Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Kate

I can't really describe them. I will be attending via online in the relative comfort of my own home. I suppose you could say they are a series of words, emoticons and binary digits.

My college experience so far has been at a Community College, but I enjoyed the mix of people. The different backgrounds, beliefs, and even accents has shown me once again what a wonderful country I live in. The process of learning new things through the classes is food and exercise for the brain. A person doesn't only have to go to college for training in a certain job field, one can go for the joy of learning at the same time. When I see that in other students faces it reinforces my joy of learning. I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything and wish I was in the position to enjoy the full experience of a 4-year college on campus. I still will be able to read the joy (and sorrow for some) while continuing my education online and that will be a good thing. Going in a new direction for a career is an exciting, and somewhat scary, thing to do while married with children.

I wish I would have done this earlier in my life, as in before marriage and kids. I think I am missing out in a great experience of living on campus and being "free" to do whatever along with my studies.

Kristy

I have learned how to communicate with others and this was very hard for me before starting college classes. I also consider myself smart, but feel that everyone can better themselves, and college is helping me move forward in my life toward a business career, which has always been a dream of mine.

Joseph

Grand Canyon Is a University that has a online class program and also a on campus programs, that both are for christain and non-christain to go to at that University.

First and for most, my experience at Grand Canyon Univ. has been a great learning time for me. It has helped me understand how to write papers and the wright way to do research on paper, how to get into good work habits. It has also showin me how to reach out and try to help others do there work if they need help in understanding what needs to be done. It has given me the chance to learn more and also show others what i have learned. To help others that may need my help with something that i have learned.

I wish that I would have known that some of the Non- Christians are very Non- Christian, also so non caring to help others out.

Laura

Right now I do not have any classmates as I will be starting online classes March 1st 2010.

Right now what I have gotten out of my college experience is that GCU has great advisors and I have had nothing but great help in getting started and I can not wait to start my classes on March 1st. Going back to school is really scary for me and they have made it easy so far with getting all set up.

The kind of person who should attend this school is anyone really looking for a great support group in getting started and wants to get their degree with ease.

Autumn

My classmates are very friendly and considerate people who, for the most part, live by the golden rule "treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Since Grand Canyon University is a Christian Based school so we are more free to discuss religious and spiritual conflicts. Also, I'm in the nursing program so religion tends to come into that field. It makes it easier to talk with patients without feeling the restriction of other public universities that stop people from feeling free to talk about anything without the worry of offending someone.

I would first tell myeslf to HAVE FUN. Don't take everything so serious as if it's the end of the world. I would say that no matter how great of a plan you might have life is going to send you on a few detours. You might not graduate in exactly four years, it might take five or more. Just go with the flow. Everyone says that high school is the best four years of your life, but really, college is. You might not stay as close to the friends you have in high school but you will meet your lifelong friends in college. Make sure to study hard, because college is not nearly as easy as high school. Also, figure out different study techniques until you find the one that gives you a great grade on the exam. So, moral of the story; study hard, have fun, take things as they come, and stay close to your new college friends. College is the best time of your life, make the most of it!

Andrea

I have bi-polar disorder. When I was in high school, I began experiencing my first symptoms. Back then, (I'm 41) nobody knew what Bi-olar disorder was. I was taken to this doctor and that. Often I was just percieved as a surly, disobediently who would rather sleep than be responsible. It was a hard tim in my life. College was even worse. I began to have psycotic breaks and hallucinations. The transition to living on campus with too much freedom was too much. I was never in class. I was asleep. I needed psyciatric treatment badly, but was overlooked. If I could go back and tell myself anything, I would say, "Go to a psychiatrist. Get help. You aren't lazy or stupid. you're sick and it can be fixed And don't worry, someday you'll be stable again. You'll have a more normal life. You'll be a writer and an artist. You'll be a good person and you'll be a success. "

It is ranked number 7 in the nation for online schools. I want to get my degree online without my diploma saying "Online".

It's fairly expensive. I need to stay away from loans. I'm hoping I get enough scolorships or I may have to settle for a lower ranked school and an "online degree".

Tina

Although my transition from high school to college wasn't that difficult, if I could go back into time and have a conversation with myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to take my high school classes a lot more seriously because college is a review of a lot of things that we should have learned in high school. I would tell myself to buckle down and study more and forget about the crtisisms of others because the value of an education is important. I would also tell myself that the key to my success in college starts with me believing in myself and striving to do my best in high school.

There is nothing that I see wrong with my school.

Although it is a Christian school it allows students of all religious backgrounds without trying to force them to believe a certain way or participate in certain things. It is a laid back professional enviroment.

All my classes are completed online, so I don't really "know" my classmates.

All my classes are completed online, so I don't really "know" my classmates.

The thing that makes my school unique is that I can get my bachelors degree online and still be able to work and raise my kids. The thing I like the most about it is that it is Christian focused, so I don't have to compromise my beliefs in order to get my degree.

DO IT EARLY! The hardest thing that I have found is that I waited a lot longer than I should have to get this done. Right out of high school, your level of responsibility is much lower. You have basic living necessities to account for, maybe rent an apartment with some friends, gas, insurance. Now, I have been out of school for 10 years. I am married, have 3 kids, a house, a full time job, 3 car payments, insurance, and fees for the kids and their schooling. It is pretty much impossible to go to a traditional college and get that degree that I have always wanted. Thankfully there are schools out there now that allow me to get that degree, but it is much much harder. So I would tell myself, don't wait! It is only going to get harder as time goes on. There will be more hurdles to jump over, and if you aren't dedicated enough, you will never get it done. Get the schooling out of your way so you can get on with making the most of your life!!

Linda

Grand Canyon University starts 4 credit classes this year. I'm not really sure what else they are known for. I do know they are a Christian college, and everyone seems to want to help the students suceed in their endeavors to get an education.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now, I would say the obstacles I faced were minor in comparison to what I I faced later. The benefits of having a college education at the beginning of my work career would have made a big difference in the decisions I have made. I would have been better prepared to make decisions. I wouldn?t be struggling to find a job. I have always had a job until now, but times are harder and jobs are scarce. If I had gotten my degree right out of high school, I would be the one making the decision to keep someone or let the go. My children?s lives have been affected by my lack of a degree. They would probably be more settled and secure if I had my degree because I would have had more confidence in my abilities. I realize after going to college for two years that I can succeed and make top grades. It?s never too late to get your degree, but life is a lot easier if you get it while you are younger. College gives you the confidence to succeed in life.

This is my first year for attending this university. I attended Tulsa Community College for my 1st two years. I am now going back to school to complete my BS degree. So far, I have really been impressed with the counselors I have dealt with. They all seem more than willing to help me succeed in getting my degree.

catherine

I have not considered any other schools. I did attend cosmetology school, but I didn't have the living on campus experience. So far the college experience is different for me. I think its because I'm not fresh out of high school and I had a chance to experience the real world. I do find it unique my school doesn't have a football team.

Stay focused and don't procrastinate on school work. Pace yourself, homework and chores come before plessure. Taking a break is not a good idea, the time goes fast. Its only four years of your life, furthering is your choice. A high school diploma does not guaranty a job, especially a good job. If you desire a six figure income, you must have higher education. Most importantly, your parents cannot support you your entire life. At some point you must realize its not cool to live with your parents when your almost thirty years old. Getting financial aid is not easy when your almost thirty.

I wish I known what I need to feel at home. I wish I would have know driving is a good idea no matter how long or short the drive is. I wish I knew I would need more than clothes and $500 to survive. I wish I knew taking a break after high school was a bad idea.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.