Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Knowing what I know now I would tell myself not to change schools in the middle of my senior year. I would also tell myself to stay in college rather than dropping out the first time to take care of my siblings. I would also tell myself to focus more on school and less on partying that way my grades would have been higher the first time around.

The fact that it is so diverse. One of my teachers lives in Germany and the other across town from me.

The only thing that I find frustrating is the fact that I am an online student so I don't get as much interaction as I would in a regular class room.

Natasha

Advice about the transition would involve making sure I knew it was not just important to go to college, but to listen to the recommendation of your instructors even if they do not make sense at the time. The staff is there to help and serve your educational needs so they know best. My advice for my lifestyle at that time would have been to save on some expenses go to community college first to finish up what required courses you can at a discounted cost and then transfer in to a university to finsih your program. Do your research, dont feel like you only have one path to get the career you want. Most times their are multiple paths to take to reach your goals. The best advice I would tell myself would be not to take student loans unless absolutely necessary, under extreme circumstances. Use other resources and take the time to apply for grants, scholarships, and goverenment programs to assis in paying for your education. Also, some jobs will pay for part or all of your education if they know you will stay in that field. Lastly, my advice would be to work hard and do great!

In my experience the most frustrating thing about my school involves the use of APA format. I understand the importance of having it in the ciriculum. It seems every instructor will give grades more harshly than others. A student will never know which rules are most important to the instructor until they are graded for the first time. My frustration began when I did not receive assistance from my instructor when I urnestly wanted to learn my mistakes in my writing to improve and was referred to the library. The librarians didn't know the instructors expectations in his assignments.

Someone that works well with other people, a self-disciplined individual that will teach themselves when necessary. The ideal student doesn't allow distractions to take over their time, always studying appropriately, completely focusing their time and energy on what is in front of them, who doesn't mind turning off thier phone and ignoring their emails. Single-parents, experienced people coming back to received updated information in their field or improve their education are great to show an example for everyone around them. A well rounded individual who knows how to prioritize their life responsibilities with their education.

Shelby

If I could go back and talk to myself, I would tell myself that I need to continue on right away at the university level for my Bachelors Degree instead of getting my Associates Degree then waiting ten years to go back to school. I would let myself know that education is very important in todays society and that I really need to put in the time and effort to accomplish my goals and dreams sooner than later. I would also tell myself to make sure to enjoy everything that college life has to offer because you only get one real shot and life is too short not to enjoy everything education has to offer.

I haven't been frustrated by Grand Canyon University. I have been completely satisfied with my education and my degree completion time.

Brian

I would work harder at school and focus more on taking certain classes that are more valuable to a college education. I would participate in more extracurricular activities, and dedicate myself more to school and looking for a possible carreer. I would have also applied for more scholarships, and worked more with my high school counselor.

I start January 4th, but as of now, the enrollment counselor has been very professional and excellent at following through with promises.

Since I am attending online, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who isn't dedicated and unable to access/use a computer.

Daniel

A cutting-edge, traditional Christian university that can compete with any school out there and has professors that really care that their students succeed.

Make some new friends immediately! Give yourself time to rest, but also make sure you set aside time to work on homework. Listen to your professors, do what they say, and if you disagree with them on something, let them know. Do not simply show them you think you have a better way or understand something in a different way. Talk to them first. Remember to call home frequently, and tell your parents you love them every time you talk to them. Be thankful. Even in homework. It makes the entire experience that much more fulfilling and worth it.

I would have liked to have known the over-all cost.

Monique

If I could go back to 1990-1991, I would tell myself to take the harder classes and get an A, B or even a C, instead of taking the easier classes and getting A's. I would tell myself to volunteer and give back to my community. It makes you feel good. I would tell myself that my dreams and goals should never be put on hold or forgotton. That I could be anything despite what the guidance counsler said. I would tell myself to go to college and to join the military,That if I work hard and follow my dreams that I could work for National Geographic, be a chef, or even be a MD. I would tell myself to work hard and save my money, and take my credit score seriously because good credit goes a long way in this world. To love my family and to trust in my God. Be brave and stand up for myself and my dreams. I would tell myself find and get involved in the clubs and groups that will help my future.

The kind of student that wants small class rooms, comfortable campus and really nice, outgoing people of different ages and backgrounds. This school is is nice because you can have a two or three classes with the same person. You get to know people and not get lost in the crowd like some big colleges. I like the positive and uplifting quality of the school. Most professors are their for you when you have questions. The study groups that they have are great. They have great activties to get involved with the community and the people.

The changing of the class requirements for my major after I have already taken them, now they are not needed. That the science courses are only eight weeks long. It is alot of information for such a short time.

Michelle

Would have taken more college level classes to allow myself to get a head start on my college credits. Remeber also that everything you do and all classes you take will follow you for all your life. Take everything very serious and remember there is a reason and purpsoe for all you do.

I think anybody that is interesting in becoming a teacher should consider this school. THe programs that they carry are so great and allows you to focus on grades K-8, and is not limited to just elemantery level. Also once you obtain your degree you are eligible to teach ESOL which is becoming very popular in the school systems today. THat alone allows you broaden your ablity to get a job with any school system.

kim

Since my classes are online I really can't phyically see them, but from their responses they are detailed and are go debaters.

Well I would tell myself not to stop and contiune furthing you education. I reget not completing school and after all these years I am proud to return but I notice the time lost can not be regain again.

Michelle

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus and stay goal-oriented no matter what obstacles that come my way. I would tell myself to make sure that I do not lose sight of priorities when it comes to work and school. I would tell myself to use the resources that has been given to me as much as possible and to be wise with the classes and time you choose to take them. Also, I would tell myself to continue in taking Honor Classes because they will truly payoff in the long run.

The worst thing I consider about my school is that there is no clear definition of your class level. It is hard to determine if one is a junior or senior just by credits alone.

The kind of person that should not attend Grand Canyon University is a student who is not willing to work, learn and cooperate in receiving an education.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.