Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Kara

New, they are looking for people to help expand them. they have great class sizes and they offer a lot of support and help for their students. Professors seem concerned if you are missing more school than you should. Everyone is helpful. It is a very religious school, but in a good way and I'm not religious at all. It's a nice campus, people are nice, games are fun.

Dacey

I love the campus. All the professors are helpful and willing to help students. I have learned a lot of useful information that I will use for further teachings. Grand Canyon University offers a lot of activities and clubs for students. There’s always something going on that anyone can be a part of. Class sizes are also great, I get a lot out of the courses and enjoy attending the classes on campus.

Amber

My overall opinion of GCU is that it is a good school. The campus is big and continuously expanding, though it is not huge like U of A. The people are really friendly and the class sizes are manageable. Being a commuter student, I have not had the full “college experience” but what I have enjoyed what I’ve experienced so far.

Brandi

Grand Canyon University is a great school! Campus life, despite there being many students, still gives you that close knit feeling. For academics , GCU provides the necessary resources to get your degree and professors are helpful and readily available.

Ashleigh

Grand Canyon U is a small-medium size school that has very nice students and staff. The weather is great and the school is always renovating so the campus is beautiful and will be better in the future. The basketball games are crazy and we have a lot of clubs and organizations to get involved in as well as voluntary Chapel, a student-led version of Chapel called "The Gathering", and "Life Groups" held in each dorm hall for students to get together each week and grow in Christ.

Chelsey

Grand Canyon University's motto is 'Find Your Purpose' and one thing that is for sure, is that they really do want you to. With most universities, it is easy to get lost in the sea of students, but GCU offers small, intimate classes that allows you to build relationships with your professors so that they can help you reach your goals. It is not a perfect school, but you can tell when you step on campus that it is a university that strives to keep a Christian environment while delivering the best education they can.

Makaila

I feel that Grand Canyon University has the community feel and it makes it feel as if you are a part of a family, instead of just another number on campus. It is important to faculty to get to know their students, which is awesome for future letters of recommendation. I could not have chosen a better school to fit me and my personality.

thalia

Ever since I started classes in GCU, I was so amazed in what the school was capable of doing. Every time I was always unsure about something, My instructors would always be available to help me out. Although they would not give me the answer, they would drop hints but at the same time it would help me to look further in the books. My Student Counselor was helpful as well. I never attended college before GCU and she was able to guide me through the process step by step. I would always think that the ones who helped me would be annoyed because I would ask so many questions. But, They were so happy to help me and they did not lode their patience in any way. They made sure that I would be on task and ready to go.

A'Janie

Lope Country, Grand Canyon University. GCU. These are the common names of my university, and my home away from home. The downsides, including the somewhat uncomfortable neighborhoods and the lack of advertisement for us art students can make the school seem undesirable. However, the constant feeling of community, the beauty of the campus, the small class sizes, and the true compassion of professors makes the school shine brightly in the poor neighborhood. I give GCU four stars out of 5.

MEGAN

I am extremely happy with my decision to further my education at Grand Canyon University. It has such a "small school" feel in that the professors know their students by name and are always available to talk, and the classes are small, and the campus is never too crowded. The campus itself has so much character and offers many resources for us students. I have never felt lost here. There are multiple opportunities to get to know people while I receive an incredible college education.

Ryann

Grand Canyon University is overall an outstanding campus. The students and staff are super friendly and you see smiles everywhere. GCU makes it easy to feel like you are at home and are part of a big family. Academics are taken very seriously and GCU makes sure they are made a priority. GCU is trying to expand and get ready to be a Division 1 school. They have built a lot of new, very nice dorms and apartments on campus. I think they are trying to expand too quickly and aren't taking into consideration exactly all the things that need to be expanded, such as food options.

Itzel

Grand Canyon University is a good school with good programs and professors. The only bad thing is that they only care for money, they can take your scholarship away and not tell you, they give you loans with out your consent then trick you into agreeing. You have to be on your feet with the student service adviser because they will change things with out your knowledge.

