Atlanta, GA
Georgia State University-Perimeter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia State University-Perimeter College

Justin

Georgia Perimeter College is best known for its diversity in student culture and how they bring it all together

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senor in high school, I would say to myself change your study habits. That is the most important thing. Secondly, I would say choose a school that fits you and not where your friends are going. That can be a distraction to you, also. Always stay focus in class and take plenty of notes. Remember that education is more importan than friends. If your friends can't accept your desicions on school, they are going keep holding you back and be a road block in your life. As far as college life, its a whole new life from high school. You are on your on, noone to wake you up, noone to tell you to go to class, noone to tell you to study. You have to take care of yourself in college. Just remember study hard, play less and that friends come and go but an education is needed.

This school is very informative and any information that I needed to know was availabe to me.

Gary

I would tell my self to prepare and study. College is not like high school in the fact that everything is so lax. I would tell myself to make sure that i dont procrastinate and that i have to take this year very seriously. I would make sure i realize that this is my foundation year and its not a joke. The decissions i make during this year will set the stage for years to come.

The best thing about my school in my opinion is that its a good school full of great professors for a low price.

The most frustrating thing about my school in m y openion is the fact that the do not do campus housing.

Gabrielle

To describe Georgia Periemeter would be patient and small.

To describe Georgia Periemeter would be patient and small.

The advice that I would give myself then being a high school senior would be to stick by logic and never emotions. I know how difficult college life can be. At times you want to give up and wish the problems that you face could go away. Looking back I wish I could take some decisions back and fight through whatever problems I was going through. Thankfully with the support and love of my family I am not bitter about things. Life has a way of showing us what is more important than just us as individuals. Also not to let distractions intervene in your mission in trying to better yourself. That's the test that is always defeating young people. Always stick to what you know is best for you and never about someone else. Never underestimate yourself and have confidence. You are a beautiful and wonderful person that has come a long way to greatness. Continue to pray and know that regardless if this world or people turn their backs you always know someone greater has it.

To best describe Georgia Perimeter would be an eye opener. They give you that college experience but not over bearing as it would be possibly at a 4 year institution. You get to see what some of the professors are like and also gives you some indications of how different high school is from college.

Brandon

My school has a lot of courage and will-power. When one of us is down, the whole school pitches in to find some way of helping that one person.

If i could go back in time and give myself advise on college life, i would tell myself to start early when looking for scholarships and that if i really want the dream i have always wanted and to grow up and make something of myself, then to go out there and earn it. Also, i would tell myself that education is the key to a great, hard-earned life that im willing to give anything to have.

I usually brag about the education levels that my school has, including the highest test taking average in North Carolina.

Tsahai

If I could go back in time I would tell myself in the beginning of my senior year, to start putting an effort into what I am really passionate about. Don't do what your family wants you to do, do what your heart desires you to do. Because if you don't you will end up not completing it because you are not happy. Also get invovled in everything that college has to offer now and when you get there because it will be more fun and those groups and people will be able to help you in the end. You are too smart to let people intimidate you, so know that your whole life there is going to be someone hating on you, let them be your motivation to do great things. Your degree is going to open doors for you that you can't imagine, and although you have had bad times dealing with church, keep God first, He will help you in those tough and lonely times.

Someone that is not sure of what they want to major in, to get the basics down first or someone, like myself that is starting from scratch and would like to attend a university and get a BA degree.

The admissions process I have to say is the most frustrating. Especially for someone that has been out of school as long as I have. There is no good assistance to help get through it.

Caryn

What makes Georgia Perimeter College unique is that it is a very flexible environment to work on a degree. From the on line courses to several campuses to choose from, Classes in the early morning to late in the day, and on weekends, GPC is a school for any student of just about any age. What also makes GPCa unique learning institution is the time and support of the professors I have experienced so far. Each one has taken a personal interest in my quest for a degree, and helped my journey with references when request ed.

