Atlanta, GA
Georgia State University-Perimeter College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Georgia State University-Perimeter College

Warren

I attend Georgia Perimeter College at the Alpharetta campus and it is a very small school, where the teachers have more one on on time with the students.

The first piece of advice I would give myself if I was able to talk to myself as a highschool senior would be to join as many clubs and engage in mutiple extracurricular activities as possible. I would tell myself to join clubs, etc. because a large part of college is getting out and using your people skills to meet new people and to make new friends. For example, interacting and exchanging ideas with club members can help when meeting new people at college. Taking my piece of advice would help for a smoother transition into college for meeting new people. The second piece of advice I would give, would be open minded. There may be certain people that you would not have made friends with in highschool, but may find out you can get along very well with them. Last and foremost, I would tell myself to stop procrastinating because in college inorder to excel you need to study everyday and do your work on time. With those three pieces of advice, I feel as though I would be more prepared coming out of highschool into a college environment.

I brag most about the very affordable tuition I pay at my school.

Tamika

If I could go back and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would simply tell myself to visit as many colleges as possible before many my final discision. I could definitely choose to live on campus for at least the first year to get the full effect of dorm life verse living off campus. I also would have taken the S.A.T test several times to increase my scores. I would have studied harder my senior year instead out working, so that my GPA would have been higher also.

The long line when applying for Financial Aid, Admissions, Classes, and to see an Advisor. They simply don't care if you have class during the time you wait. They all take their slow time because they are still getting paid, no matter how fast they help the students. One day I sat in the Financial Aid line for 3 hours just to turn in a form.

When bragging about my school to my friends, I tell them how helpful the instructor are and how they are very flexible. They are truely there for the students through email, phone, or in person.

Xeryus

College is one giant step into a brand new experience and it is a must that you as a high school senior be prepared to go wherever you go. This is your last year in high school so stay focused and keep your grades up. College life can be easy or hard it varies all on the individual but you have to stay focused and study right. To get into school you have to get on the ball right away with applications and hopefully some kind of SAT or ACT score to have an acceptance. By doing things this way you will have an early hear back from the schools you applied to therefore you wont be on the edge of your seat frantically waiting to hear from that dream school. The college experience and one that you will remember for a lifetime. The places you will go the people you will meet will be an extravagant experience but it also comes with the price of staying focused and keeping your on the prize of those goals you want to accomplish. So all in all enjoy your time in highschool but college is a fullfiling adventure waiting for you.

I wish I known about the majors and programs that the school offered. Also how hands on the teachers are in ever classroom.

Someone who wants to get there course classes out of the way. A person who chooses not to spend alot of money or save up some money. Or to get accepted into this TAG program that Georgia Perimeter offers so a student can get a guaranteed addmission into top schools and universities in the Georgia system. This school could also be potential to a person who wants to increase their GPA and transfer into a school of their choice with a much more grasped concept about various subjects.

RICK

It is one of the fastest growing colleges in the united states. We have 4 campuses to choose from. You can attend one are all of them, it just depends on what you like to do. The classes are small so you dont get lost in the classroom.

In 1979 (that's when I graduated from high school) I didn't belive that i could suceed in college, even my teachers at that time never incuraged me to go to college. All young men at my school was told we should go into the military, so thats what I did. I was told that my family could never afford to send me to collage, so the Army was my only way out of the ghetto. Now I know better, I would tell that young man that their is another way out, Higher Education. I would let him know that it doesn't matter where you come from, with education you can suceed in life and live your dreams. I also would tell him not to let anyone take his dreams away. College is one of the most important steps you can take in life, and it can help you change your future and only for the better.

The Teachers know your name. Thats because of the smaller classes. It is the perfect place for someone like myself that has been out of a classroom for over 20 years. G.P.C. makes me belive that dreams do come true and even at 48 years young I still can live my dream.

Michelle

There are those who take their education seriously which is the majority, a small percentage that care but don't give there all and then the smaller percentage that is not mentally ready for the college atmosphere.

If I given the oppurtunity to talk to myself as a high school senior, I'd tell myself to put in my all. During my first three high school years I did okay but I could have done better. It wasn' until my senior year that i began to took my education seriously and put my all into the semester. In the end i receives a 4.0 but it wasn't enough to make up for my other three years and I did not recieve the hope scholarship. If I could go back in time, I would've told my self to turn in the assignments i didn't think it was a big deal to miss, I would have told myself to put more effort into studying so that the B's I made on my assignment would have ben A's and my grades would have been better than average. The most important thing to remember is to stay focused and stay on top. I'm currently holding a 4.0 gpa now that i am more serious minded, and looking back i wonder how it would've been different had i done the same in highschool.

