Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Jocelyn

Grand Canyon University is an incredible place to earn a degree. This school not only offers great eduction and affordable prices, but this university also teaches students life lessons. At GCU I feel as if I am at home.The faculty does a great job of caring for the students and ensuring they are prepared for the next level in their lives. I am very satisfied with my decision on attending GCU!

Gladis

It is a good school

I don't really life it here at Grand Canyon University, which is why I'm transferring to University of Idaho next fall. I just don't fit in here at GCU because I'm not a Christian so people don't really like me because of that and I feel like an outsider. It's also just not a very well developed film program. The biggest factor is that I really don't like the campus because it's far too small and condensed. I also just really miss the pacific northwest.

Brooklynn

I’m love the overall campus feel and the community made on campus. I’ll be attending this fall and I’ve never been happier with a decision than the one to attend GCU. Most students find their home and friend group relatively early on but aren’t afraid to reach out and get to know more people, which is great for anyone who is very sociable!

Faith

I love GCU. I wish that it was CACREP accredited but they were forgiving of my poor undergrad GPA. I was very stressed about being able to do my master's degree, but GCU is forgiving and took me on a probationary period. I was accepted and it is not an easy or flop university. They are Christian based and it shows through in their teachers, staff and throughout the campus. I am not Christian but I still feel comfortable and accepted as a student.

Royce

I think Grand Canyon is an awesome school. They are very concerned with student overall experience throughout the semester. They are always hosting events so people can get to know other students. At least every month they are having meeting where people can meet the academic advisors and presidents of their majors. GCU is ranked high when it comes to student’s involvement with all the sports game activities. There are always festivals going on for all the major holidays. They awards scholarships to people who have an exceptional GPA. The campus is very clean and friendly, they try their best at keeping everyone safe by making sure you show your badge every time you come on campus. They offer a variety of foods healthy to non-healthy. GCU is a Christian based campus so every subject they include the Christian worldviews into their topics. They offer chapel sessions in between class and your families can come on campus and attend. For students who are commuters as myself they always have events going on so you can socialize and meet people who are majoring in the same field as you. When you are having a hard time in a subject they offer late night sessions so you could get your work done on time.

I'm not much of a social person that will sit till 2 am in the grass area and hang out and meet new people. But, this school is pretty social and friendly if you are one of those people. I'm kind of here to get my degree and go, not really to socialize, mainly because Nursing is really difficult. The sports area is pretty cool, everyone gets together, dresses up and has fun at the games. I think its a perfect school for people that love socializing and love being out and about around school.

jenaiah

Grand Canyon University gives students a chance to explore their educational interest as well as there beliefs. The community is extremely welcoming and there is something for every student. Students from all different backgrounds can find a home at GCU, the options are limitless.

I believe that Grand Canyon University has the best interest in mind for all it's students. Every time I visited in the past, everyone seemed friendly, open-minded, and well-educated. I love the over atmosphere of the campus. The colors make it seem bright and full of energy! The basketball games are crazy and everyone in the Havoc section knows the drill when they score. I feel like everyone there is active on campus and is always willing to lend a hand. I am planning on attending this August as a Freshman, and I am so excited to discover the real experience for myself!

isaiah

A very Christian environment, I feel very safe on campus. I love the professors and there is always a way to get help.

I really loved the experience that I received when I went to visit their campus. They were so kind and welcoming. I couldn't believe how kind everyone was and how much they wanted me to be there. It has an amazing atmosphere that I would want to join.

FRANCES

Grand Canyon University looks like rainbows and sunshine from the commercials and campus tours, but once you’re here it’s a different story. The school is for profit, which I really didn’t think would make any difference. I was wrong. This place is run like a business. Administration doesn’t care about you, just your money. The academics are very hit and miss. Most freshmen nursing students don’t make it past the first year because it’s so hard, but other majors don’t struggle at all. It doesn’t take much to get 100% in a class. GCU is constantly spending their money building more buildings when they should hire more teachers. Most students will have to take online classes at some point because there is no possible way for them to get into a class in a classroom. Overall, GCU isn’t worth the hype. Go spend your money on a better quality education somewhere else.

