Gettysburg College Top Questions

Ariona

My school is best known for there great attitude towards students, and the encouragement to help students do there best in all of there classes.

Brencis

Gettysburg College is best known for all of the fraternities and active party scene dealing with greek life. Many students who transfer out end up regretting thier decision becasue of all the fun they miss out on. Pledging and rush events is a big deal for the male population since about 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of all male students on campus end up going greek or at one point consider it. The process itself is intense but worth all of the life long memories and bonds your share with your class mates and other friends who experience it.

Gianina

For one thing our school is strongy associated with the Civil War because of the Gettysburg battle. As far as accademically, our school doesn't seem to be really known for one particular major. There is a lot of emphasis on trying many different fields since it is a liberal arts school. There does seem to be a lot of science and buisness majors, though.

I don't actually know...perhaps its history department, because of the Civil War connection. It is a well-respected school in all academic areas, and the Sunderman Conservatory is quickly gaining recognition.

Melissa

Academics are strong here, the saying goes "you work for a B, you bust your butt for an A". We also have a large Greek System; about 50{4a082faed443b016e84c6ea63012b481c58f64867aa2dc62fff66e22ad7dff6c} of applicable students. We work hard and party hard, but with little access to the outside world, you have to be able to find your own fun. We are very rural; in a small town with a LOT of history.

Alexandra

Gettysburg is best known for its strong liberal arts tradition. Every student is encouraged to take classes from a wide variety of departments and encouraged to become not just a student, but a global citizen.

Miles

Greek Life History Department Civil War Education

Karen

Known for its civil war studies program.

Courtney

Its role in the Battle of Gettysburg

Scott

This school is best known for being located on the site of the most important battle of the Civil War. It has a great academic reputation, and also the reputation of being full of rich, white kids.

Kelley

I think that we are best known for our individualized learning environment and the sense of community that develops on campus. We're a pretty small school, so it's not too hard to get to know one another and organize classwork or social events or to manage volunteer programs.