Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Heather

GCU has a unique environment. The sporting events are like a party and everyone brings so much school spirit! The majority of the school is fairly new so all the facilities are very nice. The dorms and on-campus apartments are super nice, clean, and not very cramped. I am super excited to be a Lope in the fall!!!

andrea

This is a school that, according to many websites and my research, has a high drop out rate with their online campus. In order to be successful, one needs to be self-motivated and dedicated to a rigorous work schedule in order to get work done in a timely manner. If you need to be coddled or walked through courses, my suggestion would be to find another school.

Chloe

Seems like a fun school but not for me. It was a very energetic school filled with a variety of students. It is a moderately easy school to get into and seems to be a good option for students. They’re scholarship opportunities are vast and are a good option.

Tristan

I love the school it has a great environment and people are very friendly. We have our own police so safety is a huge thing. Plus the sports and activates and enormously fun and its always fun to hang out with friends. But most importantly we are here to learn and the professors are great at helping others if needed. It is an overall great place to be.

sarah

I am very happy with Grand Canyon University. Once I am finished with this degree I would most likely start another with them. They are very helpful. The classes fit my life style and my learning curves. My counselor also always tries to find a way to help and assist.

Aubrey

I love GCU and the people that work there and all of the facilities. It’s a great college. Everybody there is so nice and is willing to help out whenever. The food there is amazing and I love how there’s always something to help anybody no matter what their situation is.

Emely

Grand Canyon University is a great school and it is a great school if a person is interested in the health care profession. Moreover, the class room sizes are about medium size which is nice if a person does not like huge lecture halls. To add on, there are a lot of useful resources if a person is having trouble in a class and the professors are always willing to help.

brooke

Grand Canyon university has an amazing campus. The professor are always there for the students and ready to help when needed. The classes are easy to navigate and always open when you need extra help. Everything about this college is amazing and I cannot wait to continue my education through them.

Xavier

I like GCU. It is very supportive. Instructors are available. Overall it has been a good graduate experience for me.

Scarlett

It's a good school and has a very engaging community on campus. There are annoyances, but no more than are present in regular day to day life. They gave me a really good scholarship to come here and there are a lot of opportunities on campus. so it's definitely a positive on the financial front.

Kelsea

its only my freshman year but its not going so well because people are rude most of the times, but as far as the school in general goes its is ONE School spirit school. Tons of fun all over campus. lots of clubs to join and some teachers care for their students.

Madeline

Grand Canyon University is great no matter what you are majoring in. I have visited here more than a couple of times and never have I feel as if I do not belong. Students passing by with always greet you with a smile and have no problem in helping you if you are lost. You will always feel welcomed and safe no matter the day or time.

William

Grand Canyon University is a growing community. The staff and faculty are very friendly from inside the classroom to the inside of the administrative building. I am a current alumni at Grand Canyon University and I am very pleased with the 4 years of school that I attended. I met and made some great friends along the way because of the schools extra curricular activities it has going on. I don't think I could have found a better University to attend!! Lopes up!!

Jacklyn

I love how the campus is small and almost everything is on campus.

Zabdi

I feel like I do not have to worry about fitting in and also getting lost. In this school, you do not have to worry about getting into fights or finding people doing drugs. This school it security makes you feel safe. Also if there is a problem going on in the campus you know where you can get help. There are also some programs or after school activities and they can help you get the help you need to pass the class or get more help that you need at the school. As there are academic clubs, there is also sports clubs and even student engagements. When there is a sports event going on you that the whole school is ready and proud of the team, everyone is willing to cheer the team on and support the team when the game starts till when it ends. If there also a club or an idea that you have. You are welcome to bring it to the school staff, and they will try there best to do what they can to make it happen. If not they will work there best to find a way. Also, the resource that they offer at the school makes it feel like you are at home and the campus look makes it such a beautiful place to take a picture and also make it a place where you can sit down and relax. You will find a different type of people and even though they might be different from you. You can smile at them or greet them, but they also respond back.

Eboni

Grand Canyon University overall is a good college. There are some things that can be better, like the pricing of food in the small markets on campus, but other than that the school is great. Something I really like is the size of the college; You won't have a hard time making friends on campus. I also like that the school hold many different events, like winter formal, to allow students to have fun while being safe.

vanessa

I think Grand Canyon University is a good and safe environment for adults to keep expanding on their education. I personally think it is not a college but more of a highschool. They treat us like kids but then expect us to act as adults. We are suppose to be in college not over extending our stay in highschool.

Julia

With flourishing knowledge in classrooms, amiable encouragement at every corner, cleanliness that resembles Disneyland's cleaning obsession, an abundance of academic and social events occurring daily, Grand Canyon University shows love to all who enter.

