Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

I would advise myself to have stayed in college. I started college at age 16. I would tell myself that even though it was hard to learn in a normal teaching environment that it would be worth it. Worth it to not have to be working full time and attending school at the same time.

The worst thing about my school is the fact that because I attend online it seems as if the academic advisor and my finacial aid advisor are not on the same page.

The only peeople who should not attend the school that I attend are one who do not want to deal with religion. For I attend a christian college.

Whitney

If I could go back in time and offer advice to myself as a high school senior, I would definitely stress the fact that you have to study in college. I graduated from high school with a dual seal with distinction diploma and as an Honor Roll student. Back then, the course work came easy for me and I never had to study. Once I got to college, and I realized that I actually needed to study, I did not know how. I feel that if a course could be designed for high school students to literally teach them how to study, that it would be a great aid for the students and we wouldn't see such a drop in GPA for college freshmen.

The best thing about my school is that I am able to finish my Bachelor's degree completely online and it is a Christian-based college. It allows me to still work and prepare for our first child coming in September because I am able to do the school work at my own convenience.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not necessarily a bad thing. With online courses, you must dedicate a certain amount of time each week to be able to keep up with the discussion with your other classmates. I feel that this can be very beneficial to many and be an aid in time management, although the amount of time you must put in may be frustrating for many.

Lindsey

I definitely tell myself to study harder. Make better grades and apply myself more. Be sure you make the right decisions when it comes to who you hang around. Listen to your parents, you are the child and they are the adult. Focus more on your studies and becoming successful. Don't let anyone tell you, you can't achieve your goals.

Anyone who has the will power to succeed!

I do not find anything frustrating about Grand Canyon University.

Christopher

I would advise myself to find a school that provides smaller classes size-wise. Go to school first, then apply for OTS in the military. Last, study more and more often.

The worst thing is walking to each class.

The person who should not attend this school is the person who does not want to succeed.

Edna

Most of my classmates are older students juggling work, family, or both.

Most of my classmates are older students juggling work, family, or both.

As a high school senior I was very excited about the world possibilities ahead of me. It is common for a young person to feel empowered to conquer the world. At 18 you are full of youth, energy and excitement. At the same time however, one may fail to think carefully how a decision can affect your future. I would tell mysefl (and I know I would not have listened) that a boy is not worth it. Don't hold on to a boy thinking he will run away. Choosing love is not a catastrophe, but you just have to deal with the choices you make. I think that one of the most important steps in making the transition from high school to college is realizing that the transtion is a great time to grow up and mature. Be a little selfish and analytical about thinking about your future. Know that your choices will create a domino effect in your life. Don't look just at the now or short future. Really think about your future. Work on the areas of your life that you know will make you succesful in college and life.

I do the on-line program which is best for people with previous college experience who appeal to a flexible studying environment that allow them to fulfill other responsibilities.

Pam

A wonderful mixture of age, race, religious and social backgrounds.

A wonderful mixture of age, race, religious and social backgrounds.

I may have a different perspective on this question than most. I am returning to college after a 25 year absence. If I could return and talk to myself as a high-school senior, there are several things I would say. First and most importantly, I would remind myself what my parents always taught me. A college education is the foundation for the rest of life. I would have to remind myself that the dreams I had for my life and carreer as a young child must be followed. Do not allow anything to cause you to stray from your goals. There is absolutely nothing more important in your life right now than a college education, it will open up the world for you. College is a transition. It is a time to explore ourselves and the world, through knowledge. Apply yourself completely, don't get distracted. There will be freedom you may not have had before in making daily decisions. Always remember that every decision you make, no matter how trivial it may seem, will affect the rest of your life. Enjoy your time at college, learn all that you can. A college education is the foundation for everything.

Daniel

Grand Canyon University is the only school that helped me cut though the financial red tape so I could return to school.

Present Day Self: I know this might sound exactly like what your parents and your teachers are telling you, but you need to listen to me carefully. Next year you will be going off to college and you will fail out of your first year. High School Self: Sure... PDS: It's true. You go away to college and even though you stand by your conviction now, that you will not just party while you are there... HSS: (Sarcastically) I fail out. PDS: Yeah you do. The only thing you have to show for your first year is a blurred memmory of nights at the frat houses and days of all night cram sessions before tests, because you told yourself, I could do it in high school so why not now. That and student loan debt of about $12,000. HSS: That won't happen. I won't let it. PDS: That is what I said. But unless you stop thinking that you pass by doing all nighters like you did in High School you will end up like me. Twenty nine years old and still trying to finish my degree online because of my attitude during my first year.

I wish i would have listened to everyone else who kept telling me to stay focused. My first year I was surrounded by temptation. I strayed off course and my studies fell behind. I was an honor student in high school but I ended up failing my first year of college due to partying. I started a different school the following fall and aced my schedule. I had to leave school a year before graduation due to financial instability. Now I am 29 years old trying to finish up my degree online when I should have already graduated.

Christopher

Ability to supply an education to those in need.

Ability to supply an education to those in need.

Focus more on your work than everyone else around you and homework is SO important!

Commiteed to succeeding and someone that likes heat.

Darold

My classmates are open minded.

My classmates are open minded.

This is a christian University where alot of students get to work on their relationship with god and have pastor on campus to talk with them when students have problems

I would tell myself to make sure I am positive in what I want to pursue as a career. Recognize what my strengths and talents are early on so I can realize early on what I would enjoy doing. I would also tell my self to budget my money better and only purchase something that is an absolute must.

Christina

I do not have any classmates because all of my classes are online.

I do not have any classmates because all of my classes are online.

I would tell myself to try harder. That high school is easy compared to college life and life in general. And I would tell myself to prepare better financially and to not be scared to ask for help in applying for college, that if you ask the right people for help that it can be a fairly easy and exciting process. I would also tell myself to do my research on what I want to do and how to plan on achieving those goals, and that no goal in unattainable as long as you put your mind to it.

No-one. I believe this school is perfect for any person who's willing to put into the time and effort.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.