You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Goshen College

Christopher

If I could go back in time and select a school again, I would seriously consider more schools. I only visited and really looked at two schools. This limited my options, and I did not really seriously think about going to the other schools I looked at. My advice for any high school senior and his or her family is to make a large list of schools, find five or six that really look interesting, and then go visit those schools. When you visit a potential school, think about what matters most to you about a school. If you are concerned about academics, meet with professors and advisors. Ask students about what classes and the academics are like. If the social life if your top priority, talk to students about what activities happen on campus, and stay on campus for a weekend if possible. Above all, just ask a lot of questions. The more you find out about each school, the better prepared you will be to make sure that the final school you pick fits your needs.

Our school likes to pride itself in preparing students for th real world. However, students are not allowed to live off-campus unless they are 23, have a very high number of credits, married, or living with family. Living on your own and paying your own rent is a very applicable experience that everyone will have after school, so why not let student prepare for it while still in school?

I tell people about our study-service term. It is a one semester study abroad program that all students are required to participate in. Groups go to places such as Peru, China, Germany, Tanzania, and other countries. While in these countries, students study language and culture, and participate in a voluntary service setting. It is an amazing, eye-opening experience. And probably the best thing is that it costs the same amount as a semester on-campus.

Matthew

When choosing a college it is not only important to choose a place where you can grow academically, but you must also grow in spirit. A sense of community with in the college will give you a bigger picture in life. The teachers must know there subject, but can also be there as a friend to help guide and support. A good school is not all about the numbers and facts, but about the people that are within it.

i think that the best part about my school is the feel of community i get on campaus.

being a concervitaive i am in the minority and do not feel like my thoughts are voiced.

Ryan

Visit plenty of colleges, and be sure to understand that students will change their majors. Its just bound to happen, so be sure that all of your students academic interests are well served.

I wish I would have known that my course of study was so focused on one goal, clinical psyschology. While I find that area of psychology interesting I would have prefered business orginizational or neuro-pschology. Not having an opportunity for either was a big let down for such an expensive education.

To really fit in at this school someone needs to be liberal, open to "alternative lifesytles", and converned about the environment. While other views are mostly accepted, in practice other views are largely looked down upon.

Reuben

Stay up to speed on ALL class work. -reuben

Stay up to speed on ALL class work. -reuben

Everyone should attend this school especially if they like friends and just relaxing but being smart about it.

We are in the 90's for Forbes Magazine's college rating system and we are very earth minded.

My classmates are very out spoken on their beliefs and their morals. If you don't believe what they believe then you are looked down upon. I feel insignificant when I am around people who live on campus because they are not really friendly, and treat you as an "outsider".

My advice to students looking to find the right college is don't let price or distance get in your way. Parents let your kinds spread over the earth to be representatives of you and what you have taught them. Don't be shy and fearful in this great stage of development but belive that better things are yet to come.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the lack of finicial aid for students when they are the ones paying for college not their parents.

Brian

I think it is important for students to visit colleges and get a feel of the environment of the college so the student knows that he or she will be comfortable there. Most of the academic information can usually be seen in statistics about the school. Living on campus, I have discovered how important it is for the enviornment of the school to fit the personality of the students. I would be able to get just as good of an education at many other colleges for the same cost or even less, but I would probably not have had as good of a time because of how well the school fit my personality.

The college is small so everyone feels a part of the school. The academics are very good for the money. Goshen does what it can to be a part of the wider world, including haveing each student participate in a Study Service term for one semester in another country.

The strong sense of community that the students have. Goshen is also very big on being environmentaly friendly and working toward peace and social justice.

Abenet

you can get along with most of the student body.

you can get along with most of the student body.

It's a small campus which allows you to be able to concetrate on your academics and not get too ditrtacted, while also allowing you to have fun on and off campus.

I would say that, you should pick a school based on your academic needs. That means if you don't do well in large class because you tend to lose focus like me, than a big college is not for you even though, they have more to offer and more resources. You want to choose a school that best fits you academiclly and has some of the things you would be in to like, sports, drama, music, etc. Because in reality there is no one specific college for everyone, so take the time to find the right one for you!

Goshen College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.