Swede

Grand Canyon University is currently under the accreditation process, please if you have any evidence for violations of the academic requirements (such as the rude behavior of faculty and staff, or the none existent advisors) send a detailed complaint to the Higher Learning Commission [email protected] . Here are the parameters of the accreditation process. http://hlcommission.org/component/directory/?Action=ShowBasic&Itemid=&instid=1005&lang=en Here is the format in which they ask for the complaints. http://hlcommission.org/HLC-Institutions/complaints.html

Brooke

I absolutely adore this school and everyone I have come in contact with from day one, best experience I have had the pleasure of being apart of they have the best instructors best counselors and the best students we are all in this together and they make it known GO LOPES!!!

Jenna

Grand Canyon University is an all-inclusive Christian University that accepts students of all backgrounds, political ideologies, and personal preferences. Instructors and faculty are incredibly understanding and take the time to know students as individuals rather than a number in a spreadsheet. Everyone on GCU main campus is open to "doing life" as a community and supporting each other in whichever area of life a student may be struggling in. The main downside to GCU would be the location the campus is set in, however, this is simply due to the low-income nature of the area. As the campus continues to grow, the hope is that we help the community outside of our campus grow as well by bringing in new business and other economic opportunities. If you are considering attending GCU, visit the campus and fall in love with it yourself.

Kre'Shaye

This university ensure that their students will graduate equipped with lifelong skills .Students going to this school will be treated their own individuals instead of groups. This campus has a lot to offer, by providing students with the necessary tools to due well in school to tutoring them one on one. The size of GCU is pretty average with various of dorm styles to meet your preference, such as a single room, double room, triple room or more .

Alexander

If I had to explain how Grand Canyon University was to a new student I would say involvement plays such a huge role in this campus. Once you step onto the campus there's involvement from people joining clubs and doing sports. It never turns into a dull day just based on this involvement of people in this on campus community coming together. With this it plays such a big part on out-of-state students and in my opinion that is great because it brings people together that can then lead to new friends and study groups.

Edwin

GCU has done an excellent job to provide all necessities to become successful. The classroom sizes are the right size to provide one on one interaction with the professors. They are always encouraging the students to do their best. Aside from that, there is always a positive vibe on campus with so much to do such as sports, clubs, and other activities. This school really is the complete package.

Baylee

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University is they provide all the correct tools and resources to allow success for any student that wishes to attend this university. I feel that if you go here your opportunities are a lot broader due to the resources Grand Canyon provides to you such as career fairs in the targeted career/major the individual wishes to pursue. I have enjoyed my last two years here by going to basketball games and getting involved in the student life that is amazing at GCU. I recommend going here if you want to be able to exercise your belief of god and not be judged for anything you want to partake in.

Rida

I've heard great things about it and this is my first time attending the university but the staff is fantastic, the admin is great, I love intreating with the student body. I am looking forward to the courses that I signed up for. It's great so far!

Larissa

Great school overall! The only thing is that I've had much difficulty with the SSAs here

Ybet

I think Grand Canyon University is a great school. Everyone here is kind and helpful, from the students to professors. The classes are great and your professors are always there to make sure you get the education you need. The school offers many different clubs that make you feel apart of the Lope family.

Danielle

I think that Grand Canyon has a wonderful atmosphere where even though it is a large school it still feels like home and a family. There is something about the student body having the same passion for school spirit, but also the motivation and drive for education. Coming from out of state, I was worried about getting homesick, but the community here has made Arizona feel more like home than Washington. I would never consider going to another school, GCU is it for me. Lopes up!

Jacklyn

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University would be great. When events are happening on campus, the student body tries to spread the spirit of the event even before it happens.

SusieJean

It is the Creme de la Creme of colleges! Try it, you will love it!!!!

Anastasha

My overall opinion of GCU is that it is an incredible school because of the student populations energy, its incredible facilities/campus, and the spirit of "fun" that is present on all areas of campus. I absolutely love being a student here and 100% believe that this is the school to be at. If you are looking for a school where academics is perfectly paired with friends and fun activities then this is the school for you!

Katie

GCU has just what students need!