Gina

Grand Canyon University is exceptionally well at educating their alumni. Their motto is “find your purpose,” and being a student there I believe they are pushing me to find mine. GCU also offers a lot of clubs for a variety of different things, for example there’s a creative writing club, an acapella club, and even a Catholic’s club even though it is a Christian University.

Isabelle

I love it it is a place I can now call home!! lopes Up!,

Juli-Ann

I have been attending GCU for a year. I am one of the many online students that the school has over the US. I believe that the online program is so great and that everyone that works with us is there to help us be the best that we possibly can be. I love knowing that I can call my advisor and get help when I need it or when I need something explained. I am grateful that my teacher are there for me to help answer questions when I am stuck on a homework assignment. I would say that this school is really great for anyone who is in need of a online curriculum and know that they will always have help there for them.

Janica

this first time that I went to GCU was really fun because i got to see all the buildings and dorms and even meet the people. I also love the community that GCU has. there are also a competitive community and has many opportunities for future students.

Gracie

I love Grand Canyon. Personally, I love the atmosphere a lot. There is always something to do, but it's the students' own choice to job clubs, attend sporting events, and talk to people. I started to go to the basketball games, and the life the students have in the student section makes me enjoy basketball when I myself am more of a football girl. Go figure! I love my professors and IAs. Many know my name and are approachable. With me being so nervous, I feel more confident going during office hours for help. Sometimes, I see them just siting outside in the Student Union and have come up to them for help. I love the food, yet sometimes I do get tired of it. I mean I am a girl who loves her authentic Mexican food. There obviously are things they can change. I'd say the freshman dorms are farther away, and the University Success class is a hassle to do. Overall, I love Grand Canyon and would not choose to go to any other school.

keturah

GCU is an amazing school with amazing people. I absolutely love it! There are always someone their that will talk to you and make sure everything is good. At most universities they won’t care if you get a bad grade but here at GCU they will make sure that everyone has an opportunity to pass their classes they will make the effort to reach out to you if they feel that you need the extra help.

I love GCU! I am an online student, but I love my courses. I am learning so much. Just like any college course that I take, classes can be a challenge but if I ever have a question, I know that I can email my professors with confidence. GCU has high expectations set for their students because they know that those expectations can be met.

Gabriella

I love the campus, the people, and the culture. It is most everything I looked for when college searching and I am glad and happy with the decision I made. I do think things need to change or be added but it is an amazing school and I would definitely recommend the school to others.

Brittni

This is a wonderful college to attend! Everyone here is so welcoming and help fun and there are great teachers here that want to help you succeed. There are areas to go to get help in classes and plenty of office hours to attend. There are also a lot of sporting events and social events to attend to keep students engaged.

Borg

I love this school! The teachers are attentive and get involved with converstions. Although it sometimes takes awhile to receive grades, the teachers let you know at the beginning of each class that papers and grades might take up to a week for review. One downside is the cost of student loans but that is something that is expected for higher learning degrees. I plan on going the distance with this school while maintaining honors the whole time. Due to my prospects after school, be it another degree (which I'm already accepted into, thanks to Full Sail University) I plan on enjoying life to the best of my abilities.

ABIGAIL

Grand Canyon University is an excellent school! There so many clubs, events, and groups to get involved in. The professors are amazing they care about you and only want to succeed. The atmosphere is so welcoming and awesome! Just everything about this school is amazing the food, the housing, the classes, and the professors. I wouldn't want to change schools anytime soon! Go Lopes!

Although I just enrolled, I definitely am excited to start my journey with this school. Everyone is very hands-on and it seems like its going to be a great place to learn. I am also excited to have a team to cheer on. Over all I would say the school has a lot of offer its students, the faculty is also really helpful which is rare to find

Genesis

Grand Canyon is a great place to find your purpose! The environment is calm and friendly to help you focus on your classes and make great friends as well. The God centered campus helps you grow both spiritually and academically. The courses you take help you become a critical thinker and a great collaborator.

