Gordon College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Gordon College

Eva

I adore Gordon College! It is a wonderfully safe environment, in the physical and mental sense. The class size is conducive to open discussion among students and professors. The professors have regular office hours but are also responsive to email most any time of day. There is a strong sense of community among students that fosters strong and lasting relationships.

Abigail

I love Gordon. It is a wonderful, high quality school. You are getting the good and challenging education you pay for. The professors are so kind and more than willing to help you. It is a small school so you will see the same people a lot, which can be awkward at times, but they are good people for the most part.

Jenny

If you're interested in being surrounded by close-minded, uber-conservative, "God's-way-or-the-highway" type people, then congratulations! Gordon College is the perfect place for you. Not the place to go if you're looking to have a good, or even decent time.

Erica

I really love it here. It is a very beautiful and save campus with many academic and other activities. The classes are a good size and appropriately challenging. I really feel at home here. The location is not too close to a city but not too far away from anything either. We have easy access to stores and activities outside campus. Faith is also integrated into life and learning here very well.

I really like being here. There are many who don't enjoy it and many who do, which I think it going to be the case for most colleges. If you like smaller, liberal arts schools with a bit of a religious emphasis, this one is for you. Ultimately, I'd say come visit and see for yourself.

Madison

I think Gordon promotes an environment that encourages community and stimulates growth academically and spiritually. I am provided with experiences and opportunities in regards to my specific major, outdoor education, and global education. I could not picture myself anywhere else!

Rebekah

It is a very nice small Christian school and everyone is accepting of others. Everyone is involved with a lot of activities and there are lots of opportunities to work one or more jobs on campus. The academics are good, the food is not, but it's supposed to be getting better. There is always lots of worship and spiritual gatherings.

Jaime

I love it here. The community is great and the people are awesome. The only complaint I have is with the amount of money we have to pay only to be charged a ridiculous amount to park in a far parking lot and walk with all of our things when we need to go places.

Naomi

Gordon College is a safe campus. It has excellent academic opportunities. The college also offers many hidden opportunities. They are hidden because student must work to find them or seek out aid of some sort. Sports are really a big thing, but at the same time we love to support our basketball and soccer teams mostly. Overall, it is a great college because of its safe environment and love for God. Everything we do revolves around God, and I think that's what makes Gordon a special place.

Katherine

Gordon is extremely friendly, and while it doesn't offer as much as a bigger university might, Gordon is always willing to work with you to provide new activities and services to it's students. The professors here are so good to their students - from inviting students over for dinner, to meeting with you for a meal and to discuss concepts in class, or just to sit and pray with you, our professors are very accessible to students.

Samuel

Gordon is a good school if you don't mind being mad at the administration all of the time. The academics are amazing -- not only do the professors deeply care about their subjects, but also their students. They really work hard to make sure that every student is able to do the best they possibly can, going above and beyond their responsibilities. The people are Gordon are mixed – lots of good people as well as racist, sexist, and homophobic people. Unfortunately, one of the worst parts of Gordon is the administration – they have not been doing a good job as of late making decisions that benefit the students. They have a five-year plan that includes getting more students into the college – which is great. Unfortunately, they seem to be doing it by only worrying about prospective students of the college, rather than those who already go to this school and pay lots of money to do it. The president has made a lot of unilateral decisions that aren’t in the best interest of everyone at the college. All that being said, I recommend Gordon. They offer great financial aid – way better than any other college I looked at. The staff deeply cares about helping as much as they can – I have nothing but good to say about the office of advising. That along with the professors makes Gordon a great college, and I think it is more than worth it for anyone to look at it who wants to go to a caring school.

Gianna

This is a great school and they take the time to invest in each student.

