Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Kelsey

I would tell myself to go with the place that speaks to your heart. the decision of where to go should not be decided because of what your parents want or where your friends go. when you choose the college you're going to go to it needs to be a place that makes you feel good on the inside as well as has all of the things you feel you need for your comfort. otherwise it is really unlikely that you will suceed. I would also tell myself to remember that while the social life is important the acedemic part is even more so and that it's okay to make your friends wait to hang out as long as you are making some acedemic progress.

It would have to be how much I feel like I am being challenged there. I'm the kind of person who needs to be acedemically challenged and I love that this school does just that without making me feel like I'm drowning. I also love how close the campus is, between the placment of the buildings and the closness of the individuals there. It's the perfect place for me.

Probably the fact that there is not enough parking in close enough vacinity to the buildings. but they are fixing that problem in the next couple years.

Candice

If I could go back to high school I would tell my self to apply for more scholarships, not spend so much money, and save as much as possible. I would tell myself to study more in college and to go straight to a four year University not to a junior college, because it wont be challanging enough and will seem like im still in high school. I would tell myself not to get overwhelmed with the size of the college I go to, that it might seem like you will never find your classes at first but after awhile you will know where everything is.

Mireya

If I could go back and tell myself about college and the experiences I will have, I would say stay in the school you chose first. I would have been graduating this year if I hadn't taken time off to see what I wanted to study. I would have been confused while I was there, but I would have had amazing experiences: I would wake up for class in my dorm and walk everywhere, I would eat whatever I wanted, I would not have to worry I was bothering anyone by staying up late, and I could have gone out with friends and not have to ask for permission to do anything. It probably would have been too much power for me at the time, but I would have learned from my mistakes instead of regreting not making mistakes to learn from. I am happy with how my life is now, but a college experience is hard to find. Leaving my family was hard at first, but I would have gotten used to seing them once a month in exchange for a better education and a better future.

Everything is great at my school. They have people to call if you have questions, financial advisors to help you with your FAFSA, and academic advisors to help you with planning your classes. I have nothing bad to say about my school.

If you don't like being at home and studying online, where you are able to study and have a flexible schedule, don't go here. Many people prefer to be around other people in their college experience. Online classes are not physical so you won't be able to see or talk vocally with your instructors. It is a different experience from traditional classes and it is not for everyone.

Grand Canyon University is diverse and learning friendly.

Grand Canyon University is diverse and learning friendly.

The online experience is interesting while still allowing communication between faculty and staff on campus. Learning to work with online students gives a new and interesting dimension to the learning experience.

Get involved in more community projects for rounding out your college application. Do not stress so much about what is happening right know because soon you will be moved out and only your future will matter. Dig in your studies and pay attention to extra information that would expand your learning. Just because you think people don't understand what you are going through, many times they do and they understand why you are the way you are. Don't worry about what you family sees you as just be yourself and keep doing what you believe in and all will be fine. Give college the second chance and don't put it off going back for so long, jump back in sooner. Smile and the world will smile with you.

Jeremiah

The University's bases itself off Christian values. The leadership within the communities are the most considerate, passionate people I've known for a while. There is a necessary Christian Worldview class that teaches students the morals that a Christian society uptakes and what it means to be Christian. Though it is a religion, taking its values up only means that it takes the best interests of man in mind. You don't even have to be Christian to be in the school. The Christian moral views are universal and full understanding of them is essential to anyone.

For me, education means a balancing of the soul. Heading into a Univeristy where I am taken off my training wheels is probably the best thing to happen to me. In oder to become successful in life and be happy, we got to learn how to fall off our bikes, pick it up and ride once more. My first semester at Grand Canyon University has been a challenging one and an experience I did not expect. I was thrown off guard which is what most people feel when first thrown into a different environment. Once we learn how to adapt is when we can take full fruitition of our studies and truly learn how to gain that life you want. Attending a University in itself has value in itself. It is a sign that you are dedicated to improving your very soul. It is a dedication to becoming a better person. There is nothing more precious in this world than the human soul and taking care of it is a great responsibility. Whether you take the soul to be spiritual or just a metaphor of yourself is fine. But my soul is the reason why I attend college

Grand Canyon University is different from other Universities. Given it is a private university, the exclusivity a student has in his/her learning environment is great. The classes are small (approx 20-25 students), the teachers are all very open to one-on one sessions, and the community is small enough so you can organize study groups very easily. That is probably the best thing about this school. You never feel like you are alone and always have someone to hold you up. It makes for a very relaxing setting with so many friendly people nearby.

LaRonda

A new learning experience that I am glad to be apart of .

A new learning experience that I am glad to be apart of .

Out of this experience I have become more responsible and make sure I use my time wisely. The professors and counselors are very encouraging and I feel like they have my best interest at heart. The counselors have even share experience about themselves being in and working at the university. This let me know that they have a good idea of what I am going through and experiencing.

I have not expect any thing different, because everything the website offer and the counselors told me about was awesome.

Brittony

They have a lot of student workers and a lot of events go on.

They have a lot of student workers and a lot of events go on.

So far I have learned some towards my degree and they have helped me learn how to live out side of home. I have meet a lot of new people and learned new things since coming to college.

How you never know what is going on and that everything is online.

Kelli

Christian students working together. You can get your degree online, but you have to be willing to work hard and be consciencious.

I am now a certified teacher in NY state. Each day is special and I am able to make a difference in the life of children. I am currently employed as a substitute for a number of different districts, but it is still much better than any of the other jobs I have ever had. I would not have been able to complete this if there were not excellent programs like Grand Canyon University offers online. I have a family, and have to work, and completing this online has allowed me to be more organized and focused not just in school, but in my life.

Doing group projects can be difficult due to the people who you are paired with. I liked being the project manager, as it gave me more control over my work. There is a lot of independent study when you work toward a degree online, but if you work hard, you can do it!

Laura

I think I have gained knowledge along with organization skills, life skills and lessons that have shpaed me adn the person I will be when i go into society.

I love Grand canyon they have great classes and helpful employees. It is convient and has great oncampus and online programs.

Sometimes profesors lack support and are unhelpful at time.s

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.