Glen Oaks Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Glen Oaks Community College

Brandi

As a student of glen oaks, i would highly recommend this school to any person looking to receive an education from a school that takes time to make sure every student has the opportunity to expand their knowledge. The staff is always working to make improvements and the student body is super friendly and open! All around, a great school!

Rebecca

Glen Oaks Community College is a great place to start your college education, whether it be taking a few classes here and there or taking on a full-time schedule. There's a nice variety of classes that are available, and there is a good range of majors to choose from. Glen Oaks is a wonderful college!

Jalen

As a dual enrollment student, they get the job done. There's nothing exciting they offer and just now have athletic only dorms. I won't go here full time but for right now I'm satisfied with everything. They could have some of the professors become more involved, and maybe be more available. Some are great about it and others are not. I hope all full time students enjoy it, but it does not serve give me what I need for the future.

Ciarra

I actually really enjoy going to glen oaks. The class sizes were good and it was a good starter school for being right out of high school. It was convenient, close to home, and affordable! I really recommend going to glen oaks if you are not sure what you want to major in and if you are not sure if you want to go away to school. Glen oaks is a good first step after graduating!

Robert

I believe Glen Oaks Community College is a great first step for people looking to further their education. Primarily this is because of class size, affordability, and overall experience! The class sizes at Glen Oaks are around 30 or less in the general classes and have been known to get down to a 5 to 1 student to professor ratio in the more advanced classes. This is great because the professors are nearly always available for questions and tutoring outside of class which shows an immense amount of care on their part for if their student is truly learning or not! I also loved the affordability . The colleege is fairly affordable with the usual general classes being about $2,000 per semester and increasingly slightly with the more advanced classes. One of the best things is that the cost doesn't affect the learning experience. Yes, some of the equipment in the science wing may seem outdated, but because of the class size the overall emount of learning achieved could be compared if not qual to or above a larger university. When you tie in the affordability and class size it really makes the college experience enjoyable. Also with the addition of on campus housing Glen Oaks Community College is quickly becoming a small atmosphere of eenjoyable learning. They have multiple practice facilities for sports and this allows for extracuricullar activities outside of classes and still being able to get that "on your own" feeling at a community college. Overall I really enjoyed my time at Glen Oaks Community College and feel it more than prepared me for the next step in my educational journey. I also loved the feeling you got from the professors that, unlike a larger university with larger class sizes, they truly cared whether you succeed or not, and I personally feel they contributed to the motivation I have to continue on my path. Glen oaks is more than a college, it is a community, and to some me especially I built a family!

Todd

It is a fairly nice place. There are no major issues, it has a nice area to wait, classes are close together, and the teachers are nice! It needs some work, some teachers are bad at it, need to work on their English, or their class isn't really worth a quarter of the money put in. All around though, people are nice, teachers are nice, the campus is nice, the web page IS AMAZING, and the staff are helpful. I recommend it for general education, and their nursing program is stellar, but I do not recommend trying to start your major here.

Take our Scholarship Match Quiz!