Statesboro, GA
Georgia Southern University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia Southern University

Krista

If I were advising a parent or student as to the right college for them I would start with telling them to go with their heart. Choose the college they think will be best suited for them and where they will feel they will get the best education. As for making the most out of their college experience, I would tell them to just get involved. Whatever their interests are, whether it is academic or social, there is sure to be an organization for them. Getting involved around campus is the best way to meet new people and form long lasting friendships. Being involved around campus is also a great way to give back to the community they are living in. In short, I would advise them to choose a college where they will get the best education and make long lasting relationships with the people around them.

The best thing about Georgia Southern Universtiy is its involvement with the community. We are involved with the community in many ways. We have church organizations, community service organizations, sororities and fraternaties that give back to the community as well as many other civic organizations.

The worst thing about Georgia Southern University is the parking. We do not have enough 30 minute parking so there are tickets handed out all over the place.

Andrea

Very quiet, I just switched from vocal performance to business and I'm so out of my element. Drama kids and business people are just so incredibly different! I miss music!!!

To parents, especially young parents, I would say really think ahead. If you want your kids to be able to go where they desire, you'll need to avoid uneccessary spending as they grow up. I wish I could have gone to a musical theatre school honestly but it wasn't in our price range. To college students, start with core and get it out of the way, especially if you're doing music! Take out the core then start your major!

The campus, it's so beautiful!!!

Justyne

My classmates are friendly, helpful, and full of advice and ideas.

My classmates are friendly, helpful, and full of advice and ideas.

Go to a college that is recommended for your desired field of study. Do not go to a college because your friends are going there, etc. Go where your dream job could get you!

The quality and amount of work that I am given in classes, along with my internship opportunities.

Susan

It's not completely generic but it's not completley unique either

It's not completely generic but it's not completley unique either

My adivce would be to go visit as many colleges that you're interested in as you can. I applied to two colleges and only visited one and thought I had fallen in love with it, but within a year and a half I realized that it wasn't the right choice for me. Take your time in deciding which college you want to go to. In the end, once you find your college, you will enjoy the rest of your college years.

Brittanni

Students should choose a school focusing more on the program that they intend to study. People who keep their priorities in line are more susceptible for success. I believe that any school can be a party school, but it is all about what you make of it. When you get on the campus, one of the best moves you can do to increase friendship, networking, and build a solid resume is get involved on campus. If a university does not have an organization that you are interested in, most of them make it so that you can create your own organization by just finding an advisor. Parents should know that it is okay to worry, but if you are confident in the upbringing of your child it is better to trust them to make their own decisions and 9 out of 10 times they will not disappoint you. Students should know that freshman year is the time to obtain your highest GPA as a foundation and statistics show that most people lose the Hope scholarship their first year and it is very hard to get back. Overall, college is a time to have fun, but not too much fun.

I think that the worst thing about Georgia Southern is the lack of emphasis placed on career placement and finding a job placement for students once they graduate. Also, i feel that ties between community and college are not unified enough and many times, situations are disagreed on and it is like a civil war in the county. For example, many of the local politicians did not agree on students voting.

The campus is utterly gorgeous. They do a good job on keeping up appearances and the faculty are easy to get along with. The Georgia Southern experience is basically what you make of it and that is a good thing considering that it was not my first choice. You can get involved as much as you want to get involved and it is really easy to become overwhelmed with overdose of involvement. You definitely get a community feeling from the school.

Shelli

When its time to choose the right college it really comes down to dollar and cents. Will you be able to afford this school? What finical aid options are available? What type of education will I receive for my money? How much debt will my parents or I be in? Once you have answered those four questions you list of colleges that you want to attend will narrow down. Then comes looking at the major you want and 3 possible alternates should you want to go back and change your mind. Does this college have other majors that my credits will be able to transfer to easily? By the time you getting looking at what your colleges have to off you will have a much smaller list. When you get down to you top 3 colleges start looking at what events you can get involved in out side of school, and the type of area that your school is located in. Most importantly choose the school that you will be happy to spend the next four years at.

Georgia Southern University offers a different experience for every student and anyone who wants to soar high and reach their dreams while being in a safe and friendly learning environment will thrive at this college

Right now we are undergoing a lot of construction on campus housing, however it will be competed in Fall 2009, and Georgia Southern as gone to great lengths to makes sure it would have enough housing until then. The only problem is it is a bit of a hassle having to pay a nonrefundable 200 dollar housing deposit to insure your room, this can be stressful due to finical situations.

Daniel

We have an amazing buisness program, and our campus is growing in size and not in price.

before you go to college one must find where their passions are. Then one must search for a major that emphises that passion; so that that person can search for a college with that major. The major is the most important variable because what you learn in and outside the classroom will sink into you and you mindset and being will begin to be formed to your passion. Do not, by any means, go for friends, parties, or for your girlfriend/boyfriend; all those things change like the tide and will not stay the same. You will find yourself when you go to college because you will be alone, but you will love your independence. All you have to judge your future with is your past and present, so use them and do not worry about tomarrow for tomarrow has it's own worries.

At my school everyone is considered a drinker. i was in the hospital and was very sick, when they gave me my medicine the nurse told me not to share my drink on friday night. she was impling that i drank, and i do not, because drinking is Georgia Southern's stereotype.

Mary

Georgia Southern University it a small school with a big campus fell, where school work comes first and both students and faculty have a positive outlook.

My classmates are friendly and motivated, and everyone is almost always willing to help others.

The best way to find the right school is to first make a list of all the qualities you want in a college, and then go visit as many schools as you can. When listing the qualities of what you want in your college think about size, population, location, cost of tuition, cost of living in the area, distance from home, and most importantly available majors. Then you can go visit the schools that fit all or at least the majority of the qualities you want in a college. When you are there at the school investigate everything; including eating somewhere on campus, visiting the places to live both off and on campus, go into some of the academic buildings, exploring the non-academic activities, get information from the student suupport centers, and take a tour around the town that the campus is located in to see the places to eat and shop off campus. Most likely when you actually go to the different colleges and see them in person you will know which one is best.

Georgia Southern University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.