Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Kirby

The advice that I would give to parents/ student to finding the right college is to research the school,.Before you go off to college or attend a local college, make sure you can afford tuition, books, and other expenses. Make sure the college offers the degree and the major you are willing to take. Class sizes should meet your approval as well as living arrangements. No one should be stressed out about expenses or anything that does not pertain to academics. Also, make sure that you are willing to work hard at college. It is not a time to be free, it is a time to grow and develop as an young adult, and to be a very wise and independent adult. Your future can be bright and wonderful if you choose the right career path. So think hard, choose wisely, and your dreams will come true.

The best thing about my school are the professors desire to encourage students to do their best. They are always willing to help students to promote the best education possible. In addition your classmates make the semester go by fast because of their loving spirirt to help one another. Grand Canyon University is an excellent school. I couldn't have picked a better school.

Everything that I wanted to know about the school, I asked and researched before I applied.

Xavien

Their religion program. It's a Christian University

Their religion program. It's a Christian University

Each college and university is different. While they may offer similar programs, the learning styles are quite different. I would suggest that you choose a school that the potential student can be active (in other words, participate in sports and / or fraternities / sororities), as well as receive a good education. Many parents have a difficult time with this, but it's best to allow your student to attend school in a different city and state. I suggest this because the child then really learns to become independant faster, and cannot rely on family to bail them out of jams.

A person should not attend this school if they need one on one from the instructors. The instructors are not easily accessible to their students. They are very friendly and are willing to help, but do not have the time. The learning is very structured, and can tell that the sylabus comes from another source.

Yvette

Highly intellectual institution with positive high moral christian standards.

Highly intellectual institution with positive high moral christian standards.

College is the time where you will find out who you are, what your made of, and how strong your beliefs our. Don't ever be afraid to explore all the options presented to you. For in the process you will find the school that will best be suited to your needs and those of your family.

That I am able to attend online classes and live in another state. Even though I am nowhere remotely close to the campus I believe I am getting a good education and making great friendships pn;ine. The professors are also very helpful when it comes to any matters concerning the class.

Lisa

I would tell students and parents to research local schools, and other schools that interest them. It's important to know what different schools are known for in their academic profile, and it all depends on the career students want to achieve. Once finding the right school, it would be beneficial for students to get involved with the freshman activities schools usually have for new students. It's a great way to find friends and peers that have the same interests you do in school. It is also helpful to go to those activities because it allows students to know where everything is located in the school. Lastly, it's very beneficial to get involved in the school activities-even if it's going to the school games or joining a club. Joining a club helps students interact more with others that share the same interests also. Clubs can be exciting, and they stand out in resumes. Researching and doing activities will help students and parents make the correct choice in what school would be the most beneficial for academic needs, and activities will make the most out of a college experience. It will allow many to make everlasting memories.

I think the best thing about my school is that students are able to choose if they would like to go to school online or on campus. This school has a strong online program. I enjoy going online because it better fits my schedule, and the faculty is helpful and responsive. Students in the classroom are always encouraging, and helpful to their fellow classmates. No one feels left out of the class, and it's easier to feel more encouraged to speak up of opinions and about the subjects.

I wished I knew about their education program before I picked my first major. I took a few classes that were not necessary for the education major, so if I had known about the program, I wouldn't feel like I wasted some time in some of my classes.

Mark

I would encourage both the students and the parents attend the campus and an applicable orientation meeting about the college/university. I would look into all aspects of the campus - availability and price of housing, environment, location, cost of tuition, etc. One thing I would recommend is sitting down with an academic advisor and discussing the options and career paths available to study at the university. Once a decision is made, I would encourage the student to be fully engaged in their schoolwork. They should stive for excellence in the classroom and strive to be involved in as many campus activities as possible in order to enjoy and get the most out of their college experience.

The location and the low-quality of the surrounding area. Parking is horrendous here. I commute every day so that isn't cool either.

Anyone seeking a quality education who wants a christian background. Low class sizes are nice.

Eric

Research and visit. If you are playing a sport, research the coach more than anything.

That it has such great roots and intentions but it seems like the staff (other than teachers) are unorganized. The trachers are great but they don't seem to be paid enough

Party Animal. Someone who wants to go to a big school with big classes. Someone who would like to be in a crazy fraternity or sorority

Mark

My advice to students would be to continue your schooling until you achieve your degree. I stopped attending school for 17 years, and I regret it every day. I am now trying to keep up with students that are half my age. Do it now, you will never regret it! To parents, I would have to say that they need to encourage their children to acomplish a degree. My dad was right, I needed to keep going to school. I was stubborn and I wanted to start earning money. Without a degree to fall back on, I was frequently looked over for job opportunities. An education lasts forever!

I wish I would have known that it is a complete lifestyle change, and I wish I would have gone to school when I was younger.

The most frustrating thing to me is that most students are young enough to be my own kids!

Jeremy

Eagerly willing to assist and help those that struggle.

Eagerly willing to assist and help those that struggle.

Make sure that your goals are clear andd concise to you. Listen to what every college has to offer and speak with those that have attended and currently attend. Make sure that your goals meet with what they tell you.

Discimminating people that are racist and full of hate.

Angelina

We all had different practices and learning styles related to the field we were studying, but we grow as a whole, learning from each other and working together.

Learn as much as you can. Always watch your surrounding. You can learn about things outside the class, and from others as well. Don't take the easy way out sometimes doing things you would normaly never do will teach you more about yourself then any thing else. Learn but still have fun, and never feel you have to hide a part of yourself.

You can always find something you dislike in a place if you live there long enough. However, I always try to focus on the positive. The Grand Canyon University offers the programs I need for my field. They have a learning enviroment that is perfect for me. If there was somehing about it that bother me I wouldn't attend the school.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.