Grand Canyon University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Grand Canyon University

Akaya

I think Grand Canyon University is a great school. I highly recommend high school seniors and juniors to apply. The people who run the University are always positive and helpful. The students are kind and also helpful. The teachers are always available if any student needs help

Geoffrey

Grand Canyon is a great school. Friendly staff and students, and small, personable class sizes. I would say that the best benefit that this school offers, is the campus housing. The dorms are very nice and large. Saftey is a big priority on campus which I appreciate and they take academics in high regard. The only thing I would change would be having more eatery options on campus and if the neighborhood around the college could be improved. Besides this, Grand Canyon is a great school to be attending.

Grand Canyon University offers great online programs. They use this website called loud cloud which is designed very well. It is easy to manage and get through the class'. Proffesors are always there to help and easy to get a hold of. They all even call a few weels into the class to introduce themselves. All the counselors are very active and helpful.

Christopher

The atmosphere is amazing. Everywhere you go there is a friendly face.

Asha

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University, is that the school is very organized, it has a friendly environment, I love that everyone at this school is there to encourage one another. The vibes on campus, make you feel as if you are already at home.

Maria

Grand Canyon University is an amazing school that gives the students many opportunities to succeed. The teachers and the staff are extremely kind and they want you yo succeed also. Overall, if you like the christian environment, this school may be the right fit.

Brian

I have had an extremely good overall experience at Grand Canyon University. The advisor I have has been extremely helpful he walked me through the entire process. When he made my schedule he made it so I can still work my regular hours that was very helpful. The school also has been very nice by giving me gifts. A couple of weeks before class ended at college they had a bag full of different items as a gift. My sister also went there and she had a good experience as well the advisors there are very helpful they make time to see you when you want to see them. They make themselves available to try to give you the best options to fit classes when they most suit you and your other daily obligations. They are have calling me regularly to see if I have any questions about anything or if I need help with anything. They are calling me about the soccer club I asked about, they were fast in calling me to see if I was still interested and if I had any questions.

Kimberly

This university allows students to find their purpose and grow in their spiritual beliefs in God. Students are most of the time given the chance to get mentored in their courses. Grand Canyon University has shown to their students the importance of reaching their dreams.

Travis

I transfered this last academic year and had one of the best experiences ever, I highly recommend this school. They do everything to make sure that you are well taken care of while being enrolled there. The school creates a sense of independence while also offering every opportunity to be successful.

Hyo Sang

I always tell people that my 4 years of college was great because of my school providing me a great experience. GCU has a healthy and unique environment where the typical college partying isn't a daily basis. The fellowship with friends and outside the classroom activities is a big part of most of the student body's daily life. If you're looking to party all 4 years, this may not be the school for you. But if you're looking for great fellowship and fun outside the classroom activities (hiking, sports, art, etc.), this may be the perfect place for you.

Jassmen

The staff are compassionate and easy going.

Bonita

The campus is gorgeous and the community is so amazing. There are always event going on so its hard to be board. There are hundreds of clubs for everybody and the students are so sweet. The professors are always available and wanting to help you, also only the professors teach classes. Unlike other schools that sometimes have graduate students teach. There is a big security force and gates around the school so you are very protected.

Tabitha

My overall opinion of Grand Canyon University is that this school provides students from all over the country to achieve a goal. There is a great staff and each student is provided with a personal team of supporters that consists of your university counselor, student services counselor, field experience counselor, Instructor and Instructor assistant so there is never a reason to feel alone.

Shelly

The campus is beautiful. Everyone is kind and considerate

Victoria

It is a great school, my advisors call every week to check up on me and how I am doing in my classes. They care about my educations and make me feel apart of the school even if I attend it online! The people I have encountered online have been very helpful and friendly. I would recommend people to come to GCU!

macie

Great university with tons of opportunities for everyone no matter your goal. The college gives people of all scenarios the chance to earn their education no matter where they live or even what they plan on getting a degree in. I am an online student getting my masters degree in Colorado because this school is the only one who has the degree and program I want.

