Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Grand Canyon University is a small private school attened by about 1000 students, this school allows students to persue their goals, meet great people and open their future new experiences.

If I could talk to myself as a senior I would have allot to say, first of all during senior year it is important to do the best you can in academics, even though there is allot going on it is necessary to keep your head on straight. When applying to colleges grades are important in order for acceptance but another big part of college is money. Having good grades will help to gain more scholarships which will allow you to attend the school you want to. Also I would let myself know not to worry if you are not exactly sure what you want to do when you start college, do not rush into anything and when you do find something you enjoy look into it as much as you can, a great way to do this is find a way to volunteer. I am a nursing major in college and am looking forward to becoming a nurse but I wish I had some experience in the field before I began majoring in it. I would lastly tell myself don't worry what others think about the things you do and the choices you make involving college.

A goal oriented person who knows what they want to get out of their college experince is the type of person that should attened Grand Canyon University. This school gives students the chance to become completely prepared for the career they want to make in the future. I am a nursing major and even in my freshman year I have been able to take classes and gain knowlegde that I will need when I graduate and become a nurse.

Charalotte

Grand Canyon University is a fabulos school which provides online and ground education with a religious based foundation for all students, regardless of their faith, beliefs or religious backgrounds.

I would advise myself to apply for as many scholarships and grants as possible to ensure free funding for my college education. I would also advise myself to leave home and go to a school out of my hometown. I would learn more by living on campus and experiencing the college life than staying home with my mother and socializing with old friends who are not in school. I would also advise myself to find friends with common goals and a purpose. Friends that are not in school or do not desire success will slow me down and possibly stop my education process. Finally, I would advise myself to avoid all relationships with the opposite sex. They will distract me and bring my focus to them and not the education. My teachers and counselors should be my support, not a man that I meet around the school's campus. In conclusion, my advice, to my high school senior self, would be focus, focus, focus and finish your degree now and not later.

A student interested in receiving a solid, reputable and phenomenal education without any one judging them based on their race, beliefs or backgrounds. Also, a student who is interested in extracurricular activities such as sports, prayer groups or missions in various locations benefit from an education at Grand Canyon University.

Melissa

Take your time, rushing only makes things more complicated. Don't be in a hurry to grow-up by moving out, getting a job while trying to get your education. There is plenty of time for grown up issues, take time to be young and stupid while focusing on your education.

The online structure fits into my work and home schedules. I am able to log in anytime of the day to complete my assignments. I also enjoy that group assignments are worked into the course but do not make up the entire class.

I am on my 3rd academic counselor, every time a change is made, I am not made aware. There have been a few times where I had to call and email several times before I received a call back to notify me of the change.

Terrance

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

Grand Canyon University is a christian college, but its not just about church but hard work, dedication, and heart.

I would sit myself down and apologize. In high school I was really hard on myself. Growing up in foster care you have to be tough. Even though I was the nicest guy, I was very insecure. If I saw the old Terrance I would tell him, " You can make it buddy. You dont have to please any body but your heart. Dont discard it, listen to it. Your heart has alot to say." About college life I would him, "Stick to it buddy. You know you cant do this by yourself. Dont be so stubborn ask for help. Remember that there are no stupid questions. I also believe in you." In high school, I had low self esteem and I was scared. I was told that I wouldnt make it to high school and that I would not graduate. Well i made it. I would also tell little Terrance that his past is not his future. That he may share the same blood as a codependent mother and a drug addicted father, but that is not all he was meant to be. College is available and has so much to offer him. He can do this.

Gianno

My classmates are enthusiatic about learning.

My classmates are enthusiatic about learning.

It has very diverse Christian values.

I would tell myself not to stress out so much and to just always do my best and follow my dreams. I knew what I wanted to do back then but I was always worried about other people too much to realize it. Live your life.

Dawn

Grand Canoyon University is both an online and virtual campus which is giving me my hope and giving me help to be a success in my field of study.

Diversification of a Christian School and their teaching, business, nursing and religious programs both on campus as well as online.

If I could go back and be a high school senior and how to make the transition to college life, I would tell myself to do it. Don't put it off, don't wait but to get in there and make it happen. I am 44 years old and just now getting into the whole college experience and it's not the same. I can't just enjoy the experience and be a student because I have to juggle career, family, and school. If I had the opportunity to do this all over again; I would dive right into school and not wait and not make excuses why I could not do it but make solutions so that I might do it.

Angie

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in High School, I would tell myself to take the classes that mean something and to not just goof around. I would also tell myself to prepare myself for college. I would explain that I need to go when I graduate, that not going to college is not an option. I would also say to look for as many scholarships as I can find because every penny helps. The last thing that I would tell myself is that I will feel so good about myself when I am in college, knowing that I am working towards a better future for myself.

The worst thing about GCU is the classes that they have to offer as electives sound so intersting that it is hard to choose them and no go over the amount of electives that one needs. The credits are expensive, but to me it will be worth it when I graduate.

I tell my friends that I love the fact that I can take my classes online and still work a full time job. I like the way the online class is set up and how nice and helpful the instructors are. The counselors are great at helping you get registered and help to make sure that you get everything completed to be registered. They even call and check how you are doing once in a while. They are very personable at GCU.

William

Grand Canyon University is a Division 2 level university that has ground and online courses. The university is a Christian-based university that has some requirements for Christian-based studies but also allows for the regular classes. You are able to transfer classes in from other universities that you have attended and all instructors I have encountered have been very helpful and knowledgeable. The university also offers some scholarships that are school sponsored to help with the finances of education. I would recommend GCU to anyone wanting to use the online education just as I am.

I realize now that the experience of college could be one of the greatest things to experience in your lifetime. I took a job instead of doing college then and missed out on that. I am now 43 and going back but I have to do it online now because of having a family and job, etc. This is a time that you will be free, will be able to experience things, not bad or illegal, that you can not do anywhere else. College is a time to study, to learn not just classes but life and how you will be able to handle things on your own. I met the wonderful person I am married to now but missed out on the college experience becuase I chose the woman I loved. She is now standing behind me as a I go back to school now at my age and I want to complete that journey.

The fact that I have to take just the online courses I would consider the worst thing. It is great that I am able to take these courses offered by GCU but the one thing I miss about college is the people. I am a very outgoing person and love to talk to people and talking to them, so to speak, in an online course is not the same. I would love to be able to attend GCU in person but that is not possible so this opportunity is a great thing but also bad since I love to talk.

Kaneisha

1. Evaluate your options. Just because you got into your number one school doesn't mean you should go 2. Apply for as many scholaship as possible. School is very expensive. 3. Studying is very important. You want to have fun in college but you are there to learn. 4. Get involved with your professors. They can help you maintain your grades as well as write letters on your behalf that could help you get into graduate school or a job, etc

I wish I would have known that it woul be so hard to get financial aid

I didn't get as much scholarship money or financial aid from the University of Delaware which is why I had to transfer to Grand Canyon University.

Janice

Has a full online Education program

Has a full online Education program

I would tell myself to stick with college until finished. I have wasted many years procrastinating on picking back up on my degree.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.