Kimberly

So far, I have had an amazing experience at Grand Canyon University. The staff has been incredibly helpful in every situation. The curriculum is fascinating and I am confident that upon graduation, I will be equipped to be an effective leader of a health care team.

Savannah

I love this school. The environment is great and very positive. It's a huge school full of great people. Academics are very good and allow everyone the opportunity to get a degree. Extracurricular activities and sports are a huge part of this campus and everyone gets involved!

Overall, GCU is an okay school with both pros and cons to it. GCU is a great school for students who are Theology and business majors but if you're a student who happen to be in a different major it honestly is not the right school for you. If you ask students around campus if they are more than likely going feel ambivalent about GCU.

Jenna

I have dreamed about attending this school ever since my first GCU basketball game. The students had an immense amount of school spirit and the atmosphere was something I longed to be apart of. GO LOPES!

Trista

GCU is an amazingly supportive school. The faculty and professors are there to help you succeed. The curriculum is appropriately challenging and you are given every opportunity to succeed. I loved my time here and highly recommend this university to anyone looking into higher education. I am very proud to be a Lope! It was a great learning environment and it definitely expanded my thinking and scope of what I wanted to achieve. The only downside was I was a fully online student and when I went to campus to graduate, I did not know anyone. I feel like that could be improved upon. However, the overall experience with staff, professors, and other students was memorable and something that I cherish.

simranjit

I am currently a freshman at grand canyon university and I'm so in love with GCU. Everyone on campus is so friendly and caring. It just feels like I'm home when I'm on campus. All the teachers at GCU are really helpful as well. The food is good and also there are many healthy options as well. I love the learning lounges at GCU. We can get as much help as we want during our professor's office hours, that's what makes you such an amazing university because all the teachers are always willing to help every student. Another thing I really like is that Gcu has chapel every Mondays so it's really nice for students who don't have cars on campus to attend that. There are events that go on almost every week, just to keep all the students engaged. I wouldn't choose any university over Gcu because its perfect in every way possible.

Tosha

Best choice I ever made was enrolling here. It's a place where you feel compassion, respect and a strong love for God! Wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I would highly recommend it to everyone I know and trust my own children to attend here with confidence that they are in a safe and loving environment.

Shawna

Overall, Grand Canyon University is not your college you find in the movies. It is really the best colleges I have been at and the staff are so nice and helpful. The students are so eager to learn and nice as well. The campus is truly a stare to look at, the purple is an inviting color. I promise this college accepts all!

Kaitlyn

I think Grand Canyon University is an amazing campus which gives its students their best chance of success possible. The facilities are amazing and are all state of the art. The dorm rooms are also amazing and very spacious. I think the dorms make it very simple for new freshmen to make friends.

Cassidy

Grand Canyon University is a great university. It has a great sense of community and is very welcoming for new and existing students. The professors truly care about their students and it is evident that they want them to succeed not only in their majors, but in life in general. Campus is very clean and the buildings are well kept and new. Overall, Grand Canyon University is an amazing place to be.

Roxanne

I liked the University because of the degrees it offered. The online availability is also extremely helpful. in the end, the fact that it was a private christian university is what convinced me to choose it among its competitors. I'm enjoying studying here, it really has been a great experience.

Lexus

Overall great and wonderful school, I would recommend it to every student graduating from high school, or want to transfer. Not only does Grand Canyon University provide wonderful academic resources, the campus is safe and friendly. It is very easy to make friends their.