Gabriella

Grand Canyon University is a good college with a tight net community and a good education. Teachers are nice and approachable, and there is always something going on around campus. There are some improvements that can and should be made, but overall I am satisfied with the GCU and plan on graduating from this university.

Landa

I enjoy Grand Canyon University. The atmosphere is serene, yet students are highly motivated. Staff members are very approachable and supportive. Students are traditional and non-traditional students. By having a mixture of students, the learning environment is enriched. Also, programs are offered to meet the needs of students rather than the needs of the University. After all, the students are the people that make up the University. I like that Grand Canyon caters to the needs of the students. It serves the needs of the students which makes Grand Canyon a better institution of higher learning.

mariah

My overall opinion about Grand Canyon University is that it is a great school. I really enjoy how the class sizes are small, which makes it easier to get a hold of the professors if you have a question. I also enjoy the campus even though i do wish it was bigger i enjoy that it is small because it makes it easy to find classes. Grand Canyon is an overall great school. GO LOPES!

Peenela

GCU is honestly a juvenile college. I feel like I am treated like a 13-year-old with the obscure rules (even my own brother is not allowed in my room and the door needs to be propped open with a brick). Yes, I understand it is a Christian college but it is too bubbly and almost fake to me. I am transferring out but if this is your thing then go for it.

anadja

It is a great school and the professors go above and beyond to ensure the success of their students ! It’s a great place to be and they are centered around christ and the Christian Worldview so it’s nice to be apart of a school that relies on faith !

I love GCU! I love the community, atmosphere, and the endless amount of opportunities. There are plenty of growth opportunities for spiritual life and for advancing your career by getting involved in the clubs and student life. Everyone is friendly and engaging and I would highly recommend GCU to anyone wanting to pursue a great college.

Alexa

I will be going to GCU 8/2018. Everyone was more than helpful during my college visit. I plan to play woman's lacrosse. I loved the school and the team so much I gave up D1 and D11 offers to be a part of the GCU Woman's Lacrosse team! Go Lopes! I am super excited to be a part of GCU. The facility is clean, safe, friendly and beautiful!

Grand Canyon is one of the most amazing places i have ever had the chance to be. I am so looking forward to becoming a lope this summer. My older sister went her and she loved it so much that she convinced me to go on a GCU discover which when i got there i was beyond amazed. Their Christ centered learning and the campus it self is well worth being a part of.

Elise

Grand Canyon University is the best college i have ever visited. The school focuses on the religious aspects of learning, effective ways to get involved throughout the community, and creating healthy relationships with other students. I love Grand Canyon University and everything they stand for. I can't wait to become a Lope!

Mariah

Grand Canyon is an amazing school. I hope to graduate and get all my degrees here to further my education and make an impact on life for others and around the world. Grand Canyon is the school to help me achieve that. So far, they have provided me with everything I need to succeed and I will never give up because of them.

Michelle

If you are an extrovert who loves big parties, loud stereos, and tons of people and who is getting a degree in anything other than Graphic Design, then this is the school for you. If you are a humble introvert who strives to become an animator, then this school is a nightmare. Quiet places away from people are non-existent, swearing and obnoxious music abound, most of the professors in my program do not know how to teach, the online learning platform is one of the worst I have ever come across, and the staff lack competency and a sense of urgency. The only positive notes I have heard from the more outgoing people I know are the fun chapel sessions, the events, the crazy basketball games, the intramural sports, and the presence of law enforcement.

Marisol

Grand Canyon University has been very welcoming after my first semester. There are many clubs to join where one can find their place among a group of like minded people. The teachers are very reliable and helpful and classroom sizes are just the right size. The religious and spiritual life at the university are my favorite part because you can always find some type of encouragement and there's always someone willing to help.

Joann

It is a great school. They are very supportive with the students and easily accessible. I graduated my BSN from GCU and now a few more months into graduating my Master’s. Tbey offer scholarships and discounts for Students. The counselors are all always there to assist the students and professors are very easy to communicate with.

Joy

Good school overall. I took online classes and likely most of my instructors, but One thing I didn’t like was the fact that you had to participate in group projects, usually ones that involve a PowerPoint presentation or something like that. Often other classmates refused to participate and that was very frustrating.

Ericka

Grand Canyon University is great! I love the religious involvement and opportunities on campus and the overall positive religious vibe that the school has. There are many faith opportunities here, but we are not required to attend any religious events. Overall, GCU lived up to my expectations and I am glad that I decided to make GCU my home for the next four years

Julia

i love it!!!

