Grand Canyon University

« See more reviews of Grand Canyon University

Disregarding differences and putting aside biases, community and a sense of belonging is something that many desire . At Grand Canyon, because they create the best atmosphere throughout the university, it allows their students to be progressive. Having constant student involvement as well as their competitive spirit, the university creates an idealistic perspective on college life. The best thing about this university includes all that mentioned and more. Personally, through GCU I have grown in my relationships all around just through the campus activities. Every aspect plays a key role in their great environment and is thoughtfully put into place.

The best thing about my school is it's connection between education and faith. My university's mission is to help students grow academically and spiritually. However, it does not force students to participate in spiritual activities. It encourages students to make their own decisions and be a part of their own faith. The spiritual growth also has an effect on the wonderful environment at GCU. Everyone is friendly and supportive of others' beliefs and values. There's no judgement, just a desire to grow as one, spiritually and academically, in order to be successful in all of our futures.

Grand Canyon University is different from other Universities. Given it is a private university, the exclusivity a student has in his/her learning environment is great. The classes are small (approx 20-25 students), the teachers are all very open to one-on one sessions, and the community is small enough so you can organize study groups very easily. That is probably the best thing about this school. You never feel like you are alone and always have someone to hold you up. It makes for a very relaxing setting with so many friendly people nearby.

My instructors, councelors, and financial aid staff are knowledgeable and always there to assist me. My new instructors call to introduce themselves and discuss and go over the class. They are promt at giving thorough feedback. GCU is a christian school and knowing that there is an undertone of GOD being involved in my education and knowing that I can always call and speak to a pastor just adds to the alreayd supportave enviornment GCU maintains. There is no changing of councelors or advisors; they are there with you every step of the way.

The best thing about Grand Canyon University, being a Christian school, is their faith in their students and their faith in God. They believe in their students! Advisors and professors at Grand Canyon University want each student succeed in college and be well prepared for careers outside of college. They are always available to discuss needs of students, help in any way possible and do what they can to drive students in the right direction – graduation, a positive lifestyle and a career you’re prepared for!

I think the best thing about my school is that students are able to choose if they would like to go to school online or on campus. This school has a strong online program. I enjoy going online because it better fits my schedule, and the faculty is helpful and responsive. Students in the classroom are always encouraging, and helpful to their fellow classmates. No one feels left out of the class, and it's easier to feel more encouraged to speak up of opinions and about the subjects.

I enjoy the online setting. I am a single mother of a 6 year old daughter. I am mother and father to my daughter. I do not hae much help with her, so the online setting is reliable and it doesn't take as much time away from her. She ould not be able to take it if I had to campus everyday for class. I have a schedule of when I do my online class and when my daughter and I spend time together and she understands. My daughter is my biggest motivation.

The best thing about Grand Canyon University to me is that it labels itself as a Christian educational experience. I have been a student for a mere seven weeks and it has proven to be true. I am a Christian ( I prefer saint), and I enjoy studying the Bible, I enjoy meditating on the word of God, and I enjoy utilizing the Bible to complete the many assignments given. The learning environment pushes me to strive to be even the more Christ-like.

The best thing about GCU is the ability to take class online and still have the personal attention offered to traditional students. My enrollment counselor has been with me every step of the way. He call twice a week to make sure that everything is going ok and to answer any questions that I might have. His phone calls really personalize the experience. I am a name with a face not just a number behind a computer screen.

I would say that they best thing about my school is the atmosphere. Everyone is so nice and accepting. Students, faculty and staff go out of thier way for one another and expect nothing in return. Its a rare thing to be able to not only feel safe on campus but to also feel you can trust the university and your fellow students, which is something that comes easy at this university.