Grand Canyon University Top Questions

Alicia

A person who is not self motivated. It is up to the individual to ensure that they know what is going on, when assignments are do and making sure that their work is turned in on time.

Raul

GCU is probably for most people. The only person I can think of that may not enjoy their stay here are people that are sensitive about relegion, or no-relegion for that matter. Because it is a Christian University, some people may take it the wrong way and not appreciate the school's view on this.

Chrlene

Anyone who does not want to work hard to get good grades.

Aminah

All students who are focused on attaining their degree will be successful in doing so. There is not a student that one could think of that would not be a good candidate to attend Grand Canyon University. The resources and support of the faculty alone makes it hard for a student to want to fail at this university. This is a school that gives a person more than hope, it assist you in seeing yourself at the end completing your goal.

Anais

A person who was not motivated and he/she did not know how to manage their time.

I will say if your not motivated about school or trying to get a education then GCU will not be a great school for you to attend because GCU is a christian college and has excellent career advice ,instructors and counelors and lots of great recources to help students learn and to be successful so that the students can graduate and on time. If you not willing to learn or follow by GCU resources You would not be the right one. GCU has upgrade on many different things especially for online courses. You can be very successful at GCU.

Kathryn

People who have a hard time balancing more than one class. I am able to take online classes, one at a time, and recieve two bachelor degrees in about 2-3 years.

mandy

People from any type of back ground could come to this school. I think you should be serious about your education if you want to attend this school. The courses are considered rigorous, and students will get a quality education at this school. If you do not like hot weather do not apply for the ground campus. Try the online school instead.

aubree

A person should not attend this school if he or she is uncommitted to giving their best in accomplishing what they came to achieve.

Mireya

If you don't like being at home and studying online, where you are able to study and have a flexible schedule, don't go here. Many people prefer to be around other people in their college experience. Online classes are not physical so you won't be able to see or talk vocally with your instructors. It is a different experience from traditional classes and it is not for everyone.

Tonesha

This university has a strong Christian based environment. It would probably not suit anyone who is not a Christian or interested in learning about Christianity.

Laura

The kind of person who should attend this school is anyone really looking for a great support group in getting started and wants to get their degree with ease.

The only peeople who should not attend the school that I attend are one who do not want to deal with religion. For I attend a christian college.

Christopher

The person who should not attend this school is the person who does not want to succeed.

Christina

No-one. I believe this school is perfect for any person who's willing to put into the time and effort.

Tavisha

A person that should not attend this school is someone who doesn not like rules and a christian strucure. This school is not a good place for someone that is looking for parties and a lively city atmosphere, because it is a christian private school that stays close to its Baptist background. Nor is it a good place for those who are not focused and/or motivated because it is the most expensive school in Arizona, and there is not much consuling asistance.

Christina

The only things that can limit a person from attending this school is if you do not have transportation to attend a ground class or you do not possess a computer to take the classes online. If you are not interested in attending a school that will guide you and lead you to a higher degree, then this is not the school for you. If you are more interested in socializing and not learning and putting to good use the tuition money being spent on your education, then this is not the school for you.

Rich

That is an unfair question. Everyone should attend a college or university to further their education, in the current world enviroment not furthering it seriously limits their future endevours. That being said, there are students in high school today that are of the mind that everything they want in this world will be handed to them,simply for the asking. Others have made the choice that being in school is a waste of their time and effort. They are the type that need an education of a different type. Possibly a few years in the military will help them.

If you do not like an all gender dorm this is not the school for you. Your boyfriend or girlfriend cannot stay the night in your room. They are also not allowed in your bedroom. They have to leave at 10 during the week and 12 on the weekend. You cannot drink or have alcoholic beverages in the dorms. You cannot smoke in the dorms. If you do not believe in religion or God this is not the place for you. Grand Canyon is a christian based college.

Mara

I don't think that it is fair to discriminate or pass judgement regarding who is or is not qualified to attend any school for higher education. However, after researching my university of choice, I have learned that it seems to be a rather "rigorous" program. Often, new students are not expecting or prepared to devote the necessary time to earn high grades. As this school is well-known for its high academic standards, I would strongly encourage any prospective students to examine whether or not they are able and willing to spend the time to excel before they commit.

Brian

Since I am attending online, I wouldn't recommend it to someone who isn't dedicated and unable to access/use a computer.

Michelle

The kind of person that should not attend Grand Canyon University is a student who is not willing to work, learn and cooperate in receiving an education.

Lucy

Well I think that Grand Canyon is a wonderful school for anyone. They have a really amazing nursing program and a really great sports program. They are alo a Christian university, so maybe if someone strongly denied Christianity, this school may not be for them, since they do have many Christian programs. They are also on the pricy side in regards to tuition, but I didn't think I had the money to go there, but I thought that my education was too important and that I would somehow someday find a way to pay for it.

Henry

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are people who do not like to learn about how they learn or are closed minded

mollie

Someone who is extremely liberal. People are very open but it is a religious school

Ursula

The Movitvated, intellectually challenged person should attend this college with ease. Being able to deversify their college years with Grand Canyon University.

Kelly

Someone who is very liberal and wants to party hard on campus. Someone who wants the "big university" exerience

Denessa

A person who falls behind very fast and doesn't pace themselves shouldn't attend this school.

Beverly

A person whom is well versed in what is going on in college. It is better to be more knowledgable as to what is going on as far as what to expect for financial aid and education.

Xavien

A person should not attend this school if they need one on one from the instructors. The instructors are not easily accessible to their students. They are very friendly and are willing to help, but do not have the time. The learning is very structured, and can tell that the sylabus comes from another source.

Eric

Party Animal. Someone who wants to go to a big school with big classes. Someone who would like to be in a crazy fraternity or sorority

Jeremy

Discimminating people that are racist and full of hate.