If I could go back in time and pep talk myself into my freshman year in college, I would say over and over how important it is to work diligently, stay focused, and ask questions if need be to get the best baseline GPA as possible for your first semester. . Then you can relax a bit, attend parties and sporting events, or develop relationships with others. College is to graduate as degree holder is to a good job! When we have a clear understanding of the time and commitment that it takes to do well in college, it is not hard or difficult, but it is clearly about focusing on the goal. All too often students get to college, with all of its trappings of new found "freedom," and they forget WHY they are in college! It would be wonderful for every college and university to guarantee a educational environment where by students would not have any distractions to lure them away from their books, but each student is responsible for the decisions they make, and those decisions they will directly effect their future direction.

The most frustrating thing about my school probably plagues other school as well. That is the inmaturity of many students who do not take their education seriously. Time and money go into each student's quest to graduate, but there is an attitude of ingratitude for the experience that these young students have, and I feel like it can become abusive to the college experience of others.

jennie

If I were to go back in time I would tell myself to go to college right after I graduate and before I get married and have kids because having a baby and going to school is really harder than it seems.

Chanel

My classmates seem to be very mature and well educated.

My classmates seem to be very mature and well educated.

I would say academics thats how i found out about the school.

Knowing what I know now about college and life I would have given myself better advice of how i handled many situations. I would have definitley encouraged myself to study through knowing insted of through memorization. II believe that I would have been more focused in high school because i didnt realize how important college was until after ny freshmen year of college. I would have also not let family issues play a big part of my life because it was something i could not comtrol and for that I didnt do everything I could to my abilities. One thing I really wish I would have did was give back to the community more and had time to volunteer more becuase that also makes a difference in one slife. If I owuld have known the quote your attitude determines your altitude im sure I would be in better standings. Now that I do know what I know I am prepared and ready to do whatever it takes so that I am successful in life and accomplish all goals. Nothing can stop me now, Im determined and dedicated to do what I need to , to get where I need to be.

rebekah

My classmates are diverse and come from all different walks of life.

My classmates are diverse and come from all different walks of life.

I attend Georgia Perimeter College, a two-year college, which affords the oppurtunity of an education to a wide range of students. From the single mother and foriegn exchange student to the people entering college after ten years, Georgia Perimeter makes it possible and affordable for everyone.

If could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school knowing what I know now about college and the transition, I would tell myself that the party will always be there and to not lose focus of my goals. It is very easy to get caught up in this new found freedom that studying and attending class will end up taking a back seat to socializing and partying. In the grand scheme of things, the actual amount of time it takes out of your life to study and attend class is so minute and beneficia.l There is no reason they should be neglected, especially when you have come so far, worked hard, and doing this college thing on your own. This is a defining point in your life, take advantage of it and your potential. There is a lesson to be learned from every failure. Learning those lessons leads to success. Don?t forget what is truly important to you!

Raven

Going back in time I would tell myself to think about the choices I made from my freshman year up to my senior year. Most of my choices were good, great actually. I would tell myself to focus on test taking skills. In college most grades are based on test. If you do well on the test, you will do well in the class. Also, don't rush to perfection. Yes, do well. That is a good way to get scholarship money, but it isn't the only way. I would tell myself to look for more scholarships. Free money is free money, and as a stuggling college student you need as much as possible. Another thing is to do as much as possible the campus. It is almost like high school a bit. If you want to stand out around campus, do more. Everyone is not there at the same time, but the more often you're there, the more of a chance you have of being noticed.

You should attend Georgia Perimeter College if you are looking for a quality education. Georgia Perimeter College is cheaper than other schools because it is a community college. You have the abiity to live at home and still attend a school with people your own age.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that it is in the middle of "farm country". Right next to my campus is a herd of cows. Normally the cows would not bother me, but when the weather is cold or hot or it rains a lot, you can smell the cows even if they aren't in sight.

Georgia State University-Perimeter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.