Grand Canyon University

« See more reviews of Grand Canyon University

Since this is my freshman year in college there are definitely things I wish I would have had the knowledge of before attending. Some of the things I forgot about were the everyday items that I left at home. Besides the things that every freshman sometimes forget about or do not have the knowledge of I honestly feel like I knew everything I need to know before coming to Grand Canyon University. I was completely prepared for everything Grand Canyon University had to offer me simply because the admission councilors make sure you are thoroughly ready for the college experience.

The ability to know of how Christian based this school really is. This school fosters a sense of Christian identity and is a few of a handful of university that is plentiful in Christian education. I also which I could of known that I would be required to take a Christian class. Students coming here need to know of the Christianity based school this is. You meet others of diverse faiths. Opinions and ideologies are very high and caused heated debate so this school is very social controversial but one must accept others right to opinions.

I wish i would have listened to everyone else who kept telling me to stay focused. My first year I was surrounded by temptation. I strayed off course and my studies fell behind. I was an honor student in high school but I ended up failing my first year of college due to partying. I started a different school the following fall and aced my schedule. I had to leave school a year before graduation due to financial instability. Now I am 29 years old trying to finish up my degree online when I should have already graduated.

Time-management was very important during the school year, one thing that I struggled to accomplish. I wish I had known before coming to the school the independent work we had to do to become successful in each class. The time to study and work to become better than the previous exam was difficult. The activities and clubs we had, I was unaware of. If I would have known of the clubs, and when they started to meet, and where, I would have been more involved with the affiliations happening during my break time.

Well not all my classes tranfer because they only allow so many tranfer credits and i reached the max so i lost a great deal of my credits and have to retake the classes.i had payed all my loans off just to have another 4500 to pay off after i graduate.it is my hope to recieve scholarships to help with my school so i dont burdened my family with my cost of schooling.i am raising my five kids on single budget that leaves little money for school. I want to be a role model for my kids.

As I am a new student, I am most likely not qualified to answer this question. However, as I have attended other schools in the past, as well as having researched this University, I believe I can offer a genereal bit of advice to a new student. I wish I had not waited til the end of my AA to take the few classes I knew I would struggle with (science and math). I wish I had studied more in the classes I didn't like and thus just wanted to "get through". And always try your best!

I wish I had been more open to trying new things, and been more well rounded. There is so much that this school has to offer, and I needed to become more time oriented to be able to fit it all in! But to be honest, one really cannot know what to expect. Every day is a new day, and a chance to succeed. Our mistakes help us grow, so if I could advise anyone about Grand Canyon University, I would tell them to be open for a life changing experience.

I wish i had known more about the area that the school is located, because it is hard to find a job without a car. I also wished I knew more about the extra expenses, because I have spent more than what the expected rate. Additionally I wish I knew more about the tempo of the campus, and the activited available to the students.

I wish that someone would have told me a little bit of what to expect. When I first attended GCU I felt so stressed out I was super overloaded with homework. It was about the thing that ate me up inside the most the stress! Not only that but I didnt know how to work their online program the loudcloud was my worst nightmare!

I wish I known what I need to feel at home. I wish I would have know driving is a good idea no matter how long or short the drive is. I wish I knew I would need more than clothes and $500 to survive. I wish I knew taking a break after high school was a bad idea.