Georgia Southern University Top Questions

The most frustrating thing about my school is the lack of explaination I receive. There are so many students there, so things cannot get done on time.

Cierra

Its really rural

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it feels that the school is in the middle of nowhere sometimes. Not a huge city life.

The most frustrating thing about my school, I would say, is trying to make friends. There are so many people that it is difficult to figure out who is more like you. However, we do have a lot of different organizations and groups for the students to join which can often help with this problem, but with so many choices, it is hard to make a decision about which organizations are best for you and why. It is a great school fr people who are extroverted, but for the people who are introverted, like myself, it is more difficult.

thyasmine

The only thing that is frustrating is that the buses or poorly cooled and it can get VERY hot.

The heat it the summer is unbearable!

Trying to catch the campus bus to get to classes on time. Being 4 1/2 hours away from home. Making friends because I'm quiet and shy. I don't seem to fit in with most students because I don't get into the social gatherings a lot of the students enjoy.

Shelbi

The cost

The most fustrating thing about my school is the cost of attendance

The most frustrating thing about Georgia Southern University is the fact that so many individuals classify our school as a major party school; every Univeristy you attend will have partying of some form, it all depends on the students.

kiersten

Finding my way arpund campus.

Katelynn

With all schools, the most frustrating thing about school is money and not being to afford everything that you need for college, as in books, supplies, housing, and food.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that if you live on campus you have to have a meal plan for atleast ten meals a week. Being a freshman, you have to live on campus and therefore have to have a meal plan with at least ten meals a weak. This is the worst thing because meal plans are expensive and there is not a wide variety of food to choose from. After the first month of eating campus food, I was ready for some variety.

Cy

The most frustrating thing about GSU is using the internet for completing homework assignments. Every once in awhile, the internet will stop working, and that can get really annoying when you're working on something very important or timed.

The thing I find more frustrating than anything is choosing classes for the semester. By the time they allow freshman to pick classes, all good teachers, times and even the classes that we should be taking are full. I think they should allow freshman to have first pick at all core classes just so we can get them out of the way and not have to worry about wether we'll get in or not.

Aysha

The most frustrating thing about my school would be the fact that there aren't alot of clubs within walking distance of the campus. As well as the fact that there are no burger places on campus, but you can get almost any other kind of food on campus.

I've been at Georgia Sotuhern for one full semester, and the second semester just started. The best thing about college life here is that I have not been frustrated with the school at all.

Alona

The most frustating thing about my school is that there are alot of students that go here and it is overpopulated so it's sometimes hard to find parking spots or room on the transit because its so crowded at times and that gets very frustrating.

Caitlyn

The most frustrating thing about this school is not the school itself, but the surrounding town: it is a small college town. When I moved here a year ago, I was trying to find a job. Since there are about 20,000 students and other people who live here, finding work is hard, especially when those hiring do not like your class schedule. It took me a year to find a job. But finally, I found one on campus where they thought my schedule was perfect.

Nycholas

Eating food around 12, everything gets packed.

Briana

a lot of white people

So many people on campus running into you while you are walking to class.

Jerome

The most frustrating thing about my school is the ratio of students to professors on campus. Because there are so many students in comparison to professors it makes it hard for them to grade papers and answer every student's question within the alotted class period time.

Most frustrating thing about my school are that some professors don't like to help a student when there is a need. I feel if I don't understand the assignment I should go to the professor, who has a better understanding of the work; instead of an academic advisor since he or she is the one who gave it out to the students.

Fuller

Nothing bothers me very much.

The most frustrating thing about GSU is that not all classes are available every semester. When you begin signing up for classes for the next Fall semester, you also have to look to see when your required classes are going to be offered. Most classes within the majors are only offered at one time for the entire semester, or either are not available until two semesters later. This can cause students to graduate later than they had expected.

Trying to stay focused when there are so many activities aroud!

Dakota

Althought it isn't bad, the cost of school is the most frustrating. It is hard for students who are putting themselves, like me, through school.

Sometimes people are overly-friendly when you just want to be left alone.

The most frustrating thing is the work load. I was used to just hanging out in high school, but here in college I always have something due or something to study.

People thinking that alcohol is the only way to have fun.

pedestrians on cell phones & a lot of construction going on

candice

How everything closes early.

Alot of people don't take school seriously, and complain about not getting in to other schools with better reputations. It seems to be most peoples second choice. Alot of people also fail out or transfer, so its hard to keep friends sometimes.

Getting paperwork through when applying.

Jehmia

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is located far away from the grocery store and mall, etc. It is very hard to get around if you do not have a car. I believe the bus system needs to be extended to the downtown area and the are where wal-mart and the mall is located.

Georgia Southern University has enrolled over 17,000 freshmen this year.

A lot of hard work.

The heat in the summer and the bugs at dusk during spring and summer.

A lot of people here are very clique-ish. It was difficult when I first moved here, not knowing anybody, to make friends because people here tend to not reach out to others.

Susan

The prices of books

Shelli

Right now we are undergoing a lot of construction on campus housing, however it will be competed in Fall 2009, and Georgia Southern as gone to great lengths to makes sure it would have enough housing until then. The only problem is it is a bit of a hassle having to pay a nonrefundable 200 dollar housing deposit to insure your room, this can be stressful due to finical situations.