Gettysburg College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gettysburg College

Sara

The day before my first day of my freshmen year of college I was terrified. I had no idea what to expect from the people or the environment. I hardly slept the night before I moved in. But when I got there, it was like all my fears went away and I knew that this was the right place for me. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful. It did not feel like high school, where cliques were spotted left and right. Instead I saw a campus and student body that would not only push me academically, but also help me develop into a well-rounded individual. The classes, professors, facilities, and my peers were not a disappointed. They went above and beyond my expectations and I could not be happier at any other academic institution.

Charlotte

Gettysburg the college is wonderful and everything anyone could dream of for a liberal arts school. The only down fall is the town its located in.

Mary Beth

I wouldn't trade it for the world.

miranda

It's a great campus and academic community; small enough that you can really get to know your professors, and you can see people you know basically anywhere. I do feel like it's big enough to also be always meeting new people, though. It really depends on how you organize your own social life. The academics are amazing! Freshman housing varies greatly in quality, but I haven't heard about any actual danger, just complaints that Stein's rooms are really small.

Khemilla

Great place for academic challenge, critical thinking, and leadership.

Barbara

It is a good school! Don't go there if you are a city person or if you like shopping or outside activities. The professors are very professional and well accredited. The music department is extremely demanding and does not leave a lot of time for other activities.

Alexis

Gettysburg College is a small town college with a big college feel. Everyone is beyond friendly and it feels so safe to the point where people feel comfortable leaving their belongings out in the open and other people don't take their stuff! The classes are challenging, but the class sizes are small, which helps with more one on one interaction, and the professors are available and helpful! There are also so many opportunities to get involved on campus ranging from intramural sports and music/art programs to summer research with your favorite professor. Anything is possible at the Burg!

Ryan

I really like the school. However, it is very dependent on Greek Life for the social scene, and I kind of hate fraternities. They basically exist to take advantage of women on campus. And I'm not really down with that. It is a very good school, though. And there are a lot of good people here. I would recommend this school to others, but every school has its issues.

Jacob

I love it!! I wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Gettysburg college is the best fit for me, the students that attend Gettysburg are all intellectually driven and the competitive atmosphere push everyone to do the best they can academically. There is a nice balance between studying and and going out.

Paris

The professors at Gettysburg are top notch. They are excited about what they are teaching and I believe all of them to be geniuses on whatever subject they teach, they really encourage in depth understanding and thinking on a topic. Though the college has invested a lot into their professors and athletics, facilities employees and residence halls are overlooked and constantly have maintenance issues. This can be avoided junior and senior year as housing is much nicer than sophomore and freshman year. Gettysburg is a great liberal arts school that makes sure you have a plan for the future, they are really helpful with finding jobs or graduate schools.

Kathleen

Gettysburg College is a great school that allows you to feel like you are at home. Its a tight knit community that has a special bond. I believe that going to school here will change my live forever. Everybody is friendly and kind, if there are ever issues they are resolved in a matter of hours. Gettysburg College is one of the best school in the United States and i'm proud to say I attend it.

Angel

Gettysburg College is small liberal arts school with a dedicated staff to assist students whether it be homework problems, questions from class, or etc. There are also many office hours open and professors usually respond to emails quickly. Although the school is small, there is a lot of school spirit and pride.

Alexi

I like it a lot, but sometimes I wish that there were more weekend events on campus instead of just parties. I'm not a party person so I sometimes get bored on the weekends when my friends and I are tired of hanging out by ourselves at night. Overall though, it is a really nice campus. The food is great and the people are super nice.

Tiari

The academics on campus are very high and the classes are challenging. The school needs to do more with diversifying the school and while doing that also get each group of students involved with different groups. There is some segregation, but that can be fixed. Overall the campus is beautfil, the professors are great.

Janet

The classes are pretty rigorous but few teachers have offered me extra ways in which I can succeed in their classes. In my experience they will tell you what you need to do to pass the class but being told that you need to obtain a "90" on a certain assignment isn't exactly what will help you achieve success. The people here from students to staff are typically friendly but not always helpful when approached. I have taken less than ten courses here and can say that I have only had a few professors who have been willing to grant me extensions on papers or other assignments, even if I have asked at a reasonable time. It is good to have a student/teacher ratio of ten to one but if the professors do not help you then this statistic is useless. Along with this, certain things such as applying for housing and courses place far more stress on students who do not need more stress. This has occurred to the degree that it almost feels like there is a force working against me. There are a ton of students who are going into the summer not knowing where they will be living next year, or if they will get into a class come the fall semester. I would expect more from a school with such high ratings as well as a school that costs such a massive amount of money to attend.

Thomas

Professors do truly care. They can be hard at times, but in the end they want to see you succeed as long as you are putting in the effort for the course. Most staff is very friendly, and do try to make a relationship with every student on campus. The school is also very accommodating to any specific needs and some staff even check in on you if you form that relationship with them.