Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Kyle

Think about what you want to do, not what others pressure you to do. Find that out, and pursue it! Study hard and enjoy yourself, and you will succeed!

Justin

My school is best known for our partying and football team.

My school is best known for our partying and football team.

To parents, I would make sure they encourage their student to give college a sincere thought. Students typically only consider college because their parents force them too. College/Continued education should be a personal choice based on the students decision for higher learning. Parents should also encourage the student to look into other options in the event that college does not suit the person. To students, I would help them understand that though college may not be for everyone, it should be looked into. The proper school is/should be chosen based off of personal interests and expert abilities. Finances should also be considered when looking into a colllege. Once the student gets to college, they should look into volunteer work, or maybe even a job. Any activity other than just classes is a good way to keep the stress levels down and keep the student from being burnt out. If college is really "the days of our lives" we should make the most of it. Good grades are excellent, but they mean nothing if you're too burnt out to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

My school offers a wide variety of activities such as intramural sports and multicultural activities for students of all interests to participate in. This characteristic makes my school particularly liked most among our students. With the many activities offered you get a stronger chance of meeting new people and networking.

Kyle

It's all about meeting new people and trying new things. Never be afraid to take that first leap.

The heat in the summer and the bugs at dusk during spring and summer.

The lack of parking enforcement as well as the ammount of vehicle traffic throughout the only road that runs through the campus.

Sara

My classmates are diverse in every way. Any type of person you can imagine, my school has it. No one should ever feel left out at this school. Everyone can be themselves. There is a strong presence of fraternities and sororities, but you still have a social life regardless if you are in one or not. People are usually very friendly and helpful if you ever have a question.

Even though Georgia Southern University is a large school, aside from some biology and history lectures, the lecture classes tend to be reasonably sized. Because of the size, it is easier to answer or ask questions in class without being intimidated. Also, the professors get the chance to be more personal in the smaller class sizes.

Find the college that fits your wants and needs. Don't go to a college just because it seems to be the new fad or trend, go for the education and job opportunities after graduation. Also, don't sulk in your room if you have a bad day, stay focused on your school work and take a break every now and then to keep your mind fresh. Find somewhere quiet to study and don't cram at the last minute. Set aside time every day to study for specific subjects, no one makes good grades or keeps permanent information by studying at the last minute.

Jenna

Pick a school that has the activites that you want to be involved in and that has what you want to major in. Have fun and stay focused!

I believe that this school is for everyone. There is something for everyone! The only type of people that I would say should not come are people who are not serious about classes.

Jarmichael

Pick a college that will provide the maximum amount of education for your field. Never choose a college that is just popular or for parties and fun.

A person who get along well with others and don't really worry what others have to say about them. A person who has good financial backing.

A person who choose a very different style or personal orientation.

You should look for the school that is going to meet all of your needs and ultimately get you to where you're going in life. Make sure to look into all aspects of the school. Once you make your decision, don't forget to diversify. Find activities and people to get involved with. Make friends but don't forget that school is the number one priority. Study hard, get help if you need it and you'll succeed.

I like that Georgia Southern is not too big. You have a chance to actually get to know your professors and they get to know you as well. Professors are available to you after classes and can help with any problems you may be having in the course.

Georgia Southern is a great school for anyone. There are so many different organizations and activities that anyone can easily fit in. People on campus become like family. I suggest that anyone looking for a great university that has more of a down home atmosphere attends GSU.

Alicia

Most classes are about 30-40 people which is great for me because I like to ask a lot of questions and I like to be able to have individual attention if necessary. I also picked the school because I want to go into the specialized field of Forensic Accounting, and Georgia Southern is one of the only schools in the United States that offer a bachelors and masters in Forensic Accounting.

I would suggest looking at a variety of schools and visiting those schools to make sure the atmosphere is something you will be happy with.

A lot of people here are very clique-ish. It was difficult when I first moved here, not knowing anybody, to make friends because people here tend to not reach out to others.

Koomi

I would have to say that the best way to describe my classmates is people who are just here to get an education but also know how to balance the need for a social life they also tend to enjoy life and take it easy and that is what Georgia Southern is all about.

I think the biggest thing ot think about is the atomosphere. If you don't feel comfortable instantly it is definently not the place for you. For parents I want to say do NOT pressure your children into going to the school you went to. It is their college experience, so let them decide what they are comfortable with. Be it a small community school or a large state university.

Well, to be honest not a whole in the end I really knew what I was coming here for the small school feel with a large school size and also the chemistry department is 13th in the nation how can that be beat?

Krista

If I were advising a parent or student as to the right college for them I would start with telling them to go with their heart. Choose the college they think will be best suited for them and where they will feel they will get the best education. As for making the most out of their college experience, I would tell them to just get involved. Whatever their interests are, whether it is academic or social, there is sure to be an organization for them. Getting involved around campus is the best way to meet new people and form long lasting friendships. Being involved around campus is also a great way to give back to the community they are living in. In short, I would advise them to choose a college where they will get the best education and make long lasting relationships with the people around them.

The best thing about Georgia Southern Universtiy is its involvement with the community. We are involved with the community in many ways. We have church organizations, community service organizations, sororities and fraternaties that give back to the community as well as many other civic organizations.

The worst thing about Georgia Southern University is the parking. We do not have enough 30 minute parking so there are tickets handed out all over the place.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.