Electa

The Gordon College campus is intentional. Gordon is a great place to go if you desire to seek out friends, passion, and learning with intentionality, because that intentionality will be reciprocated 100% from professors, Residence Life staff, and students. Gordon is a campus where students can participate in direct change on campus. It is on the forefront of the debate about the LGBTQ+ community and their rights within an evangelical college setting. There is tension, but there is also discussion and movement forward. Not only is Gordon active in the lives of the students and the community around, it is fun! There are always ways to get off campus on the weekends and you can always find something to do/someone to hang out with. The professors (specifically in Biblical Studies and Christian Ministries) are personable and approachable. They are always willing to help and help challenge and engage the students spiritually and academically. Also La Vida is great! It is an amazing program with lots of opportunities for people to get outdoors and make lasting friends. All in all, Gordon is a college that cares, and while it’s expensive, it is worth it if God has called you there. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding”

Jermane

Gordon College is a fine school. The academics are top notch and the faculty is incredible. They are easily accessible and, from my experience, genuinely care about each and every one of their students. (They want us to pass, I promise!) The dorms are reasonable, depending on how much you are willing to pay. The least expensive dorms are the oldest, and, in my opinion, they are okay. They are dated, but they are clean and livable. The newest dorms are the most costly, but they are gorgeous. The food is getting better. They are clearly trying to be healthier and more appealing to people of all appetites and preferences. The athletic center is wonderful. It’s got plenty of variety. The campus is beautiful and Physical Plant has recently made many improvements, both inside buildings and outside in nature. There are no lies about the beauty of Massachusetts in the fall. It is incredible! The students are students. Everyone is different, obviously, and we are becoming more and more diverse every year… and with a larger student population! “That’s so Gordon” is a popular phrase (though it might just be among my friends). The students and faculty are very kind and genuine, and it shows in their actions. Some things are just… so Gordon! The atmosphere is great and there is a variety of activities and clubs to participate in. Oh yeah and one more thing... we love Jesus!!!

Brynn

I love Gordon. It is a very good idea to read through the life and conduct statement before committing though so that you know what kind of environment you are entering. The professors are accessible for the most part and are usually very willing to work with you if you are struggling, especially if you are willing to put the work in. There are also some amazing and diverse extracurricular activities.

Kegan

When I first applied and was accepted to this institution, I had my doubts about both the vitality of the culture and the rigor of the academics. I was convinced it was the right college for me due to several other reasons, but I was concerned that I would not be able to have the amazing college experience I had always heard others talking about. Within the first few weeks, those concerns dissipated and were forgotten. I have been thoroughly impressed with Gordon College, albeit for only one semester thus far. The academics have been far more challenging and fulfilling than I expected and I have fully enjoyed the opportunity to grow as a scholar. Furthermore, my experiences within the other aspects of college life have been equally fulfilling. Between intramural sports and studying for tests, I have greatly appreciated the chance to connect with my peers and find groups which share my interests. Overall, I would highly recommend Gordon College to anyone who wishes to take part in a school who's culture and focus on scholarship far exceed it's size and wish to grow both morally and intellectually.

Alyssa

Gordon is just small enough that every time you walk around campus there are people you recognize, but no so small that everyone knows each other and their business. Living in a community style dorm has been fantastic, there are so many floor events that, if you participate, you get really close with the people on your floor. There are also events almost every weekend you can go to as a study break. Arts and music are huge here. The academics are also great, they’re challenging, and there are study abroad opportunities for every major. All of the professors have years of experience in their field and genuinely want you to do well in your classes.

Fernando

Gordon College is the best College. They offer many opportunities for student growth. The professors are available to talk and further discuss material. The professors challenge and stretch your understanding. The class size allows student and professor to engage in Socratic discussion allowing everyone to expand and grow in knowledge and understanding of content. The college campus is open to visitors. The admissions department is accommodating to questions, prospective students and admissions counselors provide you with their contact information for any further inquiry. Athletics is challenging and aware that their is no off season for team athletes as well as students that are physically competitive with themselves. The music department is not limiting to students of music majors, but allows all other majors to participate in groups, competitions, and simply practice in their music rooms. Generally, Gordon College is a great college for students to engage in their college career.

