Atlanta, GA
Georgia State University-Perimeter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia State University-Perimeter College

amina

Anybody not interested in learning!

Anybody not interested in learning!

Anybody who is interested in learning with a small group of students and with invested professors. The tuition is encouraging too.

The phone reception service is not so good!

chris

It is best known for having 5 different campuses in Atlanta. You could take courses in any campuses you choose from.

I would tell my younger self to stop being so afraid. Being afraid or failures and rejections are natural, but you can’t expect to be successful by avoiding your problems. I learned this much later on in life. I would tell him to be more socially active, challenge himself both physically and mentally, be more forthcoming about your feelings, and travel as much as you can. Time in college is a precious commodity. I would urge him to use it wisely. Video games are fun and addicting but it’s not worth most of your free time. College is one of the last places you will be where you will be surrounded by your peers. Time would be better spent on making friends and dating rather than spending absurd amount of time in a video game where there is little to no communication with other people. Another advice I would give to my younger self is to not put so much pressure on yourself. I was stressed out and burnt out by my junior year. Time is still on your side. Take a deep breath and relax. Everything is going to be fine.

Going to Georgia Perimeter College is great for me because it is much cheaper than state schools. I will be taking my prerequisite courses here and I will be saving thousands of dollars.

Caley

I find the transfer garuntee the most uique thing about this school

I find the transfer garuntee the most uique thing about this school

When I was in high school I disliked the exprience of school so much that when I graduated I had no intentions to even attend college. However, if i could talk to myself today my advice would simply be to embrace the entire experiance. To plan for the future, but remember to live in the present too.

I wish I had known that this school would be absorbed by a larger state university

Andie

If I could go back to my senior year I would have taken more college classes. I did dual enrolment and only took one college class per semester. I wish I would have done more so I could be even more ahead than I am now.

The best thing about GPC is the school is very small. It is not much different than high school. There are usually 20-30 people in a class. I like the small atmosphere. It gives you more one on one time with your professor.

The worst thing about my school is there are only certain classes at certain campuses. Georgia Perimeter has many campuses. I want to take nursing, but I have to go all the way to Clarkston campus whereas I am taking my core classes at the Newton campus/online.

Lashunda

Georgia Perimeter honestly is a blessing to any person looking to attend an accredited college and/or indecisive about their particular major and/or are looking for an inexpensive way to still receive a quality education.

It was amazing graduating at the top of my class and even receiving a full ride to college. However, all of that sounds good and so many people think that thats all a person needs to make it in college, they could not be more wrong. It is a blessing to have a full ride to a school but when you do not do your research, a person can watch that blessing and education be wasted. I would tell myself to do my research and take school seriously and honestly get it all over with when the opportunity presents itself the first time. Life can be very hard. And education can give you more options. I would tell myself to work arduously on attaining those scholarships and do all that you can to maintain them. It is fine to get a part time job but it is not fine to neglect your education over money. Because if you work harder on scholarships, you will not need a part time job. And there is money and help out here. All you have to do is you research. Education will get a person further and give them more options than knowing someone.

I believe this is for any person. I am a single mother and needed to find another option because I was tired of being stuck in the same place. But I also wasted money and time at a school I thought would teach me skills and get me in the work quickly. I love that they have a quality program where credits are transferrable and its low cost and still convenient; even with full time workers. Any person can attend this school and more people should especially persons that are not certain about their career goals.

Joseph

I would advise myself to go to college immediately after high school and not wait so long to make the decision.

I do not believe that there is any type of person that should not attend this school. While there may not be a considerable amount of diversity at the campus I attend, I have never encountered anyone that felt completely left out.

The most frustrating thing about my school is how difficult it is to get help from admissions/advisement. They are not very knowledgeable.

Lakisha

The school is best known for its men and womens basketball teams. Georgia Perimeter offers many exciting oppertunities year round. The various clubs offer step shows, workshops, ec. The school is amazing in organizing fun events such as job fairs, Student Government activities and charity events.

I would suggest many things to myself, such as keep my grades up in order to become eligible for scholarships and various academic oppetunities. When I was in school I was very shy and withdrawn. I would have suggested I network and make more friends because life is easier in college when you are well connected and in the "know," pertaining to oppertunities on campus. This ultimately would have helped me get out of my shell and open up to more people. I would have also adviced myself to communicate with the counselors on a regular basis in order to become aware of any oppertunities to better myself academically. Also, I would have suggested work study programs and even joining a club or signing up for a sport. These things would have given me balance in school and allowed me an oppertunity to meet people and hone my social skills. As well as overcome being shy. I made a lot of mistakes in high school because I was a loner. Now I embrace all of my resources and I quickly make new friends in every class. Now I am more fufilled as an individual and better prepared as a student.

The worst things about my school is the customer service. Antime I visit the Finacial Aid Office or any administrative office, the employees treat me terrible. I"m always scared to go into various offices because of the way they treat me. This discourages me and often times I opt out of visiting i person to do things online. I also think the food could be better adn the overall campus could use a makeover, such as new carpet and new paint. The gymnasium looks condemed. This takes away from the morale of the school.

Shakala

At Georgia Perimeter they offer workshops for every class subject, so there's no reason why someone should be failing a class. These workshorps are free, you even get offered five extra credit points to attend.

If I could go back in time the first thing I would tell myself is to not slack when it comes to GPA or applying to college deadlines. In high school I procrasnated a lot and that really cost me a lot in the end. Dear past me work hard and play later, apply for as many scholarships and grants as you can because, tuition and college fees are not cheap. Nothing in life is free, if you want something you have to go out and get it yourself. I know it may be hard to focus when it seems like everyone else around you is goofying off or going to the latest party every weekend but in the end it will all be worth it. Go out and get your stuff together, your education is the most important thing in your life along side your health. Without an education you will get no where in life, you want people to look up to you not down on you. So, don't be a follower, show your fellow students and friends what a leader really looks like.

The financial aid office is the worst part of the school. The school has some unprofessional, rude people working in the office. You have to stay on their case about your financial aid status or you could be done started school without them accepting your award aid and then you will have to pay out of pocket.

Jaylen

Don't give up on yourself. Don't let other succeed before you. You go thru many losses but they are always with you. I know times get hard and you got struggles but what doesn't kill makes you stronger. Let the drama go because your way better then that. Focus on school, doing your homework, going to class and asking for help when you need it. Get tutors or stay in for extra help. Your senior year is the most important, it reflects on your entire life including college. You want happiness, good job with great pay, happiness and i know you won't settle for less. Your sports are important and a passion to you and yes can cause you to become par of the "popular group" but in order to play on futher your grades have to be top notch. Yes you think your senior year is time for fun, friends , parties but it's not. You could save that for after school is done. Focus on your dreams and make them come true. Listen to me, I know and if i could change my past, I would. I believe 100% in you.

djenabou

Georgia Perimeter College offers diverse program. The school offers great programs on nursing and proffessional degree. It also offers associate of science and art program. All kind of person who has a college level can attend this school; specially people who want to be nurse. There are several races : black african amerian, asian... at Georgia Perimeter College. Wherever you are from, you will meet someone who is from the same continent. People are friendly, funny, and respectfull.

I brag most about the teachers when I tell my friends about Georgia Perimeter College. The teachers of Georgia Perimeter teach very well. They take their time when teaching by explaning everything clearly. They give a lot of examples when teaching; for example the teacher of mathematics Wiliam Griffin can give five examples base on the same main point. At this point students of Georgia Perimeter College have a good understing of their classes.

Georgia State University-Perimeter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.