Grand Canyon University

« See more reviews of Grand Canyon University

In my experience the most frustrating thing about my school involves the use of APA format. I understand the importance of having it in the ciriculum. It seems every instructor will give grades more harshly than others. A student will never know which rules are most important to the instructor until they are graded for the first time. My frustration began when I did not receive assistance from my instructor when I urnestly wanted to learn my mistakes in my writing to improve and was referred to the library. The librarians didn't know the instructors expectations in his assignments.

GCU is a great school that gives a student all of the resources they need to suceed in pursuing a higher education. The only frustration I have experienced with this school thus far is not being notified by my academic advisor about a schedule change in my courses. Not even that it was a big issue having one course changed and substitued for another course. The underlying issue was that my academic advisor did not inform me of this change and that there would be a hidden cost for this change that I did not approve.

This is a very difficult question to answer for me because I have always enjoyed the challenge of learning. The only frustrating situation that I can say is that I do disappoint my children occassionally when I have a paper due or five chapters to read. As most children, they do not like the focus to be anywhere else other than at them. My school experience has been wonderful at Grand Canyon University, especially since I am in the online program which basically revolves around my schedule.

I don't consider anything about my school to be frustrating yet. I will be starting in approximately one week. One frustrating thing about being a first time college student getting close to the first day of school is the anxiety. From simple things as what are the people going to be like in my classes? To worries of how you're going to do in the upcoming semester. Regardless, it is an exciting time in life that will very rarely repeat itself.

I think the most frustrating thing is when I have had a professor that is too liberal. Sometimes they dont make it clear what they expcet. I am a very science type person . I dont do as well in Pscyology type courses because there is too much wiggle room. I like things black and white, not much gray area. I am a very artistic and creative person, but I like things to be clearly defined.

The most frustrating thing about my school is not necessarily a bad thing. With online courses, you must dedicate a certain amount of time each week to be able to keep up with the discussion with your other classmates. I feel that this can be very beneficial to many and be an aid in time management, although the amount of time you must put in may be frustrating for many.

In all honesty I dont find anything to be frustrating. I feel the school is still building to become a better campus for its students and future students so that they feel safe and welcomed. The olny thing that is kind of a damper on the school is that the neighborhood is not the safest but the school makes sure to keep it secured 24/7 for our safety.

Either how expensive it is, or the teachers not speaking english well like I stated above. Grand Canyon is a very expensive school. Even though they do give out scholarships, they refuse to work with you if you slip up in a couple classes. This is what has forced me to research other scholarships so I can pay for my education.

The most frustrating thing about the school that I go to is the e-books. I would rather read books hands-on rather than on the computer. It is hard to read the material and it strains my eyes when trying to read. I am learning to cope with it as I progress with each class.

Talking with student support over the phone is frustrating, due to their lack of knowledge of the process, and considering they sound like new college students they never seem to get short answers in a timely manner. I often have to go find out the answers myself.