Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA Top Questions

Limary

I think the parking fees are a little steep especially when you consider that during the busiest part of the school day parking spaces are hard to find. I also think the computer labs and the bookstore hours should be more flexible. For example, the hours on the weekends are limited and for those of us who are only on campus for a Saturday class it means we have to come back on campus during the week instead of being able to accomplish everything in one trip.

Liliana

The most frustrating thing in my school is how much people smoke. You walk into the patios it reeks of tobacco everywhere. You would think in a college full of people looking to further their education there would be educated people who knew the consequences of smoking! If you lower your gaze to the concrete you step on you will find a graveyards of cigarret buds for as long as your eyes can view! Worst is how the petition to ban smoking from the campus only received five signatures.

The most frustrating thing about my school is that I am not able to do everything I would like to do. Because most classes are during the day I am only able to do a small amount. I have been a full time volunteer at a non-profit in Los Angeles called the Dream Center (dreamcenter.org) and working part time at Starbucks as well as doing full time school. It is the only way I can afford anything, but because of my schedule and trying to afford it, it limits the amount of classes I can take.

Clarence

Fewer classes are open now and it's just hard to choose what classes you need, for your GE, that has the convenient timing for your personal schedule. Fewer classes with more people going to community colleges because it's cheaper will lead to problems later I think.

Monika

The most frustrating thing about my school is registering for classes. Knowing how many students attend Glendale Community College is a challenge once it is time to register for classes. In my case, I am always aware of the registration date however once I register, certain classes tend to close as soon as they are available. This is very difficult when you truly need those classes in order for you to continue your plans for the remaining year.

Kristine

The most frustrating thing about my school is that EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services) students get priority registration. The classes get filled up quickly with the students that have the priority registration dates. Only few spaces are open for others to register. There should be more classes from each department or there should be no priority registration for EOPS students so everyone will have equal opportunity to register first.