Goodwin College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Goodwin College

Alicia

Goodwin College is a commuter school with a very diverse population of students and faculty. Although this isn't the "typical" college environment, the education is excellent. The RN and BSN programs are outstanding. The RN program has connections with several large hospitals and offers well-rounded clinical experiences. The courses prepare students to pass the NCLEX boards to become registered nurses.

Jess

Goodwin College is the first college I ever attended. I left to go to a four year school in Massachusetts and ended up coming back, because the education was so much better here. The staff has been helpful and I look forward to continuing my learning here.

Andrea

Pretty good college

Kelly

Goodwin College offers a beautiful atmosphere with its' modern art and architecture as well as a variety of courses to fit the desire of any student. I am proud to say that I am a student of this school as I discuss with others what my future plans are. Although this college is known mostly for its' nursing program, the education program is top notch as well. I earned my A.S. degree at a community college where my credits were transferable to Goodwin College where I am currently undergoing my B.A. in Child Studies.

Hali

The staff are honestly amazing, they help you on every single step and are always there for assistance. The college is very modern and career focused. There are no sports teams offered at the college. The view of the college is gorgeous, it sits on the riverfront. The exterior is well kept up with and they provide plenty of outdoor seating if you wish to study outside. The inside of the building are always clean and neat. The professors are so supportive, and they just want to see you succeed in your career. If you’re looking for a college with a passion to help you find a degree to suit your career goals, this is the school for you!

Melissa

Goodwin has been a great school for me because it is very flexible around my full time work hours. I would have never been able to coordinate my school and work schedules at any other school.

amanda

I really believe Goodwin college is a good college for people who want to be there. This is not a college for the typical party high school student. The majority of the population is single mothers who want to learn to help feed their children, so there is nothing they would let get in their way of their degree.

I love Goodwin College but it is very expensive. However, Goodwin college promote a positive learning environment for its Students by actively pushing them to their greatest potential. Goodwin is also a flexible college that caters to the working adult and full-time parents.

Anzhelika

Love it

Diana

I am currently a student at Goodwin College. I've been going there for the past year and just got admitted into their nursing program. The school is architecturally very beautiful and comes with a river front view. It may be a bit expensive but you get what you pay for. Every single professor I've had has been available to me when I've needed them most. Not to mention very few students per classroom. Tutoring is available with very flexible schedules, and the library allows free printing for your school work. I will not sugar coat the nursing program process- because it is DIFFICULT. Way harder to get in than the seminar will make you think. They only allow 67 candidates per cohort- 3 times a year. But 10 of those positions are reserved for LPN's trying to get into the program. That means there are only 57 spots available for the rest of the applicants. My best advice to you is if you need to fulfill more pre-reqs DO THEM AT GOODWIN. Why? Well because Goodwin goes by a points system and you get 1 point per class you take at Goodwin, and only up to 7 classes. So if you take 7 courses there- you already have 7 points. Next, make sure you keep you GPA high. I'm talking no less than a 3.7. Make sure you pay special attention to your A&P courses and keep all of your notes. Trust me, you're going to need them. All other points are based on what you school on the entrance exam and what degree you come in with. Masters= 4 points, Bachelors= 3, Associates= 2, and High school diploma= 1. Keep your points as high as possible. I've never heard of anyone getting in with less than 19 points. So aim for something higher just to be on the safe side. Overall, I would definitely recommend this school to anyone interested in a career offered at Goodwin College. Good luck!

Angela

I feel as though it is a very expensive private school but, the flexibility of classes is very attractive to working adults. I am an adult learner who has been out of school for quite sometime and the professors are very understanding and patient and work to accommodate me and provide support to not fall behind.

Breanna

I've done a program over the summer for Goodwin and overall it was a great experience because it made me get a feel for the environment. I realize that college is completely different from high school; where in the teachers will not chase you if you have missing work.

Lynda

I can't say enough about how great Goodwin is. The professors are some of the best in the state and have a great understanding for what it's like to works and take classes and raise a family. The school makes the transition easy for us and I would highly recommend it for someone looking go advance their career while still maintaining their lives.

Katrina

I love it!!!! The teachers, staff, and students have and continue to be accessible for assistance in classes and personal life. The level of care in the professional world and how to adjust to it, regardless of age, is exceptional. I recommend Goodwin College to anyone!!!

Frances

Goodwin College makes me happy. Proffesors show that they care for your learning, the students and the staff are nice. I learned alot from Goodwin College. I reccomend it. The only issue is that the security guards are just there sometimes to check the doors and anyone can come in, which is scary and I don't feel safe with them.

LeAndrea

Goodwin is a wonderful college. They are great at welcoming new people. There always something going on at the campus. They are great with getting student involve with the campus activities. There is alot of help to student, if they need it. There always a way to meet new people at goodwin college.

