Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Rich

GCU was the only university I applied to that actually went out of their way to help a vet. In Massachusetts, there is a program that allows Vets to attend any state college or university for free a great program and one that I thought I could take avantage of. I tried every avenue to acheive this and was not only rejected at every turn but was informed that because I waited to long after discharge, even the VA could not help. GCU made things happen that I could not and helped me to get the degree I need.

If I could travel back in time to talk to myself as a senior, I armed with evidence to prove that there were a series of mistakes I was about to make that would effect my life for a very long time. The first of these being turning down the Navy's offer to pay for my college degree. In my time since high school, I have survived on my skills and knowledge gained from practical experience. This is great but it does not hold up without an undergraduate or graduate degree. I managed to make it to a junior VP position, untill the economy crashed. Now without the degree, I am last in line for new jobs in business. I was fortunate to have some investment properties to keep me going but, had I been a better student in my senior year and taken the offer of further education from the Navy coming out of High School, I would not be unemployed right now. I would stress to myself the importance of continuing my education and not looking at the here and now but the down the road as well.

That is an unfair question. Everyone should attend a college or university to further their education, in the current world enviroment not furthering it seriously limits their future endevours. That being said, there are students in high school today that are of the mind that everything they want in this world will be handed to them,simply for the asking. Others have made the choice that being in school is a waste of their time and effort. They are the type that need an education of a different type. Possibly a few years in the military will help them.

Kristina

Kristina, if you don't change your ways of being a student , college will be so hard for you. If you listen to your instuctors, do your class and homework with high standards for yourself, you will be so much of a better student in college than if you don't. High school is only training for going to college. Yes, it is hard, and yes it feels unrewarding for your future. By training yourself now, to take pride in your school work, college will be much easier for you later. In college you will have so much more freedoms to learn who you are as an individual. The life of a college student is much more involved in self discipline. You must discipline your self NOW, for your future.

The online schooling option is awesome. I am a working mother so I can choose when I do my school work, and from home too!!!

Too many people to talk to ...admissions counselor, finance counselor, and academic counselor. It would be easier if one person handled all of my college courses and finances.

Malisa

If I was able to go back in time and give some words of wisdom to myself. I would make sure that I understand how important it is to stay focused and to stay on task. Everyone doesn't have the opportunity to go further in their education. And I would give myself the advice of not looking at what my friends are doing, when determining my future. I have to decide for myself which road I need to take. How important education is to my future. I can't allow my circumstances to dictate my future. I would make sure that I not only give myself the necessary advice so that I could succeed but pass along the wisdom to my peers. I know some words fall on deaf ears, but they will at least have the opportunity to decide for themselves. No one holds the key to your future or success by you.

I really don't have any negative feed back about the school. As a student I hope to gain the knowledge necessary to complete the 4 yrs of training in psychology. I believe that the school has a lot to offer to anyone interested in pursuing their education. It just takes focus and determination in order to succeed here or at any school.

I wouldn't put an age limit on the person, thinking about attending. However, whoever decides to go needs to be determined and a self motivated person. The person needs to driven in order to complete the task and goals set before them. I believe someone with faith not only in themselves but in what God is able to do will go far. Christian faith is a strong foundation to getting started in the pursuit for futher education.

Brandon

My classmate where helpful to me when I ask for the help.

My classmate where helpful to me when I ask for the help.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school the advices I we give myself are; focus more on the goal of the college. I would remind myself to apply for more of the scholarship for that school. I would also ask about the different activities i could do to get me more qualified.

Some of the teachers didn't explain the assignment to my understanding. The teacher probably thought everyone way on the same level

Kathrine

GCU is a private, Christian affiliated university.

GCU is a private, Christian affiliated university.

When I was in my senior year, I was approved for several grants, but lived more than a hundred miles from the university I wanted to attend and was unsure about having the means to move so far away. Also, I got involved in a relationship that distracted me from my previous goals. If I were able to advise myself, way back in 1986, I would say, "Stay focused! Finishing high school with a 3.5 or higher is your absolute priority! Take advantage of those grants, attend community college and work until you have the money saved to go to University. Study the criteria and re-payment plans for student loans very carefully, and use all your resources to plan ahead for a four year education. Be diligent until that four years in your first choice for a major is complete! There is plenty of time and resources available to pursue a degree in your second choice. Don't let the choices overwhelm you."

That costs would go up for tuition within just a few months.

