Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

Georgia Southern is widely known as a school that involves its students and encourages them to explore opportunities to make the best of their college experience (while keeping their grade up, of course). Georgia Southern has really grown into something entirely different over the past couple of years. The past reputation of a "party school" has now turned into one of the best schools for nursing and business in the southeast. I am proud to say I am a GSU student.

My school is over 100 years old and is most famous for it's football program. The team has won over 6 national titles. The studends love the team and the games, they tailgate all day and get into the spirit of college football in the south. Our team has many traditions, like riding to the stadium on yellow school buses, certain trails they practice on that teams have been practicing on for decades and rubbing the statue of our most famous coach Erk Russell.

Most people see this university as a party school. This is a very inaccurate observation. This is a good amount of alcohol and drug use, but it is no more than any other school in the US. If people look past this false accusation, then they would see that GSU is a very good school. The classes are small and the professors are very helpful to the students and most of them give out extra credit opportunities to help the students be successful in their class.

My school is best known for its large-scale but small-feel college. It has a loveable campus and feel to the school. The campus life is exciting every day and there is always events and activities going on. The students are always active on and off of campus. School spirit is greater than any school I know of, especially to its alumni. Georgia Southern University is the perfect school for any student looking for a great time along with a great education.

Georgia Southern is very well known for its lively student activities including our athletic events and concert series that are put on every semester. We are also well known for several of our academic programs including our nursing, education, and business programs. Georgia Southern is also known for its advisory staff who are well trained to help students make decisions about their academic career easy.

Georgia Southern University is famous for its friendly atmosphere on campus. It has all the resources that a student could find at a larger university, but it has a small college feel due to the attention professors give to each individual student. Even if a student is unable to reach a professor for help, the university offers many peer lead study groups all throughout the day, every weekday.

The school's slogan is "large-scale, small-feel". They stand by their slogan. The majority of classes are comfortable and professors get to know you on a personal level. The school's athletic program is not too shabby either. With six national football titles under our belt, Georgia Southern is a formidable SoCon opponent and they put on a good show every year.

We have a great Nursing Program. Forbes said that Georgia Southern was one of the best Graduate schools. U.S. News & World Reports said that GSU is one of 2010's best colleges and Graduate schools. The ROTC (and nursing ROTC program) is the largest the South Eastern United States that is not a military school.

My school is best known for being the biggest party school in Georgia, but it isn't really all that bad, there are plently of people who take their school seriously and don't party too much. My school is also known for its nursing program, education program, and construction management program.

My school is best known for its school spirit and small town atmosphere. It is highly accredited and has a nursing program that is very competitive. The class sizes are smaller than many universitites and the professors and staff are very helpful to students.