Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

I wish I would have known that Statesboro was such a small town. Statesboro is really small, but not too small, you know? It's about the same size as my town back home, so i felt more comfortable than I thought, which was a good surprise.

Take classes WAYYYY more seriously your freshman year, or you'll be spending the rest of your college time getting the grades back up. Also, DO NOT lose HOPE. It is one of the best financial aid schloarships for in state students.

It's really hard to find a job, on or off-campus, and many of the scholarships are either for technical fields or are needs-based, which doesn't help those (like me) whose parents have the money but won't pay for their college.

I wish that I knew that biology is not a good major for me. I almost failed the class and this tanked my GPA and I almost lost my Hope Scholarship. I wish i would have accepted the fact that math is more of my thing.

I wish i had known that most of the students here go home on the weekends before i had come here. I live far away and cannot go home every weekend like everyone else does. It is very lonely here on the weekends.

Well, to be honest not a whole in the end I really knew what I was coming here for the small school feel with a large school size and also the chemistry department is 13th in the nation how can that be beat?

One thing I wish to have known before I came to Georgia Southern University is how friendly the people are hear because it would have made my decision of coming to this school a lot easier.

I pretty much knew what I was getting into when I applied and decided to go here. I had teachers and friends that had previously been to the school or knew others that were in the school.

I wish I would've known that most of my work would be done online. Coming to college, I didn't have a laptop, so it was very stressful to do my homework on the computer all the time.

I wish I had known how much responsibility came with being a college student four hours from home. It's not hard, just another challenge and an opportunity to grow.