Ahnjellyka

Honestly, I have loved it here at Grand Canyon University (GCU) since day one. Campus life is amazing, the faculty is always willing to help if a student is struggling, and the student counselors always got back to me right away and helped me with any questions I had. GCU is a community of its own; everyone knows someone there and everyone is super friendly. Everyone is also proud to be a Lope. I could not have picked a better school to suit what I was pursuing (currently getting my Masters here too) and I am loving that they are expanding their choices when it comes to degree choices. I never once had a bad experience, whether it was with the campus life, professors, student counselors, etc. Now, the Christian aspect is what made my experience the best. I came to GCU with zero faith due to past experiences in life. While it is a Christian campus, religion was never forced. A couple classes were based on religions but never did I feel it was being shoved down my throat. With the culmination of being involved in GCU campus life, I met people so strong in their faith that it made me question why I chose to stop believing in a higher power, but it ultimately made me realize how blessed my life had been thus far, even if my prior experiences in life we not so great. I realized my calling and purpose and am getting there, a degree at a time. Thank you GCU for all you did, even if most the amazing people do not know the impact my experience here had on me.

Larissa

I love the school and the community there so much! There are many things to join with many local outreach activities to help the community and bring the love of Christ. There are a lot of the people there are friendly and nice. The only thing I would say is not so good is the SSAs and SSCs.

Calissa

Grand Canyon University is a terrific place to learn and create new opportunities for yourself. The slogan "find your purpose" fits true to this school because when you come to Grand Canyon University, you will begin to experience different environments and find out if you are truly interested in what you thought you were. I recommend this very welcoming, school to all upcoming freshmen! Go Lopes!

Aubrey

I do not attend a campus. I am a strictly online student. It seems to be a good University to attend. My first instructor is very responsive and quick to respond to questions and concerns. The work load is not too much and seems fairly spaced out through the week. There seems to really be a culture of wanting the students to succeed and join the professional world. Lots of support and thoughtful program design for the doctoral level.

zachery

amazing campus. modern yet comfortable. great people. really worked well with me to get me started. i play hockey and the equipment they have for it is amazing. really hope other find this place to be as comfortable as i did. i hope their visit goes as well as mine did

Mitchell

The college search is all about finding what school will be the best fit for each individual student, and I truly feel that Grand Canyon University is a phenomenal university that checked all of my boxes. Financially, Grand Canyon University (GCU) has worked incredibly hard to ensure its students can graduate with as little debt as possible. They own 12 different businesses (hotel, golf course, student advertising agency, etc.) that give students on-campus internship opportunities and support the University financially which has allowed GCU to keep tuition locked for over 11 years! Their counselors also work tirelessly to walk students through their time on campus to ensure they graduate on-time and with a job offer (93% of graduates graduate in 4 years or less, with 66% graduating early). GCU also offers a practical learning environment that emphasizes hands-on activities and access to professors. Each of my professors knew me personally and worked with me one-on-one during and outside the classroom. Grand Canyon Univerity also hosts fun events every week (nerf-gun wars, lip-sync battle, casino nights, etc.) and has great D1 athletic programs including one of the most energetic basketball student sections in the sport (GCU Games are the Biggest Party in College Basketball - ESPN). During my time as a student, I truly felt that GCU made an effort to give me a college experience that was both fun and productive. My time at Grand Canyon University was incredible, and I am a very proud GCU alumni and current graduate student.

Kandice

Grand Canyon University is a Christian college that affords anyone willing to put forth the effort a great education. Moreover, as one who was terrified of going back to school it has proven to be eye-opening, life-changing, breath-taking and 1derful!

DenaJo

It's a great school that's growing every day. There's many opportunities to get involved. The schools best if your more of a serious major. The school offers creative and performing arts majors and while the University's college of fine arts and production is still growing it's looked down upon by rest of the university and doesn't get a lot of support. It's not in the best area of Phoenix, but the campus feels completely safe. The school is also working to make the community better.

payton

Very pretty campus, nice people/administration. Very accessible to students. I've had a ton of my fellow students visit the campus and they've all told me how beautiful it is. And also the fact that we come from a private school and get a discount is amazing, it's nice because it's cheap and with scholarships you get cheaper even which provides opportunities for way more people.

Precious

Grand Canyon University is a great Christian school that helps to meet your needs whether you are a campus student or online student. I love the fact that the counselors along with the professors are eager to assist you every step of the way while pursuing your education.

Cynthia

It is an amazing school. Probably the best for your money. My favorite part are the teachers. They are very kind and really there to help you learn. They even have office hours scheduled everyday for you to come and get help. Another great plus are the dorms. Good amount of space for everyone. there are also a lot of on campus activities like dances and random It's really hard to not get involved at this school. Great choice!

