Grand Canyon University Top Questions

Amelia

This style of education is perfect for religious people and online students with little time for school.

In my opinion every kind of person should attend Grand Canyon University, this school is such a diverse melting pot and has an extremely accepting enviroment. There are people of every kind attending this school and everyone fits in in there own way. Grand Canyon is a very loving, accepting, and friendly place to be and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a college especially one where they can find out who they are as a person at.

Someone who is looking for a great school with teachers and staff who care about them. Someone serious about school and their future career.

Someone who is self motivated and is able to handle a fast paced school enviorment.

McKenzie

Students who want a smaller classroom setting and also have many campus activities to get to know more people and to be involved.

Nora

Persons seeking excellence prepared to strive for excellence.

People who are very christian and feel very strongly with their own believes but are not very judgmental about those who aren't. GCU's main focusses is christianity but there are also a lot of poeple here that arent and I find that judgemental christians often feel uncofortable and get into arguments with those who are not as "dedicated" to their beliefs, and those who are not christian often feel uncomfortable and judged when they express this opinion around campus.

Zane

Someone who like smaller sized campuses, and probably christian.

Loryn

Self-starters that can keep themselves disciplined and focus should attend this school.

Sandra

Those who are committed to making a difference in the world by starting in their local communities without losing sight of how it can influence the world around them.

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone that loves the community atmosphere. Grand Canyon is a smaller campus which is increasing with every semester. If someone is to become a GCU Lope, they should like to be involved with the school and like participating in activities around the school. The students are welcoming and the school offers chapel. The student that comes here does not have to be religious, however they must keep in mind that this is a relious-based school and there are some restrictions. Overall, they should be prepared for a fantastic time.

kaseem

someone who wants to continue there faith in whatever religion they are and if you want the best customer service and student help in the country this is the school to be in.

Carol

Anyone who wants an education and is dedicated to learning. Even the young adults coming into college, once they get their bearings to being away from home and making some of their own decisions have the world at their fingertips if they want it.

Laneic

People who are interested in a friendly enviroment but also don't want too much of the typical college party atmosphere

Hija Mae

The type of person that should attend Grand Canyon University is a student who loves to hear the word of God. For example, the campus offers chapel and gathering weekly. Basically, chapel and gathering allows students to come together to worship. Ultimately, when students focus on God and his ways, they are able to have better focus on their goals that truly matter instead of being distracted by negative influences. Those who wish to attend GCU are the types who are focused on their academics, athletics, and jobs. They believe that God has a plan and they trust in him.

I believe that there is no specific type of person that should attend Grand Canyon University because it is a campus of great diversity. With one quick glance at the campus makes it very apparent how ethnically beautiful our campus truly is. When people come to visit our school they instantly notice how genuinely nice every student is and how harmonious our campus is with all its different types of people. I strongly feel that everyone who attempts to fit in at Grand Canyon University will be accepted with open arms.

Cherie

I believe a mature, dedicated person should become a student at Grand Canyon University. This University is a Christian college, thus, one should have a faith-based strength to endure their college career. If one should chose to take on the endeavor of the online program, they must be very disciplined and dedicated to their studies. The faculty is wonderful in ways, such as, supportive, helpful, and directive if one finds themselves in need of guidance. There are many supportive venues within the University including prayer groups, on campus and online.

A person with goals and drive. If you have that, the rest is all downhill.

katie

People who are serious about their education and want to learn. It is a Christian university but any one is allowed to attend

Gwen

Grand Canyon University is a Christian based school so I would say someone that is dedicated to achieving a degree. The assignments are long and lengthy so if a person can not dedicate so many hours a day to studying and research they should not attend this school.

Denno

Anyone can attend GCU. There are no specific requirements for membership. All peoples are welcome regardless of thier religiousity. I would reccommend this university to anyone seeking an online degree. Also, to those who are of the Christian faith or are seeking answers, or are seeking to apply thier Christianity in thier life, GCU offers practical application.

Anyone who has the will power to succeed!

Edna

I do the on-line program which is best for people with previous college experience who appeal to a flexible studying environment that allow them to fulfill other responsibilities.

Commiteed to succeeding and someone that likes heat.

A goal oriented person who knows what they want to get out of their college experince is the type of person that should attened Grand Canyon University. This school gives students the chance to become completely prepared for the career they want to make in the future. I am a nursing major and even in my freshman year I have been able to take classes and gain knowlegde that I will need when I graduate and become a nurse.

Charalotte

A student interested in receiving a solid, reputable and phenomenal education without any one judging them based on their race, beliefs or backgrounds. Also, a student who is interested in extracurricular activities such as sports, prayer groups or missions in various locations benefit from an education at Grand Canyon University.

The person who should attend this school is you. If you are interested in a school that provides courses specific to a certain degree, then this is the school for you. Grand Canyon University offers both traditional and online courses. The online degree courses are particularly useful for the professional seeking to further their education but cannot commit to a traditional school program. The online courses are great for the preson who possesses knowledge of computer programs such as MS Word and PowerPoint, is comfortable working in an online environment, and can learn new concepts quickly.

Malisa

I wouldn't put an age limit on the person, thinking about attending. However, whoever decides to go needs to be determined and a self motivated person. The person needs to driven in order to complete the task and goals set before them. I believe someone with faith not only in themselves but in what God is able to do will go far. Christian faith is a strong foundation to getting started in the pursuit for futher education.

Natasha

Someone that works well with other people, a self-disciplined individual that will teach themselves when necessary. The ideal student doesn't allow distractions to take over their time, always studying appropriately, completely focusing their time and energy on what is in front of them, who doesn't mind turning off thier phone and ignoring their emails. Single-parents, experienced people coming back to received updated information in their field or improve their education are great to show an example for everyone around them. A well rounded individual who knows how to prioritize their life responsibilities with their education.

Monique

The kind of student that wants small class rooms, comfortable campus and really nice, outgoing people of different ages and backgrounds. This school is is nice because you can have a two or three classes with the same person. You get to know people and not get lost in the crowd like some big colleges. I like the positive and uplifting quality of the school. Most professors are their for you when you have questions. The study groups that they have are great. They have great activties to get involved with the community and the people.

I think anybody that is interesting in becoming a teacher should consider this school. THe programs that they carry are so great and allows you to focus on grades K-8, and is not limited to just elemantery level. Also once you obtain your degree you are eligible to teach ESOL which is becoming very popular in the school systems today. THat alone allows you broaden your ablity to get a job with any school system.

The kind of person who should attend this school is someone who is open for change, ready for growth, and wants an adventure. If you want a personal relationship with Professors who really care, and be surrounded by people who are there to help you whenever you need it, then this is the place for you. Grand Canyon University is very diverse and does not discriminate, everyone is welcome here. If you are ready to develop your mind, be prepared, because Grand Canyon University will make you into the strong man or woman you desire to be.

One that is highly motivated and wants to succeed. This school offers a wide variety of sports and activities to do in order to become involved. It is important to stay busy and active at your school.

Zakiya

Religous

Anyone seeking a quality education who wants a christian background. Low class sizes are nice.