Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

The atmosphere of the campus and town. Georgia Southern and Statesboro are the epitomy of college life. The campus is covered in trees around massive buildings, all in the center of a small town in the middle of nowhere. The people are kind and the school is big enough to feel like you are in college but small enough to feel like you know people in every class. The professors are wonderful and friendly and truly try to invest in the lives of their students. My major, international studies, and the people involved in it couldn't be better.

I brag about our awesome amount of school spirit that flourishes throughout the University. Campus is beautiful and has a very comfortable and peacful setting, which helps to remain positive. There are several computer labs and my technology fees can be used in numerous places that I take full advantage of. Most professors and advisors are extremely helpful and are willing to work with students who try their best and put forth their best effort. They will help you if you first help yourself. GEORGIA!! ....... SOUTHERN!!

The thing that I brag about the most when I tell my old friends about my school is probably the wide variety of classes that we have available at Georgia Southern. We have so many differnt classes and for most of them, you can choose to take a smaller class or a larger class depending on what makes you feel the most comfortable. I found this very comforting because I came from a smaller school where we were close to the teachers. The teachers are often very nice and willing to help because they want us to do our best.

Georgia Southern University is a home for all of the students and it is vastly known for its big school, but small feel school. How many schools can not only say that, but actually mean it. The administration understands what it is like to be away from home and start on your own. They do everything in their power to make you feel at ease and there are so many events on campus and you are so busy with schoolwork, you don’t realize you are no longer under the watchful eyes of your parents. Also, the roomates are nice.

When I tell friends about Georgia Southern University I brag about the campus. The campus is so gorgeous and even though a lot of students attend GSU it still has that "large-scale, small feel" atmosphere. There are also so many places on campus that students can sit and do homework or just rest and hang out. For example, Sweetheart Circle is perfect on a sunny day to rest in a hammock, lay on the grass, read a book, or a play a game of frisbee. It is personally my favorite place.

One of the few remaining true teaching institutions, specializing in providing the undergraduate student with instruction by highly educated professors (best Ph.D. faculty to student ratio for public institution in Georgia) with the highest focus on student success. Each student is placed in an environment that nurtures the desire to enhance their abilities and success, post baccalaureate, while providing a positive ecomonic and social impat to the surrounding community.

I mostly brag about the social aspect of my school. GSU is a very friendly environment and even though Statesboro can seem like a dull town, there is always something happening on or around campus. Events range from football games to religious conferences to political rallies, yard shows, and probates. Not to mention the variety of intramural sports, student organizations, clubs, and interest groups. So no matter what your interest may be Southern has it.

The campus is utterly gorgeous. They do a good job on keeping up appearances and the faculty are easy to get along with. The Georgia Southern experience is basically what you make of it and that is a good thing considering that it was not my first choice. You can get involved as much as you want to get involved and it is really easy to become overwhelmed with overdose of involvement. You definitely get a community feeling from the school.

TRUE BLUE! Georgia Southern has so much school spirit. Our football team is doing amazing. We are a D1 school and are about to move up to FBS! This is so exciting. Our school is beautifully built and we are remodelling our football stadium and expanding. Georgia Southern is AFFORDABLE and is an amazing school with an awesome environment. There is support and groups all over that love envolvement from students. I love SOUTHERN.

I usually brag about the Center for Wildlife Education Center. It is an awesome place. I have volunteered there many times and have always had a good time. They have a wide variety of animals which is very intriguing to me because I am a Biology major. I also tend to brag about the professors and the many research opportunities they have presented me ever since I've been going there. It is such an awesome school!