Cynthia

It is a great school where they care about the students. They have advisors who are with you every step of the way to make sure you succeed. The class sizes are manageable. The online learning system is easy to navigate and the online professors are always available.

emily

I will start off by saying I highly recommend Grand Canyon University to anyone looking into an online college. I attend GCU online but have been to their campus several times, the campus is absolutely beautiful and modern. The main reason I love GCU is I feel as if they really know what they are doing when it comes to online school, they have figured it out and they do it well. I was nervous when starting school but the way they have structured the classes, every class is the same. The content changes but you always have an assignment due on Sundays and Discussion Questions due Wednesdays and Fridays. This is amazing for students who are working full time jobs or are parents. The reason this is great is because once you can get the routine of class work into your life, you are set for the next few years of school until you graduate. It is really difficult when every new class you start you have to relearn the class routines for that quarter, but GCU keeps the routine going, reducing the stress you can get when starting a new class, wondering if you will be able to handle the new class. The content and assignments are extremely relevant to what you will be doing after you graduate. I have never had an assignment that I felt was irrelevant to my field of study and I usually enjoy the work given and the majority of the instructors are very helpful and willing to work with you. I am so glad I attend GCU, lopes up!

Grand Canyon University is a private Christian school that is always filled with life. Friendly people and friendly staff. They truly care for our education and want us all to succeed. They offer many tutoring opportunities with staff or students. It is a fast growing campus with many places to visit to shop and eat. We are also known for a basketball team and that’s where we show our purple pride. This school has so much energy and pride overall a great school to be in.

Grand Canyon University is a place where opportunities come to your doorstep, instead of having to leave home and search for them. The Career IMPACT Center has connections with many alumni and partnerships with both small and large companies, so the ability to find ambitious job and career opportunities after graduation. Even though ASU-- #1 in the nation for innovation, is next door-- GCU offers many research and development programs that are easy to access, yet still competitive. At GCU, every student holds value, and has a role in the community. Even with a campus of almost 20,000 students, attendees can still find a club or activity to be involved, and to have a voice among the thousands that attend. No one will ever feel like an outcast or uninvolved in this close-knit community; there are opportunities for every student willing to take a risk and take the plunge into their future.

Caitlyn

At first I was thrilled to attend GCU in the fall and after one semester I left having to pay lots of money to leave. I wish the spiritual life on campus was better, however they did have a lot of spiritual activities to partake in. Lastly, GCU advertised the ability to create your own major and in the end, they did not allow me the opportunity to take only general education class as opposed to taking major directed classes.

Emilee

I am a campus visitor, but will be attending GCU in the Fall. I absolutely love the campus, the atmosphere, the class sizes, the programs offered, the stores/food options available, and a lot more! I also love the Christ centered culture, it really brings everyone together!

Angela

I love Grand Canyon University, it has everything that I need. The counselors are very compassionate and encouraging. Therefore, they go that extra mile to ensure you are on the right track to pursuing your educational goals. Although the professors have an open door policy, they also make sure that you are comfortable with verbalizing your opinions and concerns.

David

Grand Canyon University is a welcoming Christian college that accepts everyone. From intramural sports, to division 1 NCAA sports, to club sports, GCU has it all. The teachers are great and will always help you when asked. The schedules are flexible and can go around your schedule.

Christina

I love this school. The support is ridiculous. They refuse to let you fail if your willing to put in the effort. It is expensive so I may have to take some of my classes at the community college but wish I did not have to. The program is well thought out and I never wonder if I have all the resources or information I need. Thank you GCU for being the difference between success and failure, at least for me.

Christine

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University was that it has a beautiful campus. Everyone is really friendly and chill and it is easy to get to your classes. The professors are cool too and the food here is amazing! And outside of campus there a countless restaurants, buffets, clubs, malls, fast food, and etc. Go Lopes!

Andrew

The campus is new and constantly expanding. The facilities are organized and classrooms are easy to find. The new engineering building has some great labs and equipment for students to use and older lecture halls are kept relatively small. Professors are given everything they need to ensure everyone in the room is hearing and seeing what is being presented.

Alecea

Grand Canyon University does a great job at being at a personal level with its students. You feel at home in the small tight knit community. There is something for everyone. Yes it is a private Christian school but it is never forced down your throat and it makes it that much more enjoyable. LOPES UP for life!

Wilfredo

I am extremely impressed with Grand Canyon University and recommend it to everyone researching a university to attend. Initially, I was a bit intimidated about the "College Life" after seeing movies like "Animal House" and "Revenge of the Nerds," however, I was pleasantly surprised of the Christian atmosphere on Campus.