Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Anndrea

The most helpful advice I can offer to the student is to not let financial matters dictate and limit their selection. Of course, with the uncertainty of the direction of America?s economy, cost should be a factor however it should not keep the student who dreams of attending a four- year university stuck at a two-year college. Do not underestimate the importance of having comfort in your surroundings. It can truly make all the difference. The student must understand that the university that they choose to attend will be the environment in which they make the transition into adulthood. College is the fast lane on the highway to self-realization, they will learn so much about themselves and who they want to be as an individual, which is why a majority of students change majors several times throughout their college career. Change is inevitable, in order to make the most out of the college experience you must not view change as an inconvenience but as an opportunity to become skilled at adaptation, a necessary ability in the ''real world".

The best thing about my school is probably its professors. The faculty?s dedication to the success of their students was apparent from day one. They never let us forget that we, the students, are their first and only priority. They do all they can to ensure a smooth transition from the over structured high school years to the liberating college lifestyle without compromising the integrity of higher education.

I mostly brag about the social aspect of my school. GSU is a very friendly environment and even though Statesboro can seem like a dull town, there is always something happening on or around campus. Events range from football games to religious conferences to political rallies, yard shows, and probates. Not to mention the variety of intramural sports, student organizations, clubs, and interest groups. So no matter what your interest may be Southern has it.

Elliott

For finding the college that fits you best, I would reccommend first making a list of the top 3 most important things to you about the campus (food, ousing, size, etc.) Then make campus visits to the schools your are considering, and once you have your list of schools narrowed down to two to three schools, you should reevaluate your list and see which school offers the best of what you want. To make the most of your college experience, I would reccommend getting involved on campus with various groups and extra-curricular activities, because it not only allows you to meet new people and increase your network of friends, but it also allows you get practice at managing your time between social and academic activites.

Someone who is career focused, and is willing to put forth the effort to do well academically.

The campus has a natural beauty that is unlike most colleges found in urban locations. I also think the helpfulness of the professors is a great benefit to the school.

Heather

The right college is the one where you step foot on campus, take one look around and immediently feel at home. That's what happened with me and Georgia Southern. I felt like I wouldn't be happy anywhere else. It was the only place I applied to and I want to even stay here for my graduate degree. I love the people and the instructors and that's what you need to look for. Somewhere you can call home.

I really don't know anyone who I wouldn't recommend this school to. I'm actually trying to get my brother to go here, too. The only thing is, if you're going to be unhappy with going here, then don't. It's as easy as that.

The worse thing about my school is the fact that, for some people, this wasn't their first choice. These people tend to bad mouth our own team.

If I could do one thing over it would have been to get more involved my freshman year, it is much harder. Also, I think it is imperative that as a freshman, students live on campus. I met many people in my dorm that I am still friends with and I wouldn't take back one second of living in the dorm.

I can walk to class, most of my friends commute to their school.

A person who is easily influenced or peer pressured, it's very hard to choose between doing what is responsible and having a good time.

Georgia Southern University is a well-rounded school.

Georgia Southern University is a well-rounded school.

The advice I would give parents and/or students would be to choose a college based on your intended major, not because of the friends that are going to that school. Your friends may not always be there for you. I would also tell them to use the sources that are provided. At Georgia Southern we have a writing center, academic success center, and free tutoring sessions. They are very helpful and if you get help as soon as you need it, it will pay off.

Georgia Southern University has enrolled over 17,000 freshmen this year.

Kyle

Think about what you want to do, not what others pressure you to do. Find that out, and pursue it! Study hard and enjoy yourself, and you will succeed!

Justin

My school is best known for our partying and football team.

My school is best known for our partying and football team.

To parents, I would make sure they encourage their student to give college a sincere thought. Students typically only consider college because their parents force them too. College/Continued education should be a personal choice based on the students decision for higher learning. Parents should also encourage the student to look into other options in the event that college does not suit the person. To students, I would help them understand that though college may not be for everyone, it should be looked into. The proper school is/should be chosen based off of personal interests and expert abilities. Finances should also be considered when looking into a colllege. Once the student gets to college, they should look into volunteer work, or maybe even a job. Any activity other than just classes is a good way to keep the stress levels down and keep the student from being burnt out. If college is really "the days of our lives" we should make the most of it. Good grades are excellent, but they mean nothing if you're too burnt out to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

My school offers a wide variety of activities such as intramural sports and multicultural activities for students of all interests to participate in. This characteristic makes my school particularly liked most among our students. With the many activities offered you get a stronger chance of meeting new people and networking.

Kyle

It's all about meeting new people and trying new things. Never be afraid to take that first leap.

The heat in the summer and the bugs at dusk during spring and summer.

The lack of parking enforcement as well as the ammount of vehicle traffic throughout the only road that runs through the campus.

Sara

My classmates are diverse in every way. Any type of person you can imagine, my school has it. No one should ever feel left out at this school. Everyone can be themselves. There is a strong presence of fraternities and sororities, but you still have a social life regardless if you are in one or not. People are usually very friendly and helpful if you ever have a question.

Even though Georgia Southern University is a large school, aside from some biology and history lectures, the lecture classes tend to be reasonably sized. Because of the size, it is easier to answer or ask questions in class without being intimidated. Also, the professors get the chance to be more personal in the smaller class sizes.

Find the college that fits your wants and needs. Don't go to a college just because it seems to be the new fad or trend, go for the education and job opportunities after graduation. Also, don't sulk in your room if you have a bad day, stay focused on your school work and take a break every now and then to keep your mind fresh. Find somewhere quiet to study and don't cram at the last minute. Set aside time every day to study for specific subjects, no one makes good grades or keeps permanent information by studying at the last minute.

Jenna

Pick a school that has the activites that you want to be involved in and that has what you want to major in. Have fun and stay focused!

I believe that this school is for everyone. There is something for everyone! The only type of people that I would say should not come are people who are not serious about classes.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.