Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

The most frustrating thing about my school, I would say, is trying to make friends. There are so many people that it is difficult to figure out who is more like you. However, we do have a lot of different organizations and groups for the students to join which can often help with this problem, but with so many choices, it is hard to make a decision about which organizations are best for you and why. It is a great school fr people who are extroverted, but for the people who are introverted, like myself, it is more difficult.

The most frustrating thing about this school is not the school itself, but the surrounding town: it is a small college town. When I moved here a year ago, I was trying to find a job. Since there are about 20,000 students and other people who live here, finding work is hard, especially when those hiring do not like your class schedule. It took me a year to find a job. But finally, I found one on campus where they thought my schedule was perfect.

The most frustrating thing about GSU is that not all classes are available every semester. When you begin signing up for classes for the next Fall semester, you also have to look to see when your required classes are going to be offered. Most classes within the majors are only offered at one time for the entire semester, or either are not available until two semesters later. This can cause students to graduate later than they had expected.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that if you live on campus you have to have a meal plan for atleast ten meals a week. Being a freshman, you have to live on campus and therefore have to have a meal plan with at least ten meals a weak. This is the worst thing because meal plans are expensive and there is not a wide variety of food to choose from. After the first month of eating campus food, I was ready for some variety.

The thing I find more frustrating than anything is choosing classes for the semester. By the time they allow freshman to pick classes, all good teachers, times and even the classes that we should be taking are full. I think they should allow freshman to have first pick at all core classes just so we can get them out of the way and not have to worry about wether we'll get in or not.

Right now we are undergoing a lot of construction on campus housing, however it will be competed in Fall 2009, and Georgia Southern as gone to great lengths to makes sure it would have enough housing until then. The only problem is it is a bit of a hassle having to pay a nonrefundable 200 dollar housing deposit to insure your room, this can be stressful due to finical situations.

Most frustrating thing about my school are that some professors don't like to help a student when there is a need. I feel if I don't understand the assignment I should go to the professor, who has a better understanding of the work; instead of an academic advisor since he or she is the one who gave it out to the students.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is located far away from the grocery store and mall, etc. It is very hard to get around if you do not have a car. I believe the bus system needs to be extended to the downtown area and the are where wal-mart and the mall is located.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the ratio of students to professors on campus. Because there are so many students in comparison to professors it makes it hard for them to grade papers and answer every student's question within the alotted class period time.

Trying to catch the campus bus to get to classes on time. Being 4 1/2 hours away from home. Making friends because I'm quiet and shy. I don't seem to fit in with most students because I don't get into the social gatherings a lot of the students enjoy.