Georgia Southwestern State University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Georgia Southwestern State University

Ommie

I’d recommend to those who don’t mind not having anything to do on the weekends. There’s not a mall/movie theatre in town. It’s best to stay on campus for the weekends because many people go home and the campus is quiet enough to study and catch up on sleep.

Alison

Georgia Southwestern is my dream school. The size is not too big or small, the class size is perfect. While there are fraternities and sororities on the campus they are not the largest groups. The school is very opening and everyone is very nice. It was impossible not to make friends at the school. I am happy to say that I am a student at Georgia Southwestern.

Desiree

This school is great for people who enjoy a small town, close community. There is not a lot of things to do. You have get creative to make things fun. The class sizes are great. Not too intimidating. I enjoy that there isn't too much going on. That way I can get to all of the activities that are happening. I give this school a 3/5.

Patrice

It would be better if professors actually returned your calls/emails and cared more about your success. And if the food wasn't so horrible. On Thursdays they have chicken that is barely cooked. During the week most of the food on the hot bar smells horrible and other times they make foods up. Such as, basil peas, which taste as bad as they look.

Baylee

It is a good school. Many of the teachers are helpful. They just do not have the right major for me.The school is good and over all the students and faculty are nice and helpful. I would love to stay here if the just had the correct major for my future job.

Jamya

It is amazing I am so glad I choose this to be my home.

Breanna

Amazing. The school is really nice! A good choice and the academics are reall nice. Did not meet any professors due to me touring in the summer. The school is two hours and thirty minutes away from my home so it is really closer than expected. I love it!

In my own words, I believe that Georgia Southwesten State University is one of the best, most affordable schools in the state of Georgia. Not only does it have one of the best Nursing programs abroad, but it is also the safest campus state wide. I highly recommend GSW for all upcoming college freshmen.

Brianna

Georgia Southwestern State University is a quaint university that is big enough for students to feel free and open without the massiveness that comes with a bigger school (ex. UGA). I love it there because it is very open and everything is easily accessible. Everything is within a short walk of itself. The professors are great and they work with you on everything. There are plenty of activities for every type of student to be entertained. GSW is by far the best choice I could've ever made.

kayla

Georgia southwestern state university is a good university if you like diversity, close nit people and approachable professors. There are many foreign exchange students and they are always willing to share their culture with you and enjoy learning about ours as well. the community is small but tight. almost every professor here responds promptly to emails and gives any help needed for success.

lorelle

Georgia southwestern state university is a hands on school that will allow you to dream big and achieve each dream with the assistance of the faculty and staff. You find that there is warm staff and student body that will welcome you with open arms. There are various activities available for each student to part take in.

K'shouri

GSW offers a small family-oriented environment. I love the way the Coaches, the players, interns, and the faculty members are so hands-on with our questions and lets us know about the various services that are available. During my visit, both my parents and I felt welcome, safe, and a sense of relief with the upkeep of the campus, on-point security, little petty incidents, everyone knows each other, and they allow fights, but discussions to resolve conflicts (I love that). But most of all, I love the entire learning environment in which classes are relatively small, allowing you to have more in-class conversation with instructors and peers; and study hall is a requirement, and computer labs or just computers are available throughout the campus, including in the dorms. Nice!

cynthia

Georgia Southwestern State University is located in a small town called Americus, Ga. The university isn't as big as UGA or Savannah state, but it's a really good university with a lot of majors that people are/could be interested in. The best thing about this university is that we basically know everybody who goes here, and we for sure know all the professors here. The professors are so willing to work with their students outside of class, and that's just a huge thing to me. At a big college, students might not get as much help with their professors as their classes could be really huge, but down here the class size are perfect, and we get the help we need to succeed.

Blake

GSW is a great school, with an amazing atmosphere. Their nursing school is number one in the state and number four in the country. It is genuinely a great place to be. You are not just a number at the school teachers and staff know you by name. I am glad I chose to go to this school.

Kali

I think that it is a very good school that made me feel very welcome right when I got onto campus. At the end of my 4 years there, it just kept growing and growing and I cannot wait to watch it continue to grow to be the best little school. Most people, including myself, doubted it at first but it was the best place for me to be. I would not trade my four years for anything. Many opportunities to be involved on campus and your professors truly care about your success, you can't find that just anywhere.

Brianna

I feel as though it is a good school. I do feel as though the professors could appear to be more caring. It can get kind of hard sometimes. Overall though the school is good. You are sure to learn if you go to class and you do the assignments that are provided to you.

Selena

Great people, great programs and opportunities.

Kyira

Good school. Has a nice suburban area around it. Everyone is involved in the school. Professors are nice people who care about there students. School offers a verity of scholarships that are super easy to receive. I recommend attending this school if you’re looking for somewhere that has nice weather and amazing people

Morgan

My favorite part of Georgia Southwestern is the amount of campus involvement and social interaction. There is something for everyone at GSW, such as sports, Greek life, student government, and plenty of clubs to join. I also truly enjoy the campus size. It is just perfect so you can see someone you know every day, but also get to meet someone new at campus events. Go Canes!