Phoenix, AZ
Grand Canyon University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Grand Canyon University

Michelle

If I could go back in time to talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to focus and stay goal-oriented no matter what obstacles that come my way. I would tell myself to make sure that I do not lose sight of priorities when it comes to work and school. I would tell myself to use the resources that has been given to me as much as possible and to be wise with the classes and time you choose to take them. Also, I would tell myself to continue in taking Honor Classes because they will truly payoff in the long run.

The worst thing I consider about my school is that there is no clear definition of your class level. It is hard to determine if one is a junior or senior just by credits alone.

The kind of person that should not attend Grand Canyon University is a student who is not willing to work, learn and cooperate in receiving an education.

Anissa

Remember to keep an open mind and experience new adventures and activities. But never forget your upraising nor leave your foundation; simply add to it. College is more than studying non-stop. In fact, you will learn more about yourself and humanity in general than through any book knowledge you will attain--and that is a good thing. Because, social skills, responsibilities that come with independence, and life experiences are more important, reliable and useful for the real world than any material you will cram in your brain for exams and essays. Never hold back thinking you will have tomorrow. Do not put anything off. Love right now and cherish the memories and sensations inside of you forever. Do not leave stepping stone untouched.

I brag about the schedule--timing of start and end dates for semesters is perfect.

The location is in the heart of old town Phoenix. Although the campus itself is in great condition and has a beautiful setting, the surrounding area is a bit run down.

Lucy

The advice I would give myself is know my major and enjoy school. I started at a community college but I could not decide on what was the right career for me, so I spent some time just taking fun classes but not the ones for my major. This was difficult because when I found out what I wanted to do, I realized that if I wanted to transfer to a university in two years and begin the nursing program, I needed quite a few classess. I managed to complete all of the prerequisites in time, but it was quite stressful taking three biology classes in one semester. The transition from high school to college was a very interesting one, and I would reccommend just enjoy yourself and do not worry about clothes or being in the right crowd because in the end it's up to you to decide what you want to do with your life and no one else can make that decision for you. So enjoy college take some fun classes like guitar or mythology, and do what you really love.

Well I think that Grand Canyon is a wonderful school for anyone. They have a really amazing nursing program and a really great sports program. They are alo a Christian university, so maybe if someone strongly denied Christianity, this school may not be for them, since they do have many Christian programs. They are also on the pricy side in regards to tuition, but I didn't think I had the money to go there, but I thought that my education was too important and that I would somehow someday find a way to pay for it.

The price is a little hard to cope with, but other than that Grand Canyon is a wonderful academic school and you really do get a great experience there.

Lora

My classmates are supportive, educated, and support my efforts in obtaining my degree in Education.

The college fit my lifestyle. While the school puts an empasis on education, the school also wants the students to succeed in all areas of life. I know I'm getting a full education while I have people behind me that support me and bring real-life situations into the classroom's discussions and it makes me a better student. The staff is supportive about personal life as well as supporting your individual educational goals. Being considered an individual rather than a number goes a long, long way in my book.

If I could go back in high school and give myself any advice, it would be to slow down. I would tell myself to slow down in all aspects of life. I don?t have to impress anyone as long as I?m happy with myself and that one day, someone will be impressed by me. I would tell myself that college is important, but being happy with my own decisions is as equally important. College is a great time and it should be taken seriously but it?s also a time to have fun and develop lifelong friendships. The quote ?there is a time and place for everything? truly sums up ?college life?. I don?t need to attend any parties. I?m not that type. However, taking an evening off from studying to enjoy the smell of nature, to take a stroll in the park to watch a toddler learn something new or simply to enjoy the simple things that this life has to offer is okay! At the end of the day, when I lay my head on my pillow at night, I know I?m doing the best I can and that?s good enough.

Henry

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that the expectations are higher and that it doesn't matter what grade you think you deserve, the teacher will give you the grade he/she believes you deserve. The transition from high school to college is a huge step and I wasn't ready for the transition. However, when I started college I realized that the stakes are higher and the rules are stricter. The advice I gave myself was that I can't use the same work habits in college that I used in high school because I knew that I wouldn't succeed in college, so I changed my habits and I believe that I can succeed in college

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are people who do not like to learn about how they learn or are closed minded

The worst thing about my school is the lack of exposure Grand Canyon University recieves because GCU is a school that wants to see their students achieve success and GCU cares about the students as a person. Every week, my enrollment Counselor calls me just to see how class is going and if I am having any problems. If GCU used these examples as a means of advertising, a lot more students would find Grand Canyon University as a Univerrsity that is unique and affordable

mollie

College is an important decision and one that needs to be made carefully. It should be taken seriously. There are alot of great schools but finding one that fits your needs is really important.

I live in Salt Lake but feel as much as part of the school as those who live near campas. It is an amazing school with friendly and helpful staff.

Someone who is extremely liberal. People are very open but it is a religious school

Alyssa

Find a college that will challenge you, that instills a bit of fear, because you don't want to be complacent. Life each day with adventure, and dare it to give you a dream to catch. The college you are looking for should be a place that you know you can grow in academically and maturity. The best college is always the one that you can see yourself adding to, just as much as you are getting from it.

I wish I had been more open to trying new things, and been more well rounded. There is so much that this school has to offer, and I needed to become more time oriented to be able to fit it all in! But to be honest, one really cannot know what to expect. Every day is a new day, and a chance to succeed. Our mistakes help us grow, so if I could advise anyone about Grand Canyon University, I would tell them to be open for a life changing experience.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is open for change, ready for growth, and wants an adventure. If you want a personal relationship with Professors who really care, and be surrounded by people who are there to help you whenever you need it, then this is the place for you. Grand Canyon University is very diverse and does not discriminate, everyone is welcome here. If you are ready to develop your mind, be prepared, because Grand Canyon University will make you into the strong man or woman you desire to be.

Nina

Small, private christian Univiersity, filled with excelling students and amazing athletes that are undiscoverd.

Grand Canyon University is a Private Christian school that is very open in their beliefs and thoughts. It is a friendly small enviroment where everyone is family.

I would pick a college that suits your personality. If you are a quiet person and dont like big crowds I would lean more towards smaller colleges and university that is more about becoming a family. If you like the social life I would lean more towards big state universitys. Choose whatever school has the best program for your major.

My school is diverse and has many administration members that will help you out at anytime.

Make sure you and your child make choices together. Encourage your child to get involved and enjoy the college experiance. It is important to have community involvement.

One that is highly motivated and wants to succeed. This school offers a wide variety of sports and activities to do in order to become involved. It is important to stay busy and active at your school.

Grand Canyon University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.