East Hartford, CT
Goodwin College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goodwin College

Angel

Knowing what I know now about college life and making the transition the advice I would give myself as a high school senior would be to tell myself to apply for scholarships. Back in my senior year of high school, my guidance counselor would tell us all to apply for scholarships. My guidance counselor emphasis the need for me to apply for as many scholarships as I could. I did apply for scholarships but I didn’t really make an effort. In my mind, I knew college was expensive but I thought I wouldn’t have to pay back the money once I finish school and started working. Throughout the course of my college years, I had to take out loans, pay the reminder balance of my tuition with my own money, and pay for my books. If I had applied for scholarships in my senior year of high school, I probably would not be in the financial hardship that I am in now.

What I wish I known before I came to this school was how expensive the school was.

There is not enough resources and people helping students with scholarships and alternative ways to pay for tuition beside taking out a loan.

Tiffany

As many teenagers are, I was lost in my own world of self-consciousness and insecurites, thinking the whole world is looking at me for answers. The truth is the world does not wait for you to become an adult. You don't magically wake up and know exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life. Education is lifelong and has changed mine forever. I would tell myself, "Tiffany, you have your whole life to be who you dream to be. No matter how old you are, anything can be conqured. And let life take you on a ride. Go ahead and get married and have kids. You will be an amazing mother. And that boy you dated this year, he will be the best daddy and husband in the world. Once life settles down, and you have time to think about yourself, you will find your path. It will be an adjustment, but you will learn there is a you, under developed, waiting to cure the world. You never thought you could, did you? College life can wait. Indecisiveness will fade. Your wisedom will flourish in college. And always remember, love yourself."

sara

High school is the step before College. If one plans to go for further education after high school he or she must realize that they are in the spot where they can prepare themselves for the next step. So best advice would be to learn as much as possible when they are in high school. Most of the time high school students are being confused with learning and memorizing. Memorizing will definetly help them to finish high school however, it will not be helpful when they are in College. Learning on the other hand is different, if one truly learns something it is very difficult for him/her to forget. So best thing for high school student to do is learn the subject, because he/she will be seing same subject in a different level. If background is not strong on the subject, most likely he/she will fail in college.

Goodwin College provides many opportunities for the students, such as flexible schedules, on-line courses etc. My only concern about Goodwin College is Financial. I think the worst thing is that school is a little expensive for me.

I think Goodwin College is excellent school for Nursing program. I have heard so many good things about Goodwin College. I found nothing frustratinng about Goodwin College.

Cynthia

My school offers a small classroom setting in which allows the students to individually talk to teachers. The school also offers financial support and other events to help furth a student's career. It runs on trimesters; spring, summer, and fall semesters. They offer financial aid for all semesters and it speeds up the process of earning a variety of degrees they offer. It is a school filled with a diverse group of peoples such as single parents, minorities, high school graduates, young adults, middle aged adults, and students continuing their education.

At Goodwin College I have been offered a diverse population of students, caring teachers, and a community. I have been able to make friends with many different people and learned from each one. I also am an individual of many cultures, born and raised in the United States with a heritage from Peru and China. The diversity has caused me to become more open minded. I also was completely skeptical of attending my college until I met a teacher, Mr. Secondo. His way of teaching caused me to fall in love with my worst high school subject, biology. I have found a great appreciation and interest to all sciences. It's like giving a mouse a cookie, the mouse will want more. I want to know more. I began in my school with the idea of simply completing an associate's degree as a registered nurse, but now I am on the road for a bachelor's degree. I don't plan to stop there because I want to be a cRNA and pursue my master's degree in nursing. I'll have a third and fourth cookie and become fat with knowledge to help my community.

I wish I knew it was a private school and cost a little more than my budget was worth, but I have been able to somehow pull through financiallly. Hopefully I don't jynx myself by saying that.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would definitly tell myself to focus more because all colleges look at your senior year grades and GPA.

That I could of applied for more scholarships than I did. Many of the requirements threw me off and I didnt complete the scholarship applications.

Ripal

If i could go back in time to my high school senior year, i would have taken more college classes as a senior so i could graduate early. I would have saved more money for college. Applied more for scholarships. College life can be hactic as times that reminds you of senior moments. Making wise desicion as a high school senior. I wish i had done that. But only i could go back in time.

Honestly, i wish i would have known about the Respiratory Care Program earlier.

I brag about the way i got into my Respiratory Care Program. The oppertunity that i have recieved as a student.

Small Classes and one on one learning. It has a great nursing program and many resources to help students out who need help with studies.

Give it your all, no slacking and just do it. I will be a better decision in the end for everyone.

The worst thing about goodwin is the number of classes offered. Registration is not online makeing it very difficult to choice classes.

Goodwin College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.