Kaitlyn

At Gordon, faith can be incorporated into every aspect of life- dorms, classes, friendships, and more. All faculty and staff are so genuinely caring and are experts in their field. Everyone is accepted and the atmosphere is very open and kind. Although we're going through budget cuts, our arts and theater departments are strong as well as our student life and clubs. We are challenged in our personal faith and education.

rachel

Gordon College is a great college for students who want a community of diverse students with a desire for learning. Gordon has passionate professors who go out of their way to help their students. They are always willing to go the extra mile to ensure their students understand what is being taught. They small class size aids this aspect of Gordon. Gordon also has a strong community feel. Since there are only 2,000 students, you are able to know students from every major and discipline. I would recommend Gordon College for students who want a college that will stretch them mentally, spiritually and socially.

Jesse

Gordon College is a place of rigorous academic pursuit with a vast variety of diverse student activities offered and programs to advance career goals and professional skills. Gordon's campus is extremely safe, and there are many opportunities to be involved and work on campus.

Jaime

I love Gordon. The community here is great and unlikely to be found anywhere else. Gordon has a strong commitment to raising up leaders with Christian character and strong ethics. The most valuable part of Gordon for me is the integration of faith and learning that brings every aspect of life together and provokes thought on big issues and how they should be handled based on a Christian worldview.

Sara

The first few months at Gordon college were rocky but with time I learned to accept the place for what it is. I did not like a lot of the people that I had come into contact with. I managed to make a small group of friends but I had a lot of them leave at the end of the first semester because of how expensive the school is. Which is understandable. The majority of the teachers are amazing and very kind and loving people. They actually want me to grow here and they are willing to stay with me after their office hours to explain to me things that I don’t understand. The food at times is good but it is typically the same items everyday. Unless it is a major holiday, or we have tours going on. Those are the only times that we get different food. The campus community is really close. You just have to find people you are able to connect with. A lot of people have toxic energies (but I feel as though that is in every college), so it became a full-time job removing the negativity from my circle of friends. It is weird how some people put on fake masks even at a Christian school (where I expected the people to be more open and kinder). That has not been at the people that I have meet at school. I am very thankful for the staff. Without their kindness I would not want to stay at the school anymore. Gordon is what you make of it when you first get here but it is also how you are treated that makes a difference in how you view the school. We are one of the top Christian colleges which is good because I know that I am getting a great education.

I absolutely love it here. My experience at Gordon so far has been wonderful, from the understanding Professors, to the great Resident Directors, and friends that I have gained since coming here. Another aspect of Gordon College which I love is the wide range of clubs, and the amount of events that go on around campus from movie nights to bingo, winter ball, and gordon globes.

amya

There are strict rules but many ignore them. They are frequently abused within the apartments, and the way the policies are set up, it is difficult for anyone to say anything about what is happening. If at least one party from a dorm room/apartment suite offends, then the whole dorm/apartment will be penalized. I understand the need for these rules; however, if a student in your apartment is preventing you (and them) from having a full academic and social life because of their harmful lifestyles, how can they do anything about it?

Mateus

Extremely serious liberal arts college. A college with a purpose, they seem to care a lot not just about the academics aspect, but of each student individually. A God centered community offering spiritual growth. As an applicant I have been treated as one of them already. It feels like the place I want to be for at least the next 4 years!

Alli

I personally find it an enjoyable place to go to school. Everything here makes college sound like a dream, honestly. There's tons of clubs, sports, and even a gospel choir (which sounds pretty good, not gonna lie). The campus consists of newer brick buildings, which adds to the "old school" aesthetic. The food is good too, most of what we eat is locally grown or farmed. There's also a police station on campus, who can attend emergencies way faster than calling 9-1-1.

Aceline

Gordon College is a wonderful school that prides itself on its welcoming atmosphere. The small campus allows its students to become close and rely on on another. Not only that, but the faculty is helpful and willing to work with students on whatever problems they have. One such example is Gordon’s College and Career Connections Center. The Center gives students access internships and job interviews to help students gain experience in their fields and find employment after college. This Center is extremely helpful, and with the campus’s atmosphere, every student can not help but feel supported.

Alexia

Generally Gordon is a good school for the liberal arts student without the usual college party culture if your focus for college is to develop your academic and intellectual abilities and your Christian faith. It is a non-denominational college so it is a safe place to do either regarding of where you are in your path with God. I know I have developed the most as a person and as an artist so far whilst attending this school as I am surrounded by kind, caring professors and a friendly community.