Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Terrance

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

The school I am applying to is both fun and challenging

Grand Canyon University is a christian college, but its not just about church but hard work, dedication, and heart.

I would sit myself down and apologize. In high school I was really hard on myself. Growing up in foster care you have to be tough. Even though I was the nicest guy, I was very insecure. If I saw the old Terrance I would tell him, " You can make it buddy. You dont have to please any body but your heart. Dont discard it, listen to it. Your heart has alot to say." About college life I would him, "Stick to it buddy. You know you cant do this by yourself. Dont be so stubborn ask for help. Remember that there are no stupid questions. I also believe in you." In high school, I had low self esteem and I was scared. I was told that I wouldnt make it to high school and that I would not graduate. Well i made it. I would also tell little Terrance that his past is not his future. That he may share the same blood as a codependent mother and a drug addicted father, but that is not all he was meant to be. College is available and has so much to offer him. He can do this.

Gianno

My classmates are enthusiatic about learning.

My classmates are enthusiatic about learning.

It has very diverse Christian values.

I would tell myself not to stress out so much and to just always do my best and follow my dreams. I knew what I wanted to do back then but I was always worried about other people too much to realize it. Live your life.

Dawn

Grand Canoyon University is both an online and virtual campus which is giving me my hope and giving me help to be a success in my field of study.

Diversification of a Christian School and their teaching, business, nursing and religious programs both on campus as well as online.

If I could go back and be a high school senior and how to make the transition to college life, I would tell myself to do it. Don't put it off, don't wait but to get in there and make it happen. I am 44 years old and just now getting into the whole college experience and it's not the same. I can't just enjoy the experience and be a student because I have to juggle career, family, and school. If I had the opportunity to do this all over again; I would dive right into school and not wait and not make excuses why I could not do it but make solutions so that I might do it.

Angie

If I could go back in time to when I was a senior in High School, I would tell myself to take the classes that mean something and to not just goof around. I would also tell myself to prepare myself for college. I would explain that I need to go when I graduate, that not going to college is not an option. I would also say to look for as many scholarships as I can find because every penny helps. The last thing that I would tell myself is that I will feel so good about myself when I am in college, knowing that I am working towards a better future for myself.

The worst thing about GCU is the classes that they have to offer as electives sound so intersting that it is hard to choose them and no go over the amount of electives that one needs. The credits are expensive, but to me it will be worth it when I graduate.

I tell my friends that I love the fact that I can take my classes online and still work a full time job. I like the way the online class is set up and how nice and helpful the instructors are. The counselors are great at helping you get registered and help to make sure that you get everything completed to be registered. They even call and check how you are doing once in a while. They are very personable at GCU.

William

Grand Canyon University is a Division 2 level university that has ground and online courses. The university is a Christian-based university that has some requirements for Christian-based studies but also allows for the regular classes. You are able to transfer classes in from other universities that you have attended and all instructors I have encountered have been very helpful and knowledgeable. The university also offers some scholarships that are school sponsored to help with the finances of education. I would recommend GCU to anyone wanting to use the online education just as I am.

I realize now that the experience of college could be one of the greatest things to experience in your lifetime. I took a job instead of doing college then and missed out on that. I am now 43 and going back but I have to do it online now because of having a family and job, etc. This is a time that you will be free, will be able to experience things, not bad or illegal, that you can not do anywhere else. College is a time to study, to learn not just classes but life and how you will be able to handle things on your own. I met the wonderful person I am married to now but missed out on the college experience becuase I chose the woman I loved. She is now standing behind me as a I go back to school now at my age and I want to complete that journey.

The fact that I have to take just the online courses I would consider the worst thing. It is great that I am able to take these courses offered by GCU but the one thing I miss about college is the people. I am a very outgoing person and love to talk to people and talking to them, so to speak, in an online course is not the same. I would love to be able to attend GCU in person but that is not possible so this opportunity is a great thing but also bad since I love to talk.