Jalisa

The teacher's and couselor's are real understanding about what you may be going thru at that present time. They do everything in there power to help you with your school work. considering I do my schoolwork online the teacher's and students make it so confortable almost like you are in the class room.

I would tell myself to work harder in school. I mean its good to have friends, but its not good to do drugs, and let your grades drop. I wouldn't go out and party so much and end up pregnant. Now its harder to do school work with children needing your attention. With my God's help also my husbands help it is possible to have time to myself just to complete my classwork

That there is not enough clubs for those you take classes online.

I would tell myself that I did a great job Senior year. I would say that I should not slack off because good grades pay off. I would say that college is not cheap and that any scholarship will help. I would say that I need to spend more time doing homework than talking on the phone or texting. I would say that I should not cram to study for an exam the night before. I would say that college will be fun but it takes hard work to get there. I would say that boys are a waste of time and to focus on my career. I would say that I should spend time looking through scholarships online and around the neighborhood to get money for college. Finally I would say that the first year of college will be the best because it is a sociable year to meet great people. I would also say not to worry about how I am going to get into college. Also that I will be attending Grand Canyon University.

If you do not like an all gender dorm this is not the school for you. Your boyfriend or girlfriend cannot stay the night in your room. They are also not allowed in your bedroom. They have to leave at 10 during the week and 12 on the weekend. You cannot drink or have alcoholic beverages in the dorms. You cannot smoke in the dorms. If you do not believe in religion or God this is not the place for you. Grand Canyon is a christian based college.

The fact that the sinks are in the bedroom instead of the bathroom. It is disgusting to have to leave the bathroom just to go wash your hands in the bedroom. Another thing is that any guy has to be out of the room by 10 during the week.

Mara

It would be such a wonderful opportunity to go back in time and give advice to myself. As an 18 year old college freshman with a very sheltered background, I was very unprepared for the new challenges I faced as a college student vs. a high school student. I was unaware of many of the financial responsibilities facing adults, including the costs associatied with higher education. I would definitely educate myself more thoroughly. I would also pass along the importance of concentration and note taking in class. My education is for my benefit alone! It is important to maximize my time in class and truly enjoy the process of learning. I would share with my younger self the simple joy of learning both for goals as well as pleasure. One lesson that only the process of growing older and maturing can teach us is the value of our time. I would be sure to share with my younger self the importance of using my time wisely, and not squandering it away foolishly. But more important than all of these life lessons would be to teach myself the value of appreciating the joy of simply living in the moment.

As I am a new student, I am most likely not qualified to answer this question. However, as I have attended other schools in the past, as well as having researched this University, I believe I can offer a genereal bit of advice to a new student. I wish I had not waited til the end of my AA to take the few classes I knew I would struggle with (science and math). I wish I had studied more in the classes I didn't like and thus just wanted to "get through". And always try your best!

I don't think that it is fair to discriminate or pass judgement regarding who is or is not qualified to attend any school for higher education. However, after researching my university of choice, I have learned that it seems to be a rather "rigorous" program. Often, new students are not expecting or prepared to devote the necessary time to earn high grades. As this school is well-known for its high academic standards, I would strongly encourage any prospective students to examine whether or not they are able and willing to spend the time to excel before they commit.

Sylvia

My classmates are various ages, various ethnicity. They come from all walks of life and live in many different cultures and communities. They are all nurses who are passionate about their profession. They are all willing to put the time and effort to better educate themselves to better the world of medicine. They are all driven to be successful . They are caring, compassionate nurses.

Providing high quality education whether it be on campus or online. They are involved in helping all of their students in being successful at attaining their education. They provide many tools for students to be able to progress successfully.

Look around you and observe what is going on not only in your world but in the world around you. Use all of your senses when assessing the world. Learn to know yourself and what you stand for and what you want to stand for. Set goals and develop a plan on how to attain those goals, but know that there may be many roadblocks along the way. Be prepared to work hard and accept dissappointment along with success. Treat all others as you would want to be treated. Give credit where credit is due. You can learn something from everyone you come in contact with, take what you learn and make the most of it. Be prepared to give it your all. You may be required to make many sacrifices to be able to meet the goals you have set but in the end they will be worth it.

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself not to change schools in the middle of my senior year. I would also tell myself to stay in college rather than dropping out the first time to take care of my siblings. I would also tell myself to focus more on school and less on partying that way my grades would have been higher the first time around.

The fact that it is so diverse. One of my teachers lives in Germany and the other across town from me.

The only thing that I find frustrating is the fact that I am an online student so I don't get as much interaction as I would in a regular class room.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.