Goshen College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Goshen College

Kiara

I feel content with my way of life at Goshen College. I didn't think I would be attending this college at first because it's so close to home. I was actually supposed to attend Valparaiso University, but due to some financial issues, Goshen College was able to welcome me in. My academic advisor makes me excited for my Major, and in general there is so many possibilities academically. I like knowing I am safe on campus and can join a lot of activities without fearing judgment.

Shianne

Ironically, it isn't really FULL of Mennonites. I'm not going to lie to you, there are definitely some, but not as you might be thinking, packed with them. The student body is well diverse, and with varying intellectual inputs in various areas. I tend to be the student that just goes with the ebb and flow of the whole atmosphere, as I found myself to fit into the span of things. As my first year is starting to progress into it's later stages, I notice that it's slowly starting to challenge me as I thought it would right off of the bat. Overall, if you like a diversity of cultures, opportunities, and people-- added in with a great learning environment with tons of caring professors, GC might be a good fit for you.

Yuliya

It is a diverse and respectful environment. There is a lot of inclusion and discovery of other cultures.

Angela

A safe place to express yourself in many different ways and be who you are unashamedly while pursuing your academic goals and aspirations. The staff is friendly, involved, and cares about your wellbeing. Everyone is genuinely happy that you’re there.

Deborah

As a nursing student, Goshen has an excellent nursing programs. Student are really nice, and teacher are always there for you. It is true that Goshen is a little expensive, but there a many different ways that the community help us so that our tuition will be affordable.

Classified

It's a good school. You will get a great education which will prepare you for graduate school or a real-world job, depending on what you are after. If you are religious and into that, you will enjoy the religious aspect of the school. I entered the school Christian (Mennonite) and left Atheist. Learning science and critical thinking led me to think for myself and find my own way of thinking. By the end, I decided for myself that my worldview was atheist and that I did not subscribe to any religious doctrine. I am currently very, very strongly against any religious doctrine or belief system. If you have any inkling in this direction (atheism), I suggest you avoid this school, as it will be a waste of time to spend your days with an institution that is blinded by religious doctrine. I think overall the institution is full of people (administration, faculty, staff) who will subscribe to religious ideology and follow it like blind sheep. I suggest you avoid this.

Robert

Its a very nice campus full of people and the surrounding area is great also. The people I met while on campus were very friendly and kind. They took me to the places I needed to go and the direction were easy to understand while informative. The community was nice also and welcoming

Jesi

Goshen College is an amazing place to be. I absolutely love the interaction I get with my professors, and the radiant joy that I experience on campus. It is an excellent choice! If you are a sucker for student interaction and office hours with your professors, this is a home for you!

Joel

A campus full of diverse students and staff. Very friendly colleagues and staff here to treat you nicely with respect and greet you everyday. There are things that could be changed or added, but there is that at any other campus I believe. All around, I do not regret deciding to stay in Goshen, Indiana and attend Goshen College to obtain my bachelor degree.