Georgia Southern University

« See more reviews of Georgia Southern University

When I visited Georgia Southern for the first time as a high school senior, I was amazed on how many opportunities it offered the students. Opportunities varying from Southern Adventures ( an outdoor club), studying internationally, to available leadership opportunities. GSU gives their students a chance to grow and succeed during their stay at the university. The skills learned from these opportunities prepares the students for a competitive job market and helps them stand out from their competition. My favorite thing about GSU is the chance it gives me to grow as a person and become a successful member of society.

The best thing about Georgia Southern University is the oppertunity of diversity. There are all sorts of different organizations that allow you to meet people from all walks of life. Not only does it allow you to make new friends, but organizations allow you to broaden your horizons. Joining different organizations give you a chance to try new things such as; juducial advocates, student government positions and entertainment promotions. If students start to feel out of place, the best solution for them is join an organization so they don't start to feel home sick.

The best thing about Georgia Southern is the fact that it is a very large campus with a small feel. The classes remain quite small for the most part which makes our learining experience easier and better. We have the chance to get up close and more personal with our professors as well as the student body. It is quite nice to have the chance to get to know at least half your classmates in order to make new friendships and create support groups that help each other with class assignments. A small feel is the best part about GSU.

What I consider best about Georgia Southern University is the friedliness of the faculty and staff. Georgia Southern's faculty is very helpful and friendly in every way. Professors are extremely nice and are definitely there to help educate the students. The staff is very polite and friendly at all times. Whenever I need help no matter the problem the staff will help out the best way they can. I really appreciate Georgia Southern's faculty and staff, they have definitely assisted me in my success my first year of college.

There are many awesome things about my school, other than the beautiful scenery, the best thing is definitely the out of the box professors one might meet. They really want to make you strive to be the best and are dedicated to making our university one of the very best in the country and the world! To have such dedicated, creative, and responsive professors is truly a blessing whether in a class of 12, 14, or 120 students, I always feel like I am part of something bigger and that my opinion matters.

At Georgia Southern, we have a great atmosphere for learning. Everywhere you go kids are having fun enjoying life, and still you have just the right amount of reminders to get your work done, and to go to your classes, that the workload doesn?t seem overwhelming. The air feels great, the scenery is beautiful, the people are kind, well kind enough, and there is always something to do. Georgia southern offers this in a reliable day by day fashion, and even in bad weather it still feels good to be here.

I believe that the best thing about Georgia Southen is the diversity that it offers not only in the variety of students, but also in the courses that are offered. Georgia Southern emphasizes on getting students of various ethnicities and backgrounds to come to the school. And in Georgia Southern offers almost any major that anyone could think of or could want to take so if you want to change your major from Biology to Fashion Merchandising you can do that without having to transfer to another school.

The best thing about Georgia Southern University is the small feel that is set from the time you arrive until the time you leave. Even though there are about 19,000 students, the college has a way of making you feel at home. The faculty are all very nice, the living areas are well-kept and the campus is well groomed and very beautiful. I have only been at Georgia Southern for one semester so far, but I enjoy being here. There are a lot of things to do and a lot of great people!

Even though we're not the most diverse school, we have a good variety of ethnicities for the stae of GA, and I LOVE that. I also like that people seem to get a long for the most part and that there is always something going on around or on campus. Intramurals are what I like to do, and we have several chances and several different sports to play. I have also had a few amazing professors that have changed my life, and I will never forget their classes or their life lessons!

The best thing about Southern is when you realize that every time tour guides said professors are student centered, they weren't lying. All of the professors want to know that you are on the right track to succeed and they are willing to help you reach your goals. Don't be afraid to approach a professor and ask for help. That's what they are there for and it actually makes their day to know you are eager about succeeding.