East Hartford, CT
Goodwin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goodwin College

Diana

I am currently a student at Goodwin College. I've been going there for the past year and just got admitted into their nursing program. The school is architecturally very beautiful and comes with a river front view. It may be a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. Every single professor I've had has been available to me when I've needed them most. Not to mention very few students per classroom. Tutoring is available with very flexible schedules, and the library allows free printing for your school work. I will not sugar coat the nursing program process- because it is DIFFICULT. Way harder to get in than the seminar will make you think. They only allow 67 candidates per cohort- 3 times a year. But 10 of those positions are reserved for LPN's trying to get into the program. That means there are only 57 spots available for the rest of the applicants. My best advice to you is if you need to fulfill more pre-reqs DO THEM AT GOODWIN. Why? Well because Goodwin goes by a points system and you get 1 point per class you take at Goodwin, and only up to 7 classes. So if you take 7 courses there- you already have 7 points. Next, make sure you keep you GPA high. I'm talking no less than a 3.7. Make sure you pay special attention to your A&P courses and keep all of your notes. Trust me, you're going to need them. All other points are based on what you school on the entrance exam and what degree you come in with. Masters= 4 points, Bachelors= 3, Associates= 2, and High school diploma= 1. Keep your points as high as possible. I've never heard of anyone getting in with less than 19 points. So aim for something higher just to be on the safe side. Overall, I would definitely recommend this school to anyone interested in a career offered at Goodwin College. Good luck!

Andrea
Ms.Venia

Pretty good college

Ms.Venia

Pretty good college

Melissa
A safe college

A safe college

Goodwin has been a great school for me because it is very flexible around my full time work hours. I would have never been able to coordinate my school and work schedules at any other school.

Jess
Goodwin College Review

Goodwin College Review

Goodwin College is the first college I ever attended. I left to go to a four year school in Massachusetts and ended up coming back, because the education was so much better here. The staff has been helpful and I look forward to continuing my learning here.

The best thing about Goodwin College is the staff, everyone I have met with and have been advised by is so helpful and mindful of what plan works best for me. They do not treat me like every other student, I am treated like an individual that matters and has unique needs. Compared to the other schools that I have attended, Goodwin has gone above and beyond any experience I have had in the past. The school size is just right, the campus is beautiful and modern. Classrooms are technologically advanced and up to date, which is hard to find in most schools. The most common complaint among people who look into Goodwin, not so much the students that attend the school, is the pricing. Yes, the prices are more than a community college, but they offer so many payment options and scholarships to the students so the price is manageable.

There is no official stereotype of the school, because the school does a great job of advertising that they are open to any type of student and offer a diverse campus atmosphere for everyone.

The students at the school are so diversified, the school does focus on people going back to school and may be a bit older than the typical college student. But at the same time the school welcomes students right out of high school, and I feel that most of the students there are serious about school and know what they want out of it. There is no students the intentionally interrupt the class or mess around, like you might find at community colleges.

Erica

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that it is okay to be unsure of what path to take in terms of college and a career. I would tell myself to still apply to all of the private colleges that sparked my interest, but if I didn't feel ready, starting off at a community college would still be a good choice. I would remind myself that my education is the important part - not the name of the school I would attend. I would tell myself to make a goal, even if it is a short-term one, and always have something to work towards, because the big picture can sometimes be overwhelming. Finally, I would remind my high school self to branch out, get involved, and try new things, because you truly get out of college what you put into it, and it really can be an amazingly rewarding experience.

A person attending Goodwin College should be driven and have a career goal in mind. The classes can be intense, but enjoyable, so having a specific goal to work towards will be beneficial for motivation. Goodwin college also offers numerous online and accelerated (7 1/2 week) courses that allow students to complete a degree in a shorter amount of time, as long as he or she is focused on completing a substantial amount of work in a shorter period of time.

The most frustrating thing about Goodwin College is their transferring credit policies. Many credits from other colleges or universities may not translate into an associate or bachelor's plan of study. I have had to take additional prerequisites that are extremely similar to classes I have already completed at other schools in the past, simply because Goodwin College has its own version of the class that they require their students to take specificially.

Lucianna

If I could go back to high school and talk to myself about the future, I would say that it's okay to take sometime to figure out which career will make you happy. Everyone finds this information out at their own pace. So just because friends go immediately out to college, and your first college wasn't the best choice, it's okay to try again. You will succeed and you will find a college where transititoning is easy and where you feel comfortable and excited to attend. I would have told myself to experience a few fields, go out and volunteer more and see what really makes you happy. I would tell myself not to regret decisions because every decision made identifies who we are as people. My choices made me who I am. I would remind myself not to lose that goal-oriented personality and to keep shooting for the stars because in a few short years, you'll finally make it and understand the path you took for your education was benefical to you.

Unfortunately in today's day in age, financially this school is expensive. Working full time and going to school 3/4 time the scheduling in my life gets hectic. Their financial aid office is accomodating and will give ideas and suggestions about FAFSA and scholarships. I feel they really want to see you succeed and attend their school, but also be stable financially as well.

The kind of person who should attend this school could be the person who wants a second chance at a career, the mom who has children and wants to further their education, or the newly high school graduate ready to take some courses. Goodwin College accomodates all people with schedules that will suite everyones needs. They are supportive and understanding and make your education their priority. You really feel special at this school.

Hilda

What I think is unique about the school is that it is smaller than other schools. By the school being small it allow us as students to get more help and attention from teachers. It also allows us to have a great relationship with our professors. I enjoy the size of the school.

If I could go back I would most definitely sit down and think about my future profession. Although not every college student knows what they want to do as their profession I wish I did. Being able to know this would have save a lot of time I have spent in school. Another thing I would have done differently is do a lot more study groups. I first thought they were not helpful but they actually did help me with my last couple of years of college. I noticed that studying with a group of people gave me a better grade when test taking. These are both two important things I wish I could go back in time and talk to myself in high school about.

One thing I find frustrating about this college it that it is very expensive to pay for. I had to take out at least 3 loans on top of me having Financial Aid. For this past fall semester I had to take out a loan on top of me already having to pay for a seven-thousand dollar loan that I already own. This upcoming year 2015 I also have a balance of over six-thousand dollars. I can no longer afford taking out loans i just can not afford it. Besides the price it is a great school.

Goodwin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.