Dorm life is more distracting than I gave it credit for. Keeping a strong head, determination, faith, and good study habits are key things that will have to be self-enforced at all times if a student is looking to succeed in higher education. But for the most part, I was mentally prepared for a lot of the college ways before I began my first undergraduate semester. My family made sure to let me know what I needed to know. I also took note of things, people, and situations that I came across on my own. to help me.
Honestly, I wish I woud've known the that independence was such an important factor at Georgia Southern. I had to schedule when and what part of campus to eat at everyday while moving in between classes which may sound simple but is rather difficult. I remember of one day I forgot to eat until about midnight and realized, HEY, I didn't eat all today. With that said I would say manage your time and classes to where you can eat and study properly in order to get a balanced college experience.
Before I entered college at Georgia Southern University I wish I would have listened to my parents. I barely had to study in high school and got great grades, my parents kept telling me to get a study plan so that I would have a good study plan for college. Instead I did not make a plan and once I started classes at Georgia Southern I realized it was every fast pase and I would quickly need to develop a study plan to be successful my first year of college.
I researched this school a lot before I decided to attend Georgia Southern, but the only thing I wish I had known is how bad the cafeteria food was . As a freshman you are required to purchase meal plans and you have to eat in one of the two cafeterias on campus. Most of the food there was terrible and I could have used that money to eat things that I liked.
I wish I had looked into the college soccer program more because I had heard stereotypes that discouraged me from trying out. I was told that the coach was horrible and only wanted big, fast players. After attending some of the soccer games I found this not to be true. They are a respectable team and one that I wished that I could be a part of.
I wish I would have known that this school did not have a strong criminal justice program. The justice studies program is a mix between criminal justice and political science. My education would have benefited more from a program specific to criminal justice, especially since I am pursuing my education at the doctoral level in criminology.
I wish I had known more about what program of study I should have entered into. I started out in the College of Education only to know that I wasn't prepared to test for the exams that certifies you in the education field. I wasted too much time in that program of study only to find out that age does make a difference in certain careers.
The only thing I was not aware of when I began school was the number of cotton fields that surround the school. Other than that there are no schocking factors, or crippling surprises that await you. This community depends on the school so everyone works very well together.
Dietetic Internships cost money and are extremely competitive. Students must pay the internship site once they are accepted. Internships accept applications from all 50 states but only choose between 2-10 total students out of the thousands of applications.
Learn to balance between your academic and social life. Balance it to where you are giving your academic life 75% of your time and the other 25% to your social life. You can have a lot of fun at Georgia Southern, but you have to work hard as well.