Glendale, CA
Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA

I absolutely love the school. My oldest sister, and father in law both graduated from this school as well, and truly loved it. The professors are there for you which makes going to class that much easier. The campuses are very clean and security is always friendly and ready to help. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Laurel

Glendale Community College has shown me that a community college can give you the same "college experience" as a big university, minus the BIG price. The academics are amazing, the teachers care for the students in their classes and a great part of going to school here is that the class sizes are so small, every teacher knows their students and I feel I can go talk to my teachers about any questions or concerns I have. The sports here are amazing as well, everyone gets excited for the games and the spirit everyone has for the school and the teams is contagious! This school as an amazing stepping stone in my life, it has allowed me to get my footing a little before I make the jump to ASU.

Christopher

Glendale Community College is located on the slope of the beautiful Verdugo Mountains, in Glendale, California. Founded in 1927, Glendale Community has a deep rooted history of academics and sports in the Glendale and Los Angeles Area. Living in Burbank, the neighbor city of Glendale, the commute time from my house to school can be as quick as a 10 minute drive, with many alternate routes ranging from the scenic routes in the Glendale/Burbank mountains, to taking the main street of Glenoaks, to taking the infamous 5 freeway. Accessibility to the campus is easy with many options of parking and access on all sides. Glendale Community College also has many amenities on campus to all its students like two very well stocked cafeterias that offer breakfast and lunch for students both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. There are also many computer labs with access to very powerful computers, a sandbox lab that has 3D printers, touchscreen projector screens, free printing, and access to again, many powerful machines. There are two learning centers that are staffed with many capable tutors for all courses that are provided on campus with large time blocks to come in. The college staff, from counselors to professors, are extremely well versed in their subject matter and current affairs. Professors are also very involved in many clubs and activities that are held on campus for the students. The most impressive amenity is the clothes for hire room, where GCC offers free clothes for its students for job interviews, as well as a Food for Thought Pantry that provides students with low-income to no-income free food. Many students aren’t from the affluent area that surrounds GCC, and GCC accommodates everyone that attends its campus. The athletics departments at GCC are highly competitive and have had many of their students transfer with athletic scholarships to many prestigious universities. The coaches all follow very strict guidelines to ensure the safety of the athletes and of the staff, while helping the team succeed at their individual sport. I’ve been attending Glendale Community College for 7 years as a part-time student, and it has become a second home to me. I’ve visited other local community colleges in the area and none stack up to GCC. With a high graduation and transfer rate, GCC is a perfect option to those who don’t want to go to a 4 year university out of high school or for those who have not had the chance to pursue their academic goals but want to. The faculty and staff will help, push, and inspire each student to achieve their goals and succeed in life.

Emma

I am thoroughly impressed with Glendale Community College (AZ), especially as compared to other community colleges nationwide. I think this college genuinely strives to hire professors who are not only experts in their fields, but who also work to effectively teach their material and help their students become successful in their endeavors. And not only are the professors well-rounded, but the rest of the college staff as well. The counselors working in the admissions offices in particular are always kind and willing to help. I have also found that I have been very comfortable in all of the classes I have taken, because there are generally not more than 30 or so students in each class. The professors are always encouraging discussions within class, which for me is a more effective way of learning as opposed to long lectures. The overall atmosphere of GCC is very inviting and impressive; I have been very happy for the year and a half that I have been here!

Kitty

This is only my first year here and it feels great. There's lots of welcoming students and teachers. I don't feel like a 'freshmeat'. I go into campus and stride with the students. I belong there. Classrooms are fair. Lots of space to nap for those that are tired. Many places to study and get help. Lots of great food (though expensive, but worth it).

Christine

It is affordable and it is a lot more competative than others may think. Since this is a community college, there is a stereotype that this school is easy to get an "A." However, like other universities, getting an "A" requires work and dedication.

College is a time where questions are being asked from ideas and beliefs to the purpose of life. I was in great doubt by the time I entered college. However, as time progressed, I have learned a lot about myself where I can understand myself and see what my dreams and visions are for my life. If I were to give advice to my high school senior self, it would be to not give up. Community college is not a dead end to your life. If you want something, you have to work for it and strive for the best. Never tell yourself that you are not worth it because you did not attend a four-year university. As long as you keep your head straight and focused, you can conquer all. Let this time be a time where you find yourself and start to love and respect youself for who you are. Embrace the dreams and passions that are in your heart. Never let anyone tell you that your feelings are invalid. You are a person of progress. Press through. You are more than a conqueror.