Asia

Goodwin College is a private school that offers programs that are not limited to the Nursing program. Goodwin mission is to educate students do a diverse population. This institution has core abilities which are passed along to their students such as a proficiency in their chosen field of study, effective communication, analytical skills, skills that are necessary to engage in life long learning and civil responsibility. Goodwin, being a passionate College has core values that are derived from purpose, academic excellence, student success, service to community, integrity, opportunity, and navigators. These values define Goodwin and how they resonate and appeal to students and employees in the greater Goodwin area. Academically, Goodwin College has the potential to prepare me as a nurse in the future. Goodwin's associates program is designed to allow students to obtain their associates in Nursing after about 20 months if attended part-time. After obtaining the associates in Nursing, the student takes the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) to become a licensed nurse. Goodwin also offers the RN-to-BSN which would allow students to further their nursing careers by obtaining a bachelors of Science in Nursing. The RN-to-BSN program from start to finish takes about 16 months as a part-time student. Goodwin also offers the option to go a step further in advancing a students career by offering the Master's degree program in Nursing. This program take about 20 months going part-time. Goodwin is a school that is accredited by the New England Association of schools and colleges (NEASC) through the Commissions of Institutions of Higher Education.

Sierra

I love it, its better here! Everyone here at Goodwin College is extremely helpful, friendly, and always down to help. The facility is very clean, organized, and well kept. Overall a great school full of great student, faculty, and opportunities!

Jeresha

Goodwin is an excellent college. Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Advisors care about your future career and help you choose the best coursework. Professors are easily accessible and willing to help and answer questions. The campus is extremely safe. Being apart of Goodwin College is having an extended family.

Goodwin is a great school. It is very easy to reach any school professor, advisor, or blackboard tech. They are extremely helpful. I feel very safe, even walking to my car after a night class. It’s a clean and beautiful campus, with a great view of the river below!

Betty

I love it, its welcoming and they provided every support for me, who was returning to school after 35 years. The admission staff was very in tentative, no stress selling, the campus is beautiful, easy to navigate, not to large, not to small, very inviting.

Meghan

Good academic college. My professors so far have really been great, always available and willing to help you succeed. Super expensive cost wise!! Not much wiggle room for payment plans, and financial aid office is hard to get in touch with unless you are directly on the campus. Sucks for people who can't get loans or who don't qualify for subsidized funding and Pell grants.

Goodwin College has a very clean and safe campus. The professors I have encountered seem to be available almost any time of day, whether it's through e-mail, call, text, or office hours. In my opinion, the college is a little higher priced than it should be, but overall it's a definite recommendation for someone who has a full time job, kids, or just a busy schedule in general.

Denisse

I love it there. The professors are great and the campus is beautiful. It is a little pricy but worth it! I have been there for a year and I have had an excellent experience. I have always had the staff get back to me when I needed something and I always get the help I need. I will continue to pursue my education here for sure!

Caitlyn

I love it here, I was supposed to go to another school but they got unaccredited so I got tranferred here. Honestly its such a low key campus I didn't wasnt to go here at first but now that Im here I got a job on campus because I love it so much!! Very friendly and 100% on your side to help you succeed with flying colors.

Alexa

I would strongly advise students to consider getting a degree elsewhere. This college will accept everyone into their school but they have very limited spaces in programs which causes you to spend more money trying to raise "low" grades in order to be accepted into a program. I tried 3 times for their nursing program and didn't get accepted, yet my lowest grade was a B-. Finally transferred out. Impossible to develop a relationship with any advisers because they all seem to quit after a semester or two. In addition, always having a new adviser makes it difficult to get adequate guidance and I was steered in the wrong direction more than once. I ended up leaving because I was convinced they do whatever they can to get money from students. This is a very expensive school and you DO NOT get what you pay for. Professors are MIA outside of class time and if you're in an online class- forget it. You will be waiting for at least week for an email response. This school is not run properly. It is unlike any other college I have attended myself or any relatives and friends have attended. STRONGLY suggest going elsewhere. DO NOT waste your time and money. This school is honestly a glorified community college.

Tina

Coming from a frontline healthcare worker who has their own medical needs to worry about , this school is straight up awful. All they care about is a paycheck. I might now die from corona virus and this school has stolen thousands of dollars from me. I even did a medical withdraw Early on and they still stole my money from me when I was very sick to the point of passing out. They took out three loans I asked my loan servicer. They will lie and stop answering you for weeks , the teachers advisors will stop answering as well, the school is expensive for no reason as well when these people just want your money, coming from a hard working healthcare worker I will be taking my education and business elsewhere . Will not spend another dime on people who do not care on my wellbeing and steal my money when I risked my life and now my own life is ask risk and they didn’t have a heart - goodwin when I didn’t have health insurance weeks ago. I would run very far away. Don’t be foolish. There are much better programs trust me, even community college is way cheaper then this school they don’t even teach here, if you want to pay a ton of money to teach yourself and then not get answered by staff this is what you will get.