Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

Anyone who hasn't found themselves. GSU has a plethora of opportunities academically, social, in athletics and other fields. Every semester GSU sponsors expos for job placement, studying abroad, money management as well as intellectuals, experts and people that are popular to our age group. Anything you could ever need or want is offered here. I can say that there is something for everyone and that it is impossible to fail out of GSU because every possible amenity is offered for your success. GSU graduates a great majority of any class of incoming freshman hands down.

A person who is willing to have fun but at the same time willing to wake up and go to class. Georgia Southern is known as a party school but it is quickly turning that reputation into a school that focuses only on academics. The last couple of years I have noticed a different kind of student attending Georgia Southern, a more motivated and focused student. To be honest Georgia Southern can accomindate any kind of student. There are state-of-the-art buildings and a brand new library but there is also bars and a huge social life.

Someone who wants to learn and love their school. The person should enjoy a large-scale college with small-class feel. They should want to know their professors and have the professors recognize them. This school is perfect for students who want that balance of good classes, interested professors, and a social life that is what the person shapes it to be. This is a school for people who want to be involved with their school and in clubs that fit them and support their school.

I think it is extremely hard to narrow a student to a particular "kind of person". While at GSU, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet students from all over the world. There is an international presence at the university that brings wonderful diversity and pride to the campus. If I had to list a kind of person, I would say one that is committed to school, and not there to "party". Too often students had to leave due to poor grades, and not taking their education seriously.

A person who enjoys being in a southern enviorment, where people are very hospitable and treat one another well. Not to mention the fact that Georgia Southern is a party school, so if a student likes to party they will enjoy it here. Not all students party hard here, there are plenty of other students who are academically focused and actually want to do well in school. This school is for students who are good with diversity and enjoy a good southern atmosphere.

Anyone who is looking for a great academic environment, extra curricular activities and a nice and friendly atmosphere. I think Gergia Southern has something to offer for everyone. Staff is helpful, although Statesboro is a small town, there is lot to do for the students, and getting involved is very easy too. But one of the best things about Georgia Southern is that anyone feels welcomed, and it is easy to feel like home -even for international students!

Georgia Southern is a very diverse school. I have met people from several different countries and ethnic backgrounds. Everyone that I have had the opportunity to speak with, really enjoys Georgia Southern and feels right at home. I feel that any kind of person, looking to study any subject would enjoy Georgia Southern. Not to mention, Statesboro is a very nice town. All of the local businesses and stores welcome the college students.

I bekieve this school is perfect for anybody. Georgia Southern University is a large scale school with a small college feel. Students have the opportunity to meet thousands of individuals without being overwhelmed by too many people. There are plenty of majors to choose from which creates great diversity making it a perfect choice for anyone interested in furthering their education.

Someone who is outgoing and exciting. There is lots to do but if you dont get out and make friends its hard to function here. Someone who loves to be involved in the community and fitness. It can be very hard for someone to enjoy it here if they have to work 30 hrs a week. That was the hardest thing for me balancing a social life, and being dedicated to my community and atheletics.

If you like a school that is small enough to get involved and big enough to never be bored, then GSU is for you. The campus is set up so that you will constantly be in interaction with other students. Classes are small, so it is easy to make friends, and almost everyone walks to class so it is easy to socialize. GSU offers many clubs and activities so that students are never bored.