Christopher

It is awesome and I am truly blessed to go here. It is extremely affordable for those who have trouble with finances, and there is a tight knit community dedicated to helping one another get closer to Jesus. Plus, there is a chick-fil-a on campus. What more could you want?

Yolanda

Great experience with administrators and faculty!!! Curriculum is amazing!!! I would (and have) refer all who are looking for a good school, to attend!!! They have been there to explain everything to me, and have always answered my questions with full and clear explanations for anything I needed help on!!! I love GCU!!

Marissa

I love going to Grand Canyon University. My classes are amazing and i learn so much from my professors. Even the campus is beautiful and i love just sitting in the student union and eating my lunch while taking care of my homework. So far my experience at GCU has been amazing.

Leah

Private, Christian, affordable. Those three words are recycled throughout the radio, tv commercials, and even jokingly on campus. However, they do not even begin to describe the university that has grown on so many young and educated individuals throughout the world. Grand Canyon University embodies the idea of what the perfect college should be and feel like. From the new dorms and buildings, on-campus food selections, and the exciting sports atmosphere, GCU, fully captures the spirit of freedom and fun. Aside from the perks, this university also offers many majors along with an amazing staff to help assist in learning the material. The smaller class sizes and teacher availabilities are also a plus when learning and retaining all the needed information throughout the years. As a current student, I feel that the investment I and my family have made has not gone to waste in that I am in constant reassurance of the school's ability to excel above all others. Grand Canyon University continues to grow, thrive, and reach more people every day. I am truly amazing at how this school has developed before my eyes and created an impact in so many others' lives. Private, Christian, affordable, and so much more.

Tyllisa

I appreciate the diversity and many different cultures. It allows for many different point of views within the school. The teachers are compassionate and truly want to see you succeed and I love how its a Christian based school that allows me to be closer to my faith while attending to my studies.

Catie

Grand Canyon University is an okay school. I have met plenty of people who love it and live for the Lopes, but personally, it is nothing to get too excited for. The best way to have a positive experience is to get involved and actively go to every event. There are plenty of ways to get involved, but there is not that much range in them.

Martina

Grand Canyon University is a decent school for certain majors. I have heard some students complain about certain professors in one specific major; however, STEM and business students are able to thrive here thanks to the support lent by faculty, staff, and peers. Though there is room for improvement in the academics department, the campus facilities and housing are up-to-par and lightyears better than what other schools provide. If you're looking to be employed straight out of graduation, GCU is the perfect place. As for graduate or medical school, you would have to go the extra mile here if that's your goal.

Roy

Nice campus

Mary

Grand Canyon University is an excellent university. From the enrollment counselor to the academic advisor an classroom professors, everyone you meet is cheering for you to succeed. They will ensure that you have all that you need to pursue your educational dreams. This school provides a supportive community!

Eli

Grand Canyon University is a fantastic private Christian University located in Phoenix, Arizona. Being a private university I know I am getting a quality education, that employers will love to see on my resume. What also adds to the greatness of GCU is the fact that it is a Christian based University. With that said, you don't have to be a Christian to attend or partake in any religious events on campus, but the foundation and basis of the rules and standards on campus follow the Christian belief. On campus, there are many events that someone of a Christian belief can attend such as Chapel every Monday, life groups, or concerts held in the arena. This creates an atmosphere that attracts many people, like it did me, to the school. It is also nice to know that some of the professors have a religious background in comparison as you and you can connect with them. GCU is also a very new, modern campus that is constantly growing. I love knowing that at GCU they are constantly updating their technology and buildings to accommodate their students better.

Eben

I love the school,because of the classes and the spirit they all have .It is a Christian base school and we can be taught the word of God and learn our major at the same time. To have a school that teaches the word in the society we live in today is very important to me.

Addison

Grand Canyon University is the most beautiful, kind, and welcoming university I have ever been to. Both student and professors welcome new people with open arms and are always encouraging others to do their best and keep an upbeat/ energetic attitude! I love how engaging everyone is at not only sports games but other activities as well such as karaoke, lip sync competitions, etc. I cannot imagine myself going to school anywhere else!