Kaneisha

1. Evaluate your options. Just because you got into your number one school doesn't mean you should go 2. Apply for as many scholaship as possible. School is very expensive. 3. Studying is very important. You want to have fun in college but you are there to learn. 4. Get involved with your professors. They can help you maintain your grades as well as write letters on your behalf that could help you get into graduate school or a job, etc

I wish I would have known that it woul be so hard to get financial aid

I didn't get as much scholarship money or financial aid from the University of Delaware which is why I had to transfer to Grand Canyon University.

Janice

Has a full online Education program

Has a full online Education program

I would tell myself to stick with college until finished. I have wasted many years procrastinating on picking back up on my degree.

Christina

The advice I would give myself would be just to go to college. If you do not have a specific interest then talk to a counselor. The counselor can provide guidance and direction so that you are not wasting your time taking classes that will lead to nowhere. College is a place where you can take a class to pursue your interests, there are classes in dance, jewelry making, and photography just to name a few. Once you become aware of your goal stick to it until it is completed. Always complete co-requisites prior to entering a program especially if you are pursuing a degree such as nursing and be sure to set your goals on the highest degree possible. Do not limit yourself, then you will have no regrets. Gaining knowledge is infectious. Do not think that because your family does not have money that you can not attend college. There are numerous programs available to help you, all you have to do is ask and apply. Good luck.

The only things that can limit a person from attending this school is if you do not have transportation to attend a ground class or you do not possess a computer to take the classes online. If you are not interested in attending a school that will guide you and lead you to a higher degree, then this is not the school for you. If you are more interested in socializing and not learning and putting to good use the tuition money being spent on your education, then this is not the school for you.

The person who should attend this school is you. If you are interested in a school that provides courses specific to a certain degree, then this is the school for you. Grand Canyon University offers both traditional and online courses. The online degree courses are particularly useful for the professional seeking to further their education but cannot commit to a traditional school program. The online courses are great for the preson who possesses knowledge of computer programs such as MS Word and PowerPoint, is comfortable working in an online environment, and can learn new concepts quickly.

Rich

GCU was the only university I applied to that actually went out of their way to help a vet. In Massachusetts, there is a program that allows Vets to attend any state college or university for free a great program and one that I thought I could take avantage of. I tried every avenue to acheive this and was not only rejected at every turn but was informed that because I waited to long after discharge, even the VA could not help. GCU made things happen that I could not and helped me to get the degree I need.

If I could travel back in time to talk to myself as a senior, I armed with evidence to prove that there were a series of mistakes I was about to make that would effect my life for a very long time. The first of these being turning down the Navy's offer to pay for my college degree. In my time since high school, I have survived on my skills and knowledge gained from practical experience. This is great but it does not hold up without an undergraduate or graduate degree. I managed to make it to a junior VP position, untill the economy crashed. Now without the degree, I am last in line for new jobs in business. I was fortunate to have some investment properties to keep me going but, had I been a better student in my senior year and taken the offer of further education from the Navy coming out of High School, I would not be unemployed right now. I would stress to myself the importance of continuing my education and not looking at the here and now but the down the road as well.

That is an unfair question. Everyone should attend a college or university to further their education, in the current world enviroment not furthering it seriously limits their future endevours. That being said, there are students in high school today that are of the mind that everything they want in this world will be handed to them,simply for the asking. Others have made the choice that being in school is a waste of their time and effort. They are the type that need an education of a different type. Possibly a few years in the military will help them.

Kristina

Kristina, if you don't change your ways of being a student , college will be so hard for you. If you listen to your instuctors, do your class and homework with high standards for yourself, you will be so much of a better student in college than if you don't. High school is only training for going to college. Yes, it is hard, and yes it feels unrewarding for your future. By training yourself now, to take pride in your school work, college will be much easier for you later. In college you will have so much more freedoms to learn who you are as an individual. The life of a college student is much more involved in self discipline. You must discipline your self NOW, for your future.

The online schooling option is awesome. I am a working mother so I can choose when I do my school work, and from home too!!!

Too many people to talk to ...admissions counselor, finance counselor, and academic counselor. It would be easier if one person handled all of my college courses and finances.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.