Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University allows me to focus on my studies and course work in the comfort of my own home, keep my own schedule and maintain a high discipline level.

Senior self, Do not worry and stress about life. Everything will fall into place even though sometimes everything seems to be falling apart at times. While we have always had a dream to become an educator, we will not act upon this dream until we have God's command to do so. Marriage and family will come first, of course, and the minute (literally) that everything calms down, we shall start our education process. Oh, how our life has changed since high school and we will welcome more changes; I am sure, down the road. Making the transition between high school and college will come with many trials and obstacles but as of yet, college is worth every gray hair and stomach ulcer. One day, sooner than we might think, we will be teaching in our own classroom. Keep your eyes to the sky and "get somewhere" in our life. Always with God and His love, College Self

Before I enrolled with Grand Canyon University, I wish I would have known how much knowledge and expertise I would gain in such a short amout of time. Dedication and determination does pay off!

Cassandra

I would tell myself that finishing school for my boyfriend(who is now my ex-boyfriend) as fast as possible so I can go with him when he graduates boot camp, is not the right choice. That I need to take my tme with school and really focus on my classes so I don't lose my scholarships. I would also tell myself that if I get a teacher who doesn't speak english well, I need to switch out of their class instead of trying to push through it. It isn't worth messing with your scholarships, or education.

The worst thing about our school is that they hire teachers that can barely speak English. It made it very hard to complete tasks and get good grades on assignments when you couldn't understand what the teacher was asking for. This was a big part of why my GPA dropped a lot the second semester of my freshmen year.

Either how expensive it is, or the teachers not speaking english well like I stated above. Grand Canyon is a very expensive school. Even though they do give out scholarships, they refuse to work with you if you slip up in a couple classes. This is what has forced me to research other scholarships so I can pay for my education.

Debbie

The school is best known for it's campus, teachers, and the feel. The small campus makes things more accessible and you don't get lost.

Do not worry about what two girls say, you make your own choices. Put yourself into the Certified Nursing Assistant class. Take the test before going to California. Summer is fun, but save your money for textbooks- you will not be reimbursed until the end of October, but do not worry, all will work out. Be sure to keep God first-He will always be there to help. Do not get caught up in the drama of everyone else. A boy will break your heart, but go on, there is someone better for you just waiting. Make a shedule and keep to it, do not break the routine. Call your parents and grandparents. Choose the right and you will never be in trouble. Finally, GET YOUR PAPERWORK DONE EARLY! Then you won't be in the mess of scrambling for last minute money.

Grand Canyon University has excellent councelors who really know how to answer questions and do their best to help you in every way possible. I love being here! The teachers know who I am , I feel safe, and I know that I am gaining a qualiy education.

monica

Stick out and finish the homework. Do not let anything get in the way and learn to prioritize everything.

getting in touch with advisors at first.

Chiara

Grand Canyon is known for being a Christian University. They do not require you to have certain religious beliefs to attend the school, but Grand Canyon provides a Christian atmosphere.

I’ve only been out of high school for three years now, but I’ve learned a lot in a small amount of time. If I could go back and give myself a piece of advice, it would be to not let the negativity of what others say about me dictate who I am. I’ve found that it is easy to take what other people say to heart, even if what they are saying isn’t true. It’s important to know who I am as a person so I don’t falter at the least bit of criticism. Just because someone says I am incompetent it doesn’t mean that I am. I have to be self-confident enough to say, I know what I am capable of and I’m not going to let what this person says affect me. If I had this mentality when I started college it would have saved me a lot of tears and a lot disappointment.

I wish I had known that even though I was awarded certain scholarships there is a cap on the amount I am allowed to use.

When enrolling in college, all factors must meet in order for you to succeed; these factors vary from timing to capabilities to dedication; but when everything aligns, you will prosper. You will know when the timing is right. Once you know and are ready, jump in, work hard, pay attention, and learn as much as you can. Money will be tight and your schedule will seem impenetrable but your mind will be all in. Look for face-to-face contact because that will be the most useful in your life as a student and a professional. Humble yourself in order to absorb the wealth of information you will receive. Stick to the deadlines and work ahead; the security and satisfaction are priceless. Make friends and begin to network. Do not forfeit your chance at higher education. Finally, be the person you want your children to be, not what you think you deserve.

Brandi

Grand Canyon University is a blossoming, welcoming, and awesome school that anyone would love to attend.

If I could go back after a year of college under my belt and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to relax and enjoy high school. I would tell myself that once I entered my venture into adulthood and college life, everything got a lot harder. College isn't too hard to handle, but it is definitely a lot more to take on than high school. I would tell myself to stop judging my peers. It doesnt mater who wore what to school that day, or who is dating the captain of the football team. Don't lower yourself to the level of patronizing and judging your fellow schoolmates, because when you get to college, life is very different. Students respect eachother and respect the differences that exist between their peers. You can be yourself and you can love the differences that other people will bring into your life. If I could go back and talk to myself, I would say to myself, "Relax, be yourself, encourage others to be themselves, and enjoy the time that you have in highschool, because a whole new exciting world of college is coming in hard and fast."

Everyone at my school is so nice. I feel like I am in a different world when I and there. Everyone smiles at everyone, holds the door for everyone, says hi and includes everyone. When I leave campus I feel like I am entering into a more harsh and cruel world! I love it at GCU!

Laneic

Our nursing program and for being a Christian University

Our nursing program and for being a Christian University

I could tell myself to stay focused more and try not to get distracted by friends and actvities. In high school it's easier to manage your time because everything is pretty much scheaduled for you but in college where you have to manage time for yourself, it's easy to lose track of time. I'd also tell myself that i'm doing really good and doing things i'd never think i'd be doing and getting over challenges that back then i thought would be impossible. I tell myself to keep my goals in mind, stay focused, and stay awesome!!

People who are interested in a friendly enviroment but also don't want too much of the typical college party atmosphere

Carmelita

I would tell myself not wait so long before going to college. I have had very pleasant experiences and I have learned and grown so much. College is truly the best thing that I could have ever done. I would tell myself not to be afraid of change and to accept it as a part of me. Everything changes and with a good education it can only change for the best.

That is was going to be great and that I should have started a long time ago.

Hija Mae

Grand Canyon University is an amazing campus filled with passionate, kind hearted, and extremely helpful staff, faculty, and students; personally, I am glad that God led me to the discovery of this university.

Students, once you are admitted to a university and start new chapters of your lives, you should never forget about the place that you came from. The place that you were born and raised symbolizes many significant values and morals that were embedded in you from your society. First, you should never take anyone for granted especially the ones who have helped you succeed in life and support you with your future endeavors. You should always be grateful for people who are freely willing to assist you with your needs. In addition to being appreciative, you should never lose sight of the main reason why you are attending college; to further your education, earn a degree, and eventually have a career. Unfortunately, it is easy to get distracted in a world away from parents. With that said, you should not disappoint your parents; they only want what is best for you. Ultimately, you should make your parents proud and prove to them that they have raised you well and this can be illustrated through your actions. Overall, you should never settle for the least. In other words, dream big and be determined to make an enormous impact on the world.

The type of person that should attend Grand Canyon University is a student who loves to hear the word of God. For example, the campus offers chapel and gathering weekly. Basically, chapel and gathering allows students to come together to worship. Ultimately, when students focus on God and his ways, they are able to have better focus on their goals that truly matter instead of being distracted by negative influences. Those who wish to attend GCU are the types who are focused on their academics, athletics, and jobs. They believe that God has a plan and they trust in him.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.