Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Glendale Community College-Glendale, CA

Katya

Glendale Community College is a wonderful junior college for students who plan to transfer to a great university, want to earn an Associate's Degree, or just want to learn. Major advantages are updated classrooms and technology, and approachable and helpful faculty. One disadvantage is the lack of student engagement and involvement in extracurriculars. There are many opportunities to get involved, but not many students take advantage of it.

Laurel

Glendale Community College has shown me that a community college can give you the same "college experience" as a big university, minus the BIG price. The academics are amazing, the teachers care for the students in their classes and a great part of going to school here is that the class sizes are so small, every teacher knows their students and I feel I can go talk to my teachers about any questions or concerns I have. The sports here are amazing as well, everyone gets excited for the games and the spirit everyone has for the school and the teams is contagious! This school as an amazing stepping stone in my life, it has allowed me to get my footing a little before I make the jump to ASU.

Juli Anne

I can only speak for the Department of Nursing, which is a pretty limited view of Glendale Community College overall. With that said, my teachers were always passionate and involved in their work, and they kept consistent office hours. The class culture was great as well, my classmates were motivated to learn and did not hesitate to help one another. As I was part of the weekend/evening group I felt that my half of the cohort had a more difficult time with coordinating things for department-wide parties, fundraisers etc. but I can't really blame my classmates as we all had a lot going on. I passed my NCLEX and I can definitely say that GCC helped prepare me to be a good nurse. Take that for what you will but I enjoyed my time there!

Natalie

I enjoyed my time at Glendale Community college. I found the councilors and staff members very helpful and trained well to handle any situation given and provide students with honest and helpful advice. They have a great transfer center that helps students who wish to transfer to a Cal State or UC school by helping with application process as well as personal statement. I was hesitant on furthering my education at a community college but now I am glad i made the right choice.

Adelina

Glendale is a great school and I like all the professors I have had the opportunity to learn from and the facilities and activities I am able to attend. I do wish their was more of evening events to go to for students who cant make it in the morning.

I absolutely love the school. My oldest sister, and father in law both graduated from this school as well, and truly loved it. The professors are there for you which makes going to class that much easier. The campuses are very clean and security is always friendly and ready to help. I would highly recommend this school to anyone!

Luis

So far it is perfect. The problem is that it is expensive, and there should be programs that wavier the parking pass or some of the classes enrolled. This should only be an incentive towards the transfer or graduate students. I have not been in a hostile threats, but my Math teacher said his Laptop was robbed. I take his word for it, so I do not voluntarily leave money loose on my table.

Grace

Glendale Community College is quite unassuming, but definitely a hidden gem. The library is full of students studying at the numerous desks or in the collaborative rooms, the book and supply reserve is huge, there is almost always something happening in the quad, the planetarium has something interesting every weekday around lunchtime, the academic support is tremendous, and the arts programs are constantly giving some sort of show. You just have to dig a little deeper and look into things, because if you don't you'll never know they're there.

Emma

I am thoroughly impressed with Glendale Community College (AZ), especially as compared to other community colleges nationwide. I think this college genuinely strives to hire professors who are not only experts in their fields, but who also work to effectively teach their material and help their students become successful in their endeavors. And not only are the professors well-rounded, but the rest of the college staff as well. The counselors working in the admissions offices in particular are always kind and willing to help. I have also found that I have been very comfortable in all of the classes I have taken, because there are generally not more than 30 or so students in each class. The professors are always encouraging discussions within class, which for me is a more effective way of learning as opposed to long lectures. The overall atmosphere of GCC is very inviting and impressive; I have been very happy for the year and a half that I have been here!

Miguel

Staff is usually friendly, especially to newcomers. Lots of smart teachers and campus is relatively safe. GCC has a high transfer rate so it is a good choice for transfer students/ looking to save 2 years worth of tuition. Faculties and resources are usually up to date as well.

Christopher

Glendale Community College is located on the slope of the beautiful Verdugo Mountains, in Glendale, California. Founded in 1927, Glendale Community has a deep rooted history of academics and sports in the Glendale and Los Angeles Area. Living in Burbank, the neighbor city of Glendale, the commute time from my house to school can be as quick as a 10 minute drive, with many alternate routes ranging from the scenic routes in the Glendale/Burbank mountains, to taking the main street of Glenoaks, to taking the infamous 5 freeway. Accessibility to the campus is easy with many options of parking and access on all sides. Glendale Community College also has many amenities on campus to all its students like two very well stocked cafeterias that offer breakfast and lunch for students both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. There are also many computer labs with access to very powerful computers, a sandbox lab that has 3D printers, touchscreen projector screens, free printing, and access to again, many powerful machines. There are two learning centers that are staffed with many capable tutors for all courses that are provided on campus with large time blocks to come in. The college staff, from counselors to professors, are extremely well versed in their subject matter and current affairs. Professors are also very involved in many clubs and activities that are held on campus for the students. The most impressive amenity is the clothes for hire room, where GCC offers free clothes for its students for job interviews, as well as a Food for Thought Pantry that provides students with low-income to no-income free food. Many students aren’t from the affluent area that surrounds GCC, and GCC accommodates everyone that attends its campus. The athletics departments at GCC are highly competitive and have had many of their students transfer with athletic scholarships to many prestigious universities. The coaches all follow very strict guidelines to ensure the safety of the athletes and of the staff, while helping the team succeed at their individual sport. I’ve been attending Glendale Community College for 7 years as a part-time student, and it has become a second home to me. I’ve visited other local community colleges in the area and none stack up to GCC. With a high graduation and transfer rate, GCC is a perfect option to those who don’t want to go to a 4 year university out of high school or for those who have not had the chance to pursue their academic goals but want to. The faculty and staff will help, push, and inspire each student to achieve their goals and succeed in life.

Kitty

This is only my first year here and it feels great. There's lots of welcoming students and teachers. I don't feel like a 'freshmeat'. I go into campus and stride with the students. I belong there. Classrooms are fair. Lots of space to nap for those that are tired. Many places to study and get help. Lots of great food (though expensive, but worth it).

Antonio

Although Glendale Community College is an affordable school, the location and classes are subpar. To begin with the location, it is in a urban area and I often don't feel safe while leaving school. The classes are cheap, but you are paying for the education you are getting. Teachers aren't negotiable and often aren't at there office hours when I need help. These reasons are making me want to transfer to another school.

Martha

When is first started at Glendale I liked the way the campus was built. The campus itself is very beautiful, it has fountains and mountains. The students seem to be more to themselves, they attend college and go home, there is no much interaction among the students. The professors are very helpful and approachable.

Vianey

My overall opinion is great. I feel safe on campus and the staff is very nice. i think that it is a good school and they offer plenty of financial resources. their campus is very nice and it is a big school. I find it convenient because i live close to the campus.