Grand Canyon University

« See more reviews of Grand Canyon University

The University's bases itself off Christian values. The leadership within the communities are the most considerate, passionate people I've known for a while. There is a necessary Christian Worldview class that teaches students the morals that a Christian society uptakes and what it means to be Christian. Though it is a religion, taking its values up only means that it takes the best interests of man in mind. You don't even have to be Christian to be in the school. The Christian moral views are universal and full understanding of them is essential to anyone.

I live in Tucson, so being able to obtain my BSN without having to relocate was important to me. I was able to take my classes online and work part-time for a while and obtain my degree. Grand Canyon is very supportive of the military and gave me a discount due to my veteran statue that local Universities would not consider. The teachers/professors were accessable and encouraged communication for any issues or questions. Overall the experience was very good and I have recommended the University for other nurses that want to further their education.

Grand Canyon University proved to be unique to me, especially in its Early Childhood Education program, in a lot of ways. Their online program runs one class at a time, which is great for students like me, who are working one of more jobs and are concerned about having time to study for classes. Concentrating on one class at a time is a huge plus for me. The program is a four year program, a kind of one-stop shop to gain a teaching certification. Everyone at GCU has been greatly helpful and very kind to me, as well.

GCU was the only university I applied to that actually went out of their way to help a vet. In Massachusetts, there is a program that allows Vets to attend any state college or university for free a great program and one that I thought I could take avantage of. I tried every avenue to acheive this and was not only rejected at every turn but was informed that because I waited to long after discharge, even the VA could not help. GCU made things happen that I could not and helped me to get the degree I need.

The college fit my lifestyle. While the school puts an empasis on education, the school also wants the students to succeed in all areas of life. I know I'm getting a full education while I have people behind me that support me and bring real-life situations into the classroom's discussions and it makes me a better student. The staff is supportive about personal life as well as supporting your individual educational goals. Being considered an individual rather than a number goes a long, long way in my book.

What us unique is that this school likes to keep its students involved almost on a daily basis. They have several events every week to make sure that nobody is left out. this school also offers chapel and gathering every week which differs from many of the other private schools I looked into. Everyone tries to make you feel as comfy as possible. Another difference that I noticed was that our athletic department just switched from division two to division one which is also different from many other schools.

What's unique about the school that I am intend to complete my degree is, they are a private, Christian establishment who were successful in convincing me of the importance of an education. Other schools had tried, but GCU's staff were very encouraging and supportive. They listened, they gave me necessary advice when I could not continue to pay for school. I just wish they weren't so very expensive and credit transfer friendly.

The fact that it has small class sizes and the school seems to become personal to everyone in a great way. The professors all know what they are talking about and have both worked in the field they teach in and received a degree. The professors are kind and go out of their way sometimes to help their students. Some professors even give students their cell phone number to students if they have questions about class or homework.

What I find unique about Grand Canyon is that they do not pressure you to become a Christain just cause they are a Christain based university. They are very welcoming and want everyone to feel at home if they are out of state. The school in general turns no on down and tries to help you with whatever questions or problems you have. The programs offered there are very efficent and will end up helping you in the long run.

Since Grand Canyon University is a Christian Based school so we are more free to discuss religious and spiritual conflicts. Also, I'm in the nursing program so religion tends to come into that field. It makes it easier to talk with patients without feeling the restriction of other public universities that stop people from feeling free to talk about anything without the worry of offending someone.