Bianca

I believe Grand Canyon University is one of the best colleges for a student to attend. Although it may not match up in size to the larger universities, such as Arizona State University or University of Arizona, it has much more culture than any school could ever compare to. The culture at Grand Canyon University is remarkable. All the students are welcoming and active on campus. The professors are helpful and welcoming. The academics are very realistic and practical for future careers. Grand Canyon University is a great university and it provides students the adequate resources to set them up for future endeavors.

Getsemany

Grand Canyon University is a great place to attend. They have all kinds of activities a student can participate in. I like that the class sizes are small and a professor can help you a little more. Professors have 5 hours of office hours. They have bible study groups and gathering every Thursday at 8 pm. I really like GCU.

Melanie

I love GCU. It is a spiritual based college. I have recommended it to several of my friends.. I am a 45 year old woman and I was very frightened to go back to school. I am no longer afraid . My counsellors and my instructors are so welcoming and very helpful in my journey to succeed.

jennifer

Grand Canyon Univ. has a very welcoming environment. People are very optimistic. The campus is snug and very taken care of. I love it! Not to mention the sports and all the extracurricular activities. D1 baby! it's also a very diverse campus with clubs for every diverse background. Amazing 5 star over all.

Alexandria

It is a great University. Classes are well organized and staff provides exceptional support to students. The campus is absolutely gorgeous! All of the buildings and dorms are brand new and state of the art. Food options on campus are endless, everything from Chick-fil-a, Einsteins Bagels, Panda Express, Subway, The Habit Burger, and more. The student body is growing rapidly making basketball games and all school-wide events huge and extremely spirited. Although the campus is much larger than in past years it is still the perfect size to grow and meet new people while still keeping a close friend group and not feeling like just a number. The organization on campus is spot on, events are always well prepared for, occur often, and are open to everyone.

Ryan

This is the best place to learn and meet some of the most wonderful people. Everyone is engaging and is always ready to assist anyone who may need it. The professors are involved and they care about each student. They make you feel that they want every student to succeed.

Jill

Overall my opinion about Grand Canyon University is great. They really care about the students and want them to feel safe. Also to get involved in the activities and events that are going around campus. It's such a faith based campus. Being that the campus is in Phoenix there is so much to do.

Ashlee

Overall a very wonderful school. The teachers are very accessible and helpful and do everything that they can for their students. Student life is very active and lively, housing is very nice, food is decent, the campus is overall very safe but there is not any harm in going out in groups/telling someone that they are going out. The school is very great as a whole, and I would recommend it to everyone.

Alexanderia

Grand Canyon University is a great school! The classes are really easy to find and don't last too long so, there is plenty of time for homework and other activities; while the professors are amazing and are there to teach. If you want to change your major, it is also fairly easy to do within your first semester.

Katie

I love the atmosphere of GCU, there is always someone to hold the door for you or make you feel special. The professors actually want you to succeed. It's easy to get involved and make new friends. There is always something fun going on on campus. The campus feels like it's its own city which makes you feel safe.

Overall opinion of this college is outstanding I am an online student but I am always in touch with my SSA's my classmates. My teachers are always available and no matter what they are always right there to help you get along any problem that comes your way. My college is outstanding and always there for anyone who needs help.

Marlena

Grand Canyon University is a very encouraging school, it shows great leadership from the teachers and staff to the students. Everyone on campus cares for each other and they really care about your future.

Alicia

GCU is a great school, everyone is friendly, it is a great loving enjoyable environment. I love it. I have met some amazing friends and people and we will be friends for ever I already know. Some of the professors can be a little strict but they are always available to help you and make sure you're obtaining all the resources possible to succeed. GCU is overall an amazing school.

Madison

GCU is such a great school, though I do not want to sound biased. Before I attended this university, everyone on campus was and is so humble. Not one person so far have I met was not open-minded and considerate. I love this school, the atmosphere is so welcoming. Plus the worship and religious opportunities are available to those who want it and I love how they do not shove the Christianity in your face. I am Roman Catholic and I am religious, but I feel like that I beneficial to those who do not consider themselves apart of a religion.

Audrey

It is a great school, I am a graduate student and I attend online so, some of the answers aren't exact to what some who is physically there would say. It is great by all accounts of me being online. The professors are there whenever you need them, usually thy respond quickly.

Morgan

Grand Canyon University is an outstanding school! Everyone around campus is friendly, helpful, and full of energy, making it such a lively atmosphere. Whether is be huge dance parties, midnight breakfasts, concerts, pool parties, guest speakers, intermural sports, karaoke nights, or wild basketball games, there is always something fun to do here! Being a student at GCU, I have noticed that the professors and employees are all very encouraging, personable, and are concerned about every students' wellbeing. Overall, I feel like GCU is having a very positive impact on not only the students, but the communities surrounding the school as well!