Omaha, NE
Grace University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grace University

Kevin

In Highschool, which was in the late 70s, I had no interest in college My advice would be not to wait untill your 48 years old to go to college. I am doing great at school and loving it. They say that the older people do better at college because they are there because they want to be, we have seen much of the real world and now realize that college really is needed to get ahead in life, and have a well fullfilled life. It is never too late to go to college. My life prior to college was spent drinking and using drugs," this got me nowhere". I found God while in prison for a drug charge, this changed my life profoundly. My first choice was our Metro Community college. I was enrolled and ready to start in 1 week when I was told my Federal Pell Grant was denied. Then I applied at Grace University, a Christian college. 2 weeks after my Pell grant was denied at Metro, I started school at Grace with an accepted Federal Pell Grant. God knew where He wanted me eventhough I wanted to do it a cheaper way, He didn't.

Sometimes it takes some of the professors what I consider to be too long to hand out our grades. Although it really doesn't take that long, I am just in a hurry and anxious to find out how I did.

A person who is not a Christian should probably not attend Grace because it is a Christian university, and we are required to attend chapel at school. Although we would not hold it against you if you were not a Christian. Everyone receives the same christian love from everyone here at Grace.

Mallory

My classmates are active in class discussions and seek to do their best in classes.

The goal of Grace is to develop servant leaders for the home, the church and the world through excellence in biblically-integrated education. Here students receive a life changing experience in a personal, discipling environment, all for the glory of God.

My advice would have been to work harder in school and take classes that would help me in my major.

Grace University is incredibly small, but incredibly awesome campus filled with really great professsors and really amazing people.

Grace is best known for its excellent education program, which trains students to teach kids in a less secular, more balanced with Christianity methodology. Also, the Intercultural Studies program is pretty incredible, training students to be able to reach out to communites across the world to do Social Justice work. Grace University also requires its students to do community service work of some sort, and get involved in Omaha, either through working in an after school program, working at a church, or simply helping around to maintain the campus.

If I could tell my Senior self something about college, I would tell her to keep up the good work, and to never get discouraged with high school, even though it has been a long, slow and confusing process to get through. Your life is going to change significantly in the next couple years, but that's ok, because God's got a plan for us, and so far, it's been an amazing ride. We're gonna have ups and downs, but it's all going to be for a reason, so whatever happens, hold on. I honestly don't think I would tell myself to do anything different, because I wouldn't want to change the person that I am today because of mistakes or decisons that I had made since Senior year.

Grace University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.