Georgia State University Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

The dorms are a little further from campus, but they have a bus that runs back and forth throughout the day. They are new and from what I've heard, very beautiful. One of my friends is a residential advisor for one of them.

The dorms at GA State are really nice. There are many options for students looking to stay on campus. There is Freshman Hall which is exclusively for freshman. If a student lives there they automatically have a meal plan added and can eat seven days a week. Piedmont North is another dorm that has a meal plan. In both dorms students share a bed room. In most cases there are up to 3 people in one room, but there are also 2 bed rooms as well. The Commons is the biggest dorm and has the option of 4bds 2bas, 2bds 2bas, and 2bds 1bas to choose from. There is also the Lofts which has more variety of room choices as well as rooms for families.

Hanh

The dorm rooms look neat from the outside but I heard that the rules are pretty strict given the notoriously bad neighbourhood (people get mugged/snatched stuff out of all the time; some students got hit by a car while crossing the street a year before I came; one teach of mine saw a bullet on the street right in front of the Marta train station a couple of years ago). There is a big portion of bad people around school campus (Woodruff Park mostly). Homeless people even ask for cigarettes. You can give away your leftover lunch to a homeless person any time you want (a friend of mine does it all the time and the Economics Club gives snacks away after our events all the time too). You can choose to stay in the "lofts" or the "commons" (the lofts are closer to the main building and the commons are a little bit further out). There are shuttles that you can travel from your dorms to the main buildings such as the Aderhold to/from the Commons. Shuttles also run from in front of General Classroom Building and Sparks Hall to the Turner Field (the official baseball field of the GA Braves) that lets you park for free except for when they have games. I heard that the food provided by the school dining program is a lot and it is not that expensive either. They provide 3 meals a day. Students keep to their own space (they close their doors and keep it private).