You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goshen College

Camille

What I have gotten out of my college experience is knowledge of multitudes of subjects and knowledge of the field I am going after. I have managed to have hands on experience with what I am trying to accomplish; Health Information Technology. Without college, I feel as if I wouldn't have known different aspects of the subjects being lectured to me. When I am in classes, I feel as if I have the experience and comfortability of talking with my teacher to get a better understanding of what is expected and the importance of the learning strategy. The reason why it has been valuable to attend is because i receive a learning experience that I have never received before. The college I attend has the exact program that I am striving for and touches all the basis of the field required. What also makes it valuable is that you can basically make your own schedule to make it more flexible for your convenience.

Allie

In the few months that I've been a college student, I have become a completely new person. I have this new-found confidence that allows me to be a leader for the first time in my life. I have the ability to say, yes, I can accomplish this. And above all, I know that I want to do something with my life. It doesn't matter what happened in your past, in high school or otherwise. Once you're on your own, it's all about you. The decisions you make are your own and you can't blame them on anyone else. The money you put into school is yours. If you decide to fail a class, that's money from your pocket. Having the responsibilty of being an actual adult completely changed me. And I love it.

Haley

It's taken nearly five years and three schools to teach me the value of an education. After a couple of poorly researched loans, six years in the customer service industry, and trying to find work in our current economy, education has never seemed more valuable and necessary. My college experience has taught me so much about who I am as a person, and how important it is to listen to yourself and how horribly awful it is to be a full time waitress. I'm excited to see what the future holds, because I know it'll be more than $7.25 an hour.

My classmates are unique, slightly hippie-like, ambitious, and intelligent.

My classmates are unique, slightly hippie-like, ambitious, and intelligent.

My world view has expanded. I've gotten a large variety of classes because of the liberal arts piece, which I've greatly appreciated. I've gotten many opportunities for refinement and leadership because it is a small school. But most of all, I've gained relationships with professors.

Someone who is not interested in a liberal arts education

Carrie

The students at Goshen College are religious, hippy, mennonite, envirtomentally forcused and outwardly friendly.

During my college experience, I have learned the value of musical education. I have studied as a music performance major with an emphasis in vocal performance. If I had not studied music thorughout my college career, I would not have learned to become disciplined, as many musicians have to be. This dicipline has helped me perform well in my non-music courses and I feel it wil help me in the future with my career.

The best thing about Goshen College is the friendliness of the students and teachers. Everyone is very accepting of others, aside from sexual orientation, gender, or race. The classes are also very small, so you get alot of one of one learning from the teachers. All the teachers know there students by name.

SHERRI

MY VALUES ARE HIGH, I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, THEREFORE GOING BACK TO COLLEGE TO SUPPORT MY CHILDREN MEANS EVERYTHING TO ME. MY COLLEGE EXPERIENCE SO FAR IS GREAT. IT IS UPLIFTING MY SELF-ESTEEM AND MOTIVATING ME TO BE MYSELF AGAIN. I THINK THAT IS A STRONG WORD "MYSELF". THIS MEANS THE WORLD TO ME TO BE ABLE TO HAVE STABILITY IN MY LIFE AGAIN. MY PLANS IN THE MEDICAL FIELD WILL HELP ME AND OTHERS AND I KNOW THAT THE MEDICAL FIELD WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR ME ESPECIALLY IN THIS ECONOMIC WORLD. EVERYONE AT THE COLLEGE IS VERY ENCOURAGING AND THAT MEANS ALOT TOO, IT HELPS YOU NOT TO GET DOWN OR THINK YOU CAN'T DO THIS. IT ACTUALLY MAKES YOU REALIZE HOW BAD YOU REALLY WANT THIS. AS I SAID MY VALUES ARE HIGH ALOT HIGHER I AM SURE THAN OTHERS. I WANT TO BE INDEPENDENT AGAIN AND AMERICAN INTERCONTINENTAL UNIVERSITY HAS GIVEN ME THAT OPPORTUNITY AND I WOULD'NT TAKE ANYTHING FOR IT. GIVEN THIS SCHOLARSHIP WOULD MEAN SO MUCH TO ME AND MY FAMILY. I COULDN'T EVEN EXPRESS THE APPRECIATION. I AM ON MY WAY TO THE TOP.

BEING ABLE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL FROM THE COMFORT OF MY HOME. I HAVE A TEN YEAR OLD AND A 25 YEAR OLD AND IT IS VERY HARD TO BE A SINGLE MOTHER AND BE A MOM AND DAD ALL AT THE SAME TIME. I AM TIRED OF STRUGGLING AND WANT TO BETTER MYSELF FOR MY CHILDREN. AIU HAS NOW GIVEN ME THAT OPPORTUNITY AND ALL I CAN SAY IS I WILL GIVE 100% TO THIS. I WANT TO SUCCEED AND SET BETTER GOALS FOR MYSELF. I KNOW THE MEDICAL FIELD WILL ALWAYS BE AROUND.

