Graceland University-Lamoni Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Graceland University-Lamoni

Graceland University is a unique Liberal Arts School. We have a focus on stimulating academics and invigorating campus activities. Professors are easily accessible with regular office hours as well as email communication. We have a great small little community-- professors even will have students over for home-cooked dinner sometimes, especially for international and long-distance students. We don't have Greek life, but each hall in the residence buildings makes up a House that also incorporates students living off campus. The Houses are a great source of community and activity and we have campus-wide activities that revolve around House competitions throughout the year. For example, every year in the fall for Homecoming, the Halls pair up to perform a five-minute skit to a movie of their choosing in front of the current campus as well as visiting Alumni. It becomes a full production full of props, costumes, and choreography. Lamoni, Iowa is home to Graceland University. It has a few restaurant and shop options, but most students find creative activities to occupy their down time that isn't spent studying. There are also several organizations on campus dedicated to providing these opportunities, such as recreational sports. Our school has a summer term as well summer international studies opportunities. We are small with a student population under 1400, but we have great class sizes-- few over 30, and some as small as 7 students. Overall, Graceland has a thriving environment and excited students. There are familiar faces to be seen anywhere on campus.

Jordan

I love the atmosphere--it's like coming into a whole new world. Graceland has a pretty diverse population of students for being located in small town Iowa. It's known for being inclusive and I personally very much enjoy the liberal arts and humanities (as that's what I'm involved in).

SHAI

Very well rounded school. the teachers are some of the best i have encountered; they are very interested in your well being and are always there to help if needed. I would recommend this school to someone if they like small schools where everyone knows everyone.

Leila

In my opinion, Graceland University is a very decent, private college but offers much more than it looks like. Many alumni have achieved great success and made it far. Due to the fact that this is a small community, it is all about making close connections with the people during your college time. It is a great opportunity for making friends for life. It is a very sports oriented and active campus as well.

Alexandrya

Graceland is a wonderful school! It is situated in the small town of Lamoni, Iowa which can seem dauntingly small to those from larger cities. However, it is hard to feel bored when there is always something going on around campus and there is an incredible sense of community.

Laeci

My overall opinion of Graceland is good, I enjoy the atmosphere here on campus. I am a parent of two and people are so welcoming here! There are very few that tend to judge and at least people in my courses tend to be very friendly. The campus is filled with diversity, so many people from tons of different countries. Graceland professors are understanding and most work well with your personal life schedule. In conclusion, I would recommend Graceland to anybody looking for a college because it will be a great college experience.

Becca'Ann

Besides its not so stellar food choices, I find it to be a pretty great school with a great housing system similar to sororities and fraternities without the hazing. And the academics are great too. They have classes whose sizes range from 40 in the biggest general ed. class I've taken, to 4 in my upper division math class I'll be taking this fall.

Graceland gives everyone here such amazing opportunities. Everyone here feels so welcome from day one. However, it is in a fairly isolated town with a very small amount of people who live in it - including students, but a lot of people like the small-town feel because it is easier to transition into and once you're in, the relationships you make last a lifetime.

Kali

Graceland University is a very small close-nit community. Everyone is always so kind and helpful and they always care about you. Professors are always willing to help with any problems the student might have. Food options are very limited on campus and in the town. This is a great college and I highly recommend it!

Evy

I came to Graceland University as a transfer student from a community college. I had a few issues at the beginning, mostly just making sure all my credits transferred and I was in the right equivalent classes, but other than that it worked out pretty smoothly. The campus is on the smaller side but that's one of the reasons I decided to attend there. I am not just a random face in a huge auditorium, the teachers know my name and face and are willing to help me and want me to succeed. Lamoni is a smaller town so there is not as much to offer but the community is there to help and are involved with campus activities. I enjoy Graceland University, if you are looking for a smaller school that is surrounded with "The Power of Together" that still provides the education you need then Graceland is the place for you.

JUSTUS

Graceland University is an awesome campus. the teachers are very evolved and are always will to help. The Graceland University staff and students made the move and adjustment from Texas to Iowa very easy. I felt right at home, instantly. I'm so happy with choice I made to attend Graceland University.

evy

It is a well rounded school that over all could use improvements but I feel safe and I am learning what I need to, to get my degree. No matter where you go there are going to be issues, whether the WIFI is spotty or you are not always able to get ahold of your teachers. But, not every school is perfect and teachers are busy just like you. Graceland still overcomes those negatives with the positives such as the intermural games, consistent performances in the Shaw Center, and educational programs.

I think that Graceland is amazing. We don't have "Greek life" but we do have an all-inclusive hall system so that nobody is left out. We have a lot of athletes but even if you don't play a sport you can play an intramural sport. Another thing I absolutely love is the professors. They know your name and what you need and even if they aren't in their office, you can send them an email and they are always happy to help. I even had a professor try to get me to pursue writing because he thought that I had a natural talent for it even if it wasn't something that I had ever even considered pursuing.

Kamryn

Graceland University is a private four year university located in Lamoni Iowa. It is here that you will find great faculty that care about student success and low student to faculty ratios. Graceland has a unique housing system where everyone is placed on a hall where they will live with other people on that hall and compete in on campus activities together for homecoming, intramural sports, and other student activities put on by our student government.

Madelyn

Graceland University is a wonderful university that is full of people who care about the well-being of those around them. It is a school with a very close-knit community feel to it and that is something that you are not able to find at most universities. I have yet to meet a professor here who is not willing to go out of their way to make sure that their students succeed. Although Graceland is located in a very small town about an hour south of Des Moines, it is not hard to find something to do on campus or just around town. I love Graceland I have met some of the most important people in my life here. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Travon

Graceland if a great place for learning and the class sizing are reasonable. The football team is great every home game gets us pumped. The professors are extremely nice and they love helping you whenever you need it. They would even stay over their office hours to help you succeed.

Maria Luiza

I like it a lot. The community is very involved in general and it is a very diverse place. Graceland incentives its students to participate in extra activities such as intercultural events and school events in general. The professors are very helpful and involved with the school as a whole.

Vivian

Graceland University is a great college. The professors are very reliable, they care about your health and they always encourage you to reach your highest potential and are always willing to help. The people in Lamoni are so kind and generous, everybody knows everybody and they are all friendly. On top of everything, it's a beautiful small town and the scenery is phenomenal.