Some one who is mature enough to handle the responsibilities of college, but would lie to ease into and is not ready or a college 4-year college.

Tiara

I have a 1 year old daughter so I need to keep a job but I didn't want to give up on my education. My school offers smaller classes and schedules that are flexible. They offer more online classes than a lot of the other schools I looked into prior to enrolled here at GPC! I think the biggest, most important thing about my school is that all the faculty and staff make you feel right at home! It is also really affortable, especially when you are someone with a family to support!

At times I wish I could go back in time and fix some of the mistakes I made in high school. I've learned so much since then, not only about school but also about life. Too often as high school students graduate and began the transition into the college life, they have their priorites completely backwards. For most, this will be the first real time they will be away from their parents and one their own. If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have made sure that I had the necessary time management skills. I would have balanced recreational activities and academics! Most importantly I would have told myself that the universe is vast and wide! If you put enough effort into the most important things in life (I'm not talking about hair and clothes), doors will open and you can write your own ticket in this life!

With the economy being like it is, I often brag about the affordability. To take an online class, its only $99 a credit hour. To take classes on campus they are much cheaper. They have several campuses. I'm getting ready to transfer in the Fall to a 4-year university and it is going to cost me twice as much as it did to go to school at GPC! I'm still getting a quality education at a discount price!

sandra

I would say to myself life is short make the best of it. This is not a rehersal its the real thing , the decisions you make now will impact your life for years to come. I would illustrate that from the age of 1 to 18 is this long{with my hands open about 16 inches) and 19 to the what ever the Lord bless you with is(hands open about 3 ft}. The core subjects you take in high school for are the same thing you will learn in college maybe a bit more indepth at times. When attending college right after High school the info is easier to remember because ofthe heads up that you just reicieved from high school. once graduating college at 22 you play time you can not only act like an adult like you have always wanted you'll be able to achieve adult things (cars,homes,jewelry,meaningful relationships). Education is the one thing no one can take from you they can fire you, they can do anything but with a college degree in something that is marketable you are always marketable and someone wil hire you .

The professors are understanding and well educated. My school is located central to a few towns so it offers easy access and has classes virtually around the clock. It also is on the bus line which for Georgia is very important if you do not drive.

The most frustrating thing about my school is waiting for help in the admissions office its always busy and the lines are long. Sometime it seems as though all the reps are not as experienced as others so you can get "the run around".

Jalesa

My school is great. The classes are not crowded, you have more one on one time with the teachers. The staff is very helpful. You are able to make alot of friends, and good people.

Georgia Perimeter College is known for being the sec. best 2year college. They are also known for having the most to use the TAG program, which is where you are able to transfer into a four year college and all of your credits will follow.

If I could go back to my High School years I would tell my self to take school a little more serious. As a senior you are ready to just graduate, trying your best just to get 70% out of the class, not worrying about your GPA, which affects you in the long run. I would tell myself to get into more clubs, a different variety of clubs. I would also tell myself not to wait till the day before to actually do a project or a paper. The main thing I would tell myself is start applying for grants early, and know the school you would like to apply for.

jane

It would get me started to my major in doctor of pharmacy.The location is great plus this would be a great start to a new beginning in my life..

I would specify that education is power, and that you need to take your education serious and all the fun can happen after you have obtain a degree and is a moral citizen in the work force.. you would be honest and very proud of your accomplishment..

One who isn't serious about their future, and one who is not willing to be committed to their studies.

Shanee

I would tell myself to pay more attention in the classes that I took for granted. Alot of high school seniors start to get a boost of confidence their senior because they know that graduation will be coming up soon and all they can think about is getting out of high school and starting the college life. I would tell myself to pace myself and take my time with all of my school work because the better your high school transcript looks the better your chances of getting into a really good college. I would also tell myself to make a schedule and note study times because sometimes it was hard being in high school working a job,going to school,trying to find study time and also trying to find time to relax and unwind as well. It is vey imperative to focus and manage your schedule and time wisely in high school because it will not be a good time to be reminiscing in summer school while the rest of your class will be walking across the stage getting high school diplomas.

The best thing about my school is that all of the faculty and staff cares. I can speak for myself but I believe that students will try harder if they believe that their teacher actually cares about their well being and the quality of the work that they turn in. Alot of students may feel discouraged to care about work assigments if there is no communication or connection with the teacher. At Georgia Perimeter College the professors strive to help students be successful in any way that they can.

Anybody who is interested in a great two year college that will further their education should attend Georgia Perimeter College. Anyone who needs a extra boost or idea of what career path they would like to follow should consider this college because with the broad selection of classes to choose from anything is possible as a final decision.

Georgia State University-Perimeter College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.