I TELL THEM THAT MY ADMISSIONS ADVISOR IS MY ONE STOP SHOP. HE KNOWS EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING HE DOESN'T HE PUTS YOU DIRECTLY WHERE YOU CAN GET THE HELP OR ANSWERS YOU NEED TO KNOW RIGHT AWAY. I FEEL THAT HE HAD GUIDED ME THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS OF GETTING STARTED. MY CLASSES OPEN ON OCTOBER THE 4TH AND I CAN'T WAIT. I FEEL I HAVE MADE A GREAT CHOICE IN SCHOOLS. I HAVE GOTTEN EVERY ANSWER AND THEN SOME. THATS WHAT I TELL PEOPLE.

Jacob

Open minded students coming together to socialize while learning.

Open minded students coming together to socialize while learning.

Over the last two months I've spent at Goshen College I have academically matured at an incredible rate. College has really challenged me to control my random urges and manage my time. It's strange looking back at high school study habits and comparing them to the way I now study. In high school I would spend every free study minute enjoying myself, casually bumming my way through my day. I now operate my studies on a full time work schedule, clocking in at eight and finishing up at four. Approaching my studies as if it were my job really helped me buckle down and clinch onto my priorities. I'm afraid that if I had not moved on to college studies I would be living my life in a high school attitude. College has galvanized my purpose and excited me for the future.

The Goshen student body sums up to about 1000 total kids. At times this is pretty frustrating. Knowing almost everyone gets old pretty quick if you don't feel like you're connecting well. The city is also a issue. Small town cops are awfully fussy over the littlest things and it's easy to rack up fees from both the college and police.

Goshen college is a private Mennonite school that takes there religious and moral beliefs seriously. There are chapels on campus that students are required to attend keeping in balance with our religious beliefs. It is a small school where the professors know the students by name and care about the student?s success. Goshen provides a study abroad program called student service term it is like missionary work overseas, while at the same time practicing your major and experiencing the culture. Finally the music hall at Goshen has nicer acoustics than Carnie Hall considering I play violin.

Young Adults in the twenty-first century are constantly comparing themselves to others and competing with each other to see who is the most powerful and popular of them all, how they come to these conclusions comes from the media, that everyone is exposed to on a daily bases. The advice that would have made my high school senior experience more enjoyable would be Self-confidents. Being a High School senior, a self-identity has been all ready established because of the phases and peer pressure teens go through trying to figure out the difference between right or wrong. Knowing yourself is important when establishing relationships with others because there is always somebody else that is going to try to bring you down, while others look up to you as inspirational. Setting goals and having priorities is fundamental when trying to know where your time would be most wisely spent. Knowing what you want to be in life and how to accomplish it will set you up for the rest of your life. Meanwhile having a social life where you can have fun with people that accept you for who you are and who you except for who they are.

The best thing about Goshen College would have to be the community environment. Everyone on campus has a friendly face and has something nice to say. Along with Goshen?s student service term we become a close nit family where we can experience new things together and get to talk about the past. Professor?s cares about the student?s success as well as guiding us so we do not get too far off our path. Especially being a Mennonite based school they can direct us in the way that is right for us not being selfish or judgmental.

Alita

Goshen is best known for their incredible music and nursing departments. The music facility at Goshen College is one of the best for small, liberal arts schools. The nursing program, located conveniently across the street from a hospital is also excellent and has had almost 60 years of experience. While Goshen is known for these two programs, our school also has friendly professors, a diverse community and an excellent liberal arts program. One also can't forget our Men's soccer team.

If I were to go back in time and be able to give myself advice about college, these are some of the things I'd say. First, I'd remind myself that college is a huge change in life. You change friends, where you live, your schedule, sleep and eating patterns, and study patterns. Since it's such a big change, I'd remind myself that big changes take time to adjust to. Realizing that transitioning into college life is a long process that takes a lot of time, and energy, support is essential. I would tell myself to stay connnected to friends and family at home that can help me transition, while trying to find at least one confident to help ease the transition once arriving at school. I would also want to remind myself that patience and CONSCIOUSLY trying to involve myself and try new things are crucial for making friends and the transition more smooth. Finally, I would remind myself to have fun, take care of myself by trying to get good sleep, eat healthily, and exercise.

If you're not willing to think outside of the box, Goshen isn't the school for you. If you don't like small, private Christian schools, Goshen isn't for you. If you don't want a liberal arts school, Goshen probably isn't a good option. If you're not ready to experience a lot of new and challenging things, Goshen wouldn't be a good fit.

My classmates are: liberal, conservative, outgoing, Mennonite, Christian, studieous, lazy, partiers and compassionate.

I would make sure that I knew how to study well before exams and that I would focus more in calculus and get college credits for it in high school then having to take it in college.

I wish I knew that some people act very different in the classroom then they do outside even more so in college then in high school.

Goshen College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.