Glendale, CA
Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA

Erika

I would tell myself to really savor my college experience. I personally went straight to work and didn't think I could afford to go to college- now I know that I could have found a way to pay for it if I had really tried. So, I would certainly go back in time and remind myself that I could pay for college, and that its not a grind, but a pleasure. I am truly grateful that I am now able to attend classes in my 30's, and I enjoy opening my mind and taking in new experiences.

The best thing about my school is it's PACE program for working adults. It lets me take classes at a faster pace, and usually I am surrounded by students that really enjoy learning and want to be there.

The worst thing about my school is the other students lack of interest in class. I'm an older student, and have found that the kids out of high school are always glad to be there like I am.

jessica

It is a well taught and organized school that allows the students to understand and grasp the concept of the different classes taught at the college.

If I were able to go back in time knowing what I know now about college life, I would definitely tell myself to do exactly what I did in high school because when I was a senior in high school before going to college, I had no idea what it would be like but I had the help of one class that gave me the idea and allowed me to understand a small percentage of what it would be. The class I took was called AVID and they allowed me to do my work and learn college life without having to go there. They helped me stay on top of my work and allowed me to understand that college won't be easy and that I will be on my own. I won't have someone guiding me along the way like they did in high school. I was glad that I took that class because it prepared me for college and for the unexpected. Without that class I'm sure I would have had a difficult time and wished someone would have told me how it really would have been stepping into college life.

I brag most about how well the classes are taught and most of the great teachers that are there. They are very helpful and understanding when it comes to learning and understanding the concept. They are very patient and very thoughtful when it comes to showing the easy path of learning the topics taught at school. The library is very helpful and useful also. They will go out of their way to find the information that you are looking for and make sure you receive the information and books that will be useful to the student.

Nare

Glendale Community College is best known for being one of the top schools with high transfer rates. It has programs for many majors and careers with great opportunities.

I would tell myself to take things slowly and not try to rush with all the classes. Quality is definately better than quantity so taking a unit overload just to finish sooner is not the best way to go.

In my opinion, Glendale Community College is a school for everyone. The majors range due to the fact that it is a community college, therefore anybody can get the education of their choice here.

Clarence

I know it's one of the top community colleges in California.

I know it's one of the top community colleges in California.

I would have given myself the advice of starting to think of what I really want to become and what career to choose in the future. It would make the decisions I have to make now easier because that's the biggest problem for me right now. I don't know what I really want to be. I would also tell myself to really do good on the first classes I get and not get lazy.

Fewer classes are open now and it's just hard to choose what classes you need, for your GE, that has the convenient timing for your personal schedule. Fewer classes with more people going to community colleges because it's cheaper will lead to problems later I think.

Anton

It's not only that the school is unique by its self also the location makes the campus a place to be.

The advice would be, study more English, because I schedule always ahead of time, do my homework and never miss a class. I would like to change that If I could go back because coming to the US as an International Student I was a little behind with my English. But about the college life and the transition, I had a very easy transition to college because of the decipline I had in High school.

What I see as the best of my school is that the organization is very open minded for every student and wants to help the student in achieving their goals. the school is always trying to come up with a good plan that fits the student.

Gevork

I would have advised myself to finish off my Calculus class instead of dropping it. I worked way too hard to get to where I was at and I ruined it during my 12th grade just because of that one class. For 4 years I pictured myself out of SoCal and at UCB, but things change. We must adapt to these changes and learn from our mistakes. Because of that mistake I must spend an additional 3 years at GCC to complete the requirements for Berkeley for my major. If one thinks that High School is hard, wait until they get to College. Working 30 hrs/week to help pay for classes and being a full time student at college isn't what I had expected, but life moves on. I just hope I reach my goal because one thing that I fear in life is being unsuccesful.

Ryan

Have you had your time? Good! Now get ready to start school! There are three crucial points that you should know when you enter college: plan ahead, work hard constantly and never fall behind, and be prepared to put yourself to test. First of all, plan ahead which includes choose your major before you enter college and organize your schedule of classes that you will be taking during your stay in collge. Work hard constantly and never fall behind! You have no time to take breaks and mess around. Even falling back one class will hurt you and might be the reason why your stay in college will be prolonged. Do not risk carelessness of making up classes that you gave up on early. Most importantly, be ready to put all that YOU have taught yourself in high school into test when you enter college. High school was a time and place where you got to teach yourself the skills required to be successful in college. For example, you have spent all these years studying for different classes and by now you should have already figuered out and mastered the best technique for you to study for your classes.

I consider the best thing about my school to be the hands-on activities that we do in school especially for science major classes such as biology, physics, and chemistry that help us understand the material and the subject of the class that we would be lecturing at the time. Many students get a second chance to grasp the new idea or sometimes even for some students it allows to understand the subject in a greater depth. The labs that we use to do our activities are also provided with sufficient materials needed to do perform the activity.

One of the worst things that probably 99% of the students in our college complain about which is a reasonable issue to compalin for is the short compressed amount of time that are given each semester to cover a certain amount of topic in that class. Although, you might say that this is college level and students should keep up with the fast paced classes offered, most of the time probably 85 % of the instructors don't even manage to cover every topic in the given time so they end up skipping topics or doing a poor job on them.

Monika

Since I was little, I always thought of myself as a businessperson. If I were to attend the right college then I would try my hardest to succeed in business. In order for me to succeed, I would dedicate half of my life to studying and learning the right way. If I were to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would advise myself to make an educational plan before attending college. This particular plan will insist of hard work, time, and dedication to reach the goal I have been dreaming to have. I would mention that without a plan, there is likely a chance of failure. Once you realize you are unable to accomplish that goal, you know that you have failed. Why fail when you can be prepared with a plan leading to success. I would also advise the right college to attend for this particular business major. Education is recommended if you want the right career to provide financial support for your future. In addition, I would teach several ways to access grants, scholarships, and overall benefits when attending college. Advising myself will help tremendously to prepare for college.

I consider Financial Aid to be the best thing in school. I love the way my school provides an easier way to access free money. In my case, paying for college was difficult but once I heard about the program I immediately signed up. The best benefit of getting grants is that it is completely free and you do not pay them back such as loans. In addition to Financial Aid, registering for my classes became easier for me because the amount is surprisingly affordable.

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes. Knowing how many students attend Glendale Community College is a challenge once it is time to register for classes. In my case, I am always aware of the registration date however once I register, certain classes tend to close as soon as they are available. This is very difficult when you truly need those classes in order for you to continue your plans for the remaining year.

Kristine

I would advice myself as a high school senior to learn how to manage time. At the college you are on your own. Most teachers do not collect homework assignments every day. They collect them on the test day or they never collect them. Students need to manage their time wisely to do their homework and learn the material in order to pass the class. If they do not know how to manage their time wisely, they will have many sleepless nights before tests to study two or more chapters for tests.

The worst thing about my college is that the bathroom doors in the campus do not have the buttons for disabled people. Disabled students, especially students on wheelchairs, have really hard time opening the bathroom doors in my college campus. Most of the time they need other students help to open the door. They might even wait few minutes until someone comes and opens the door. Bathrooms in college campus should have buttons for disabled people in order to open the doors easily.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) students get priority registration. The classes get filled up quickly with the students that have the priority registration dates. Only few spaces are open for others to register. There should be more classes from each department or there should be no priority registration for EOPS students so everyone will have equal opportunity to register first.

Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.