The people that do not know what to do for their future. This school will help them process what they want to do and how to get there. This is also a great school to go to if there are financial situations that prevent them from attending a four-year university.

Andrew

The advice I would give myself is to not look down on a community college, yes I had to take a different path and coldnt go straight into a 4-year, but I went this path for a reason. I'm actually greatful that I came to a community college before a university, I think if I had gone straight into a 4year I would have struggled but I wasnt ready as in using my time wisely. My first year I was procastinating on every assignment but I thought it was just like high school, I was in for a rude awakening. Struggling my first semester in college because of playing football and attending school full time, on top of those two things I added a job. I had to learn how to manage my available time wisely. I then started to tell myself its either I look how to manage my time properly or flunk out, and flunking out was no option for me. The one thing I gave up was going out with friends. Therefore, the advise is to not look down of community colleges because that can perpare us for the 4 year.

I wish I had known that the drive there every morning would be a hasle, but other than that I have no complains. I like the fact that there is no struggle to get the classes that the student needs, Although, people might believe that its only the student athletes that have it easy, but even the regular students that just got for school have it easy as well.

Th type of people that should attend this school are the people that will be focus in their education. Even though it is just a community college its not going to be easy, this school really focuses in their education. This school is in the top 10 for students transferring to 4-years. Hope I dont offend anyone, but if you dont plan to focus on your education then this is the wrong school for you.

Malgorzata

My classmates are very friendly and helpful. We always help and support each other when there are problems with tests, homework, or anything else. I am very glad to take evening classes because most of my classmates are very dedicated and focused on their goals what brings us closer.

I wish to decide on a specific major during first or second year of high school and stayed focus till I receive my degree. I would like to find a school as soon as possible as well. Find out all details, deadlines, and necessary information about this chosen school. I also would like to be aware about scholarships, grants, and loans available. I wouldn't like money to be the problem for me to get in the school and study there. Knowing that future might bring unexpected situation and there might be no one to support I would like to know early enough about financial aid. Basically I have two advices: choose your school and major as early as possible (if you are not sure then focus on two majors) and stay focus, and get all necessary information about financial aid and scholarships so money is not a problem.

I always try to convience people to come to Glendale Community College because there are many different classes to choose from and they are available in the evenings as well as on Saturdays. I appreciate that student center is open and students constantly can get help, join a club, and apply for scholarships. Each time that I went to the academic counseling center I had a chance to talk with a counselor; I have never been sent back and told to come back later.

Ani

My classmates are knowledgeable, determined and focused.

My classmates are knowledgeable, determined and focused.

If I had the chance to go back in time and give myself advice on the future, I don?t know where I would be able to start. I truly have gained an immense amount of knowledge these couple of years. The first and most important advice I would give myself is to take my time in figuring out what I want as a career goal. I think the first step in the process of one?s academic awakening is realizing what his or her interests are. When I was seventeen I was so in rush to figure out what I wanted to do with my life that I didn?t understand that some things don?t have shortcuts. The second important advice I would explain to myself would be to understand that education is not a destination, but rather a journey. For most of my high school, I was impatient to graduate and move on to the next step in my life. Unfortunately, I was unaware that learning is a process and not just a point on a map. I would tell myself that experience is the ultimate learning process and there are no such things as mistakes.

The person I wouldn't reccomend to attend my school would be someone who has no goals, motivation or passion for what they are studying.

Limary

I'm studying aviation and one of the things I like about Glendale Community College is that the aviation classes are offered mostly in the evening and on Saturdays. This makes it possible to work and still be able to go to school. The ease of registration is one of my favorite things too. You are able to log on, choose your classes and pay your fees all from the comfort of your home.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would have the following advice: follow your passion. I let a well-intentioned person talk me out of going for my intended major which was communications. I was told that finding a job in such a field would be tough and that it was best if I chose something else. So I did. I watched my GPA plummet and two years later I stopped going to class. When I decided to go back to school, I did so with communications as my major. School life became much easier, homework wasn't work, my GPA improved and I graduated eventually. I would also tell my younger self to make the time to study and come to class prepared. It really doesn't take that much and your GPA will reap the results. Now that I'm back in school after having been away for so many years, I'm getting better grades than when I was younger. So in a way, I've been able use the wisdom gathered at college all those years ago. And it's a good thing I'm listening to myself.

I think the parking fees are a little steep especially when you consider that during the busiest part of the school day parking spaces are hard to find. I also think the computer labs and the bookstore hours should be more flexible. For example, the hours on the weekends are limited and for those of us who are only on campus for a Saturday class it means we have to come back on campus during the week instead of being able to accomplish everything in one trip.

Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.