Grand Canyon University

« See more reviews of Grand Canyon University

What is the worst? Having bad cafeteria food? Not being accepted in the social crowd of your choice? Quantum connection, people chose to make the worst depending on the path they decide to proceed with. Everything can be anything can be whatever it is you imagine and create it to be. To answer this question it puts the subliminal thought in ones head, "Keyword" (worst) and then in a human brain one linger's into thinking only the bad or the pessimistic route. The worst thing about my school is the best things that could possibly turn into the worst.

Honestly, I have not seen anything bad about my school yet. Since I have only been there for a couple months, I am still trying to adjust to the college transition and Grand Canyon University (GCU) has certainly helped me with that. One thing that is probably just not that good would be its location. Since it is in the downtown Phoenix area, the neighborhood is very populated, and there are too many cars and traffic around the area. Sometimes, I have heard from those who lived in the dorms that cops would usually be circling around the school.

The worst thing about the school is that I can't see anyone face to face. Sometimes there are situations that you would rather go and deal with personally and it is just not possible, being an online student. Sure I could hop on a plane and go to the campus, but that would be expensive. The phone calls do help break down this feeling though. My enrollment counselor does handle everything personally, so I know that if I have a problem/question all I have to do is ask and Andrew will take care of it.

The only downfall I have found thus far is that the online program uses primarily online books, or e-books. I personally prefer to have a physical textbook in my hands to read and learn from. I do realize that some students do prefer literally everything online, including their text. However, I wish we had the option to choose to buy books as opposed to downloading the e-books. So far, this is the only thing I have found with Grand Canyon University that I am not so fond of .

The fact that I have to take just the online courses I would consider the worst thing. It is great that I am able to take these courses offered by GCU but the one thing I miss about college is the people. I am a very outgoing person and love to talk to people and talking to them, so to speak, in an online course is not the same. I would love to be able to attend GCU in person but that is not possible so this opportunity is a great thing but also bad since I love to talk.

The worst thing that i have encountered with gcu is the finanical aid does not cover much of your classes at all. My finanical aid counselor did not inform me totally of cost per class and so now i am out 5,545 dollars . 2,775 of my financial aid covered some then i got credit for tranfer 28 credit with 3.0 average which is better then most students. I still am trying to figure out how i am going to cover the hole and be able to raise my 5 kids because money is very tight.

The worst thing about my school is the lack of exposure Grand Canyon University recieves because GCU is a school that wants to see their students achieve success and GCU cares about the students as a person. Every week, my enrollment Counselor calls me just to see how class is going and if I am having any problems. If GCU used these examples as a means of advertising, a lot more students would find Grand Canyon University as a Univerrsity that is unique and affordable

The worst thing about my school is probably that everyone leaves campus on the weekends. The rules here are very strict, including ones like boys cant be in bedrooms and if they are in the living room the door has to be open at 90 degrees. This causes a lot of people to leave on the weekends where they have more freedom but that means people like me that live on campus and are from our of state dont have anything to do on the weekends.

The worst thing about the school was the group work. Group work at any level is always frustrating, however I was amazed at what people were turning in and the corrections that had to be made. I was also not happy that I purchased a cap and gown and did not get to go to my own graduation due to my misunderstanding the due date for ticket purchasing. It was very confusing and frustrating.

Working with the financial advisors. I have had a few moments when they have guided me in the wrong direction and all of a sudden I owe them more money. Not only do I owe more money, but I am not able to continue on until it is paid. Thankfully I had the finances to cover their mistake. They said they audited their books for the year and found a mistake and I was not charged enough.