Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Lindsey

My college experience has been a huge mile-stone in my life. I have learned so many new skills to apply to the "real world". One skill in particular is independence, not just from my parents, but as a student. I do not have someone there constantly reminding me what I need to be doing or what is due; it is all up to me to get it done. I have also learned that it is crucial to go the extra mile or that A will never be obtained. In college, having priorities is the key. Of course it is important to have fun while you're in college, but school work should always come first. These skills will not only prepare me and get me through college, but also after college. These are very valuable skills to have and I feel college is the best way to gain them.

A person with goals and drive. If you have that, the rest is all downhill.

How helpful the faculty and staff are! If you know what you want to do, they will do everything in their power to get you there. If you have any questions, they will make sure they are answered and you are satisfied with the answer. The faculty and staff are what make this university a superior one.

If I had to chose one aspect of my college experience that I would deem most valuable it would have to be my very first class at Grand Canyon University. My first class was University Success, but they should have named it common sense made easy. This class took every problem that students encounter and provided a solution. I have been using the techniques explained in my everyday life to fight procrastination, manage my time and prioritize my life. The techniques seem so simple that we should all be able to implement them in our lives but we don't. Fighting procrastination is as simple as just doing it and planning ahead. Accomplish the small stuff now. Plan for the big things, break them down so that you don't feel overwhelmed and schedule each item starting with something you can do right now. Once I prioritized my life I created a basic schedule for tasks that I need to accomplish. Anything that I could finish in under 30 minutes I did right away and so on. After monitoring my time I realized how to squeeze in a few extra minutes for me!

The best thing about GCU is the ability to take class online and still have the personal attention offered to traditional students. My enrollment counselor has been with me every step of the way. He call twice a week to make sure that everything is going ok and to answer any questions that I might have. His phone calls really personalize the experience. I am a name with a face not just a number behind a computer screen.

The worst thing about the school is that I can't see anyone face to face. Sometimes there are situations that you would rather go and deal with personally and it is just not possible, being an online student. Sure I could hop on a plane and go to the campus, but that would be expensive. The phone calls do help break down this feeling though. My enrollment counselor does handle everything personally, so I know that if I have a problem/question all I have to do is ask and Andrew will take care of it.

Heather

My school is best known for its Christian background and its colleges of Nursing, Education, and Business.

The most important thing that I have gotten out of my college experience thus far is to be open minded. I have never been around so many different people with so many different ideas and opinions. It has taught me not to judge a person simply on appearances.

Grand Canyon is a small school with a very close knit community. There is always something to do on campus.

Melissa

Grand Canyon University is a private Christian school where noone is afraid to be themselves.

Eventhough I have only attended college for a few weeks up to this date, everything has been amazing. There really isnt words that can be used to describe how it was been and I can only imagine on how much better it will bet. This school has helped me not only build myself as a successful person but also have a spiritual reletionship with God.

There really isnt anything that is frustrating about the school. Everyone is extremely nice and is always updating students on events.

Kelly

Attending college has been valuable because it has given me a renewed sense of self and direction. It's exciting to be part of a group of people all working toward success. The atmosphere has inspired me to be a more positive person and I'm looking forward to giving back to my community and society with my newly acquired skills.

katie

I have gotten a lot out of my experience so far. I have only been at Grand Canyon for about a month but before that I went to a community college. No matter what college it may be it will take you to a different level of thinking and being educated. College makes you think beyond the present and past but makes you think into the future and what you can do to make it better. I have learned more about myself at college than anywhere else and I am truly grateful for that experience. Some of the professors that you will come in contact with will make a memorable difference in your college life and well beyond. College cost me tons of money but it will always be valuable to me because no matter what the cost, in the end Iwill get a better more fulfilling job, and a chance to be sucssesful.

Nothing, the couslers prepared me very well with all the information that I needed.

People who are serious about their education and want to learn. It is a Christian university but any one is allowed to attend

Willaim

Two years ago I was laid off from a job I carried for six years. I searched for two years for a job and kept getting turned down because I had no college education. I was very interested in computer security. I realized with my history with the marines, as a now veteran , that I wanted to explore ithe computer security field due to the interest I had while serving. I am a father of four girls all under the age of six. I wanted to show to them the importance of college. I also wanted to be the first person in my family to get a college education. My college experience has shown me the importance of dedication and work ethic. I have maintained an "A" average since starting. College is so valuable to attend, because its an investment to a promising future. Its something I will encourage my four girls to do. Its hard being the leader of a household, the only person in family available to work, and attending full time college schedule. However, I have realized the importance of the sacrifices I am making to better my future and be a good example to my family.

Jazmine

What I have gotten out of my college experience so far is that we have to be responsible adults in life in order to succeed. I f we are not on time to complete our homework assignments, arrive on time to our class, or simply not completing with the requirements, one suffers the consequences dearly. This, of course, affects us in our future, for instance, in our jobs and in paying our bills. We must be responsibile and make sure that we complete those deadlines. If we do not then we might even loose our homes, cars, and even our spot in the class. The reason why it has been valuable to attend college is because it is one step closer to my goal, which is to become a doctor. I want to help others in their time of need and make sure that their health is in great care. This is why I want to attend college, it is the reason why I get up every morning and tell myself that all my hard work and dedication will take me to a wonderful place.

Audrey

I recently started back to school and I am finishing up my three week orientation with the University of Phoenix. It has been a struggle to get back into school due to the loss of a family member. However, I am very passionate about furthering my education and find it a great comfort to know that I can complete my studies online. Not only is it convenient but it's an alternate way to learn! My first assignment for my orientation was to write a short biographical essay on my life. Including my goals for now and the future. It took about an hour to get everything I needed to start school. Only an hour and I have made a drastic change in my life. I look forward to learning more each day and growing professionally and emotionally with each assignment completed. It is hard to get started but once you do it makes the biggest difference. I am lucky to have this opportunity and can't wait to hear about others who've succeeded as well!

A degree is vital in the world today. Providing for you, much less a family, with only a high school diploma is almost impossible. College has given me the foundation of structure and the skills I need to become the best teacher I can be and help students with special needs be the best that they can be. In college you learn to manage your time because no one will do it for you. You learn to prioritize because Professors will not listen to your excuses. You learn management skills because if you do not you will sink and no one is there to reach down and pull you up. High school is a fun social party, college prepares you for real life.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.