Mike

Highly recommend. Very user friendly format and lots of support. I received both my BSN and MSN degrees from GCU. will recommend this school to anyone that's ready to get it done quick . I would go back for my PHd if I ever decide to pursue. I was an online student and referred a friend who also had a great experience. Thank you Homeworklance.com to help me in my university homework assignments

Marlena

Biblical and outgoing

Dorothy

I am actually an online student. The online community is very large for Grand Canyon University. As a someone who is continuing my education, I find the online curriculum rich and comprehensive. The teachers and staff are easy to communicate with and helpful despite the online presence. The program I am in as an "adult learner" lessons the awkward transition from what I was accustomed to as a campus goer. Careful consideration is given to prepare students for the online experience.

Rebecca

Grand Canyon University is everything I thought it would be. From the perfect class sizes to a ton of great activities and clubs and teams to participate with, the school environment is perfect. It's almost impossible to be bored because there is always something going on. While there may not be frats or sororities, new clubs are always being formed and old clubs being renovated to become even better than before and students are constantly creating new bonds and family like relationships. The campus is safe with public safety posted at all entrances as well as riding around campus. They are always willing to help and do everything they can as fast as they can to ensure safety. The professors are easy going and very relatable and make their teaching styles fit their students. I couldn't have asked for a better college experience because GCU has got it covered.

Adi

Ever since I transferred Grand Canyon University this past school year, I have noticed that they strive for the best for their students in receiving their education. The professors are helpful when it comes to students reaching their goals both inside and outside the classroom, whether it is helping them with a topic covered in class, or a with a career opportunity in the field that they are majoring in. The university's environment is safe as there is security all around campus 24/7. I would recommend this college to those who are just graduating high school or even going back to school, because in the end it would all be worth it.

Bradley

This is my first year at GCU and so far I am very impressed with the school and it's awesome facilities. I would highly suggest visiting the school so you can see the amazing dorms and experience the flow of the campus for yourself, you will be sold too.

Varia

My opinion on Grand canyon University is amazing, I have my heart set on this university. The campus tour was very helpful to make my decision because Grand Canyon University has an outstanding campus. The tour guider makes people feel welcome and gives me helpful feed backs about how nice students and the nice surroundings is to her.

Benito

The Grand Canyon University community is amazing. The opportunities GCU offers students are incredible.

Kaleigh

For me, home is 1,260 miles away from Grand Canyon University. I think it's important to feel at home wherever you go to school and Grand Canyon University has that "welcome home" atmosphere. This University is one of a kind, from a beautiful campus to top-notch education. The school spirit is loud, proud, and purple! Lopes Up!

Catherine

Overall it is an average school. There is a lot of school spirit especially at our games. The people there are pretty nice, the campus is fairly small, but expanding quickly. The academics can be more rigorous but are alright. The food gets very mundane very quickly. The area is just a little boring, not too much going around. The campus is safe and security is always roaming around. Overall the school is pretty decent, just lacks a little diversity and more culture.

Brianna

I love GCU. The atmosphere at this school is so uplifting, and encouraging. The social life of this school is amazing as well. It is a Christian school so there are a lot of relationships that surround and have a lot to do with Christ. Many come to this school without the acknowledgment that it is a Christian school. That is not a bad thing what so ever, nor do they try to show it down your throat but God is still a topic within the classrooms and social groups.

yahsmeen

I really only had a weekend overnight visit and I wasn't sure about committing to going but it changed my mind. It's a beautiful campus with very nice people!! They made me feel at home and wanted. I can't wait for the school to start!! I'm excited about starting school and seeing what it's all about.

zariyah

I is a wonderful school and i cant wait to attend it soon.

Denise

5 stars for Grand Canyon in every possible criteria!! I absolutely love Grand Canyon University. I am openly and consistently giving my school kudos and shout outs on social media. I encourage others to at least try one semester. They won't regret it.

Christy

Grand Canyon University is overall a great school. There is nothing quite like our GCU Havocs, and every sporting event is jam-packed with excitement and craziness. I enjoy most of my classes; however, I am an honors student and I wish I wasn't - I know it looks good on paper, but being an honors student is just so much extra work and the required honors classes that I have been a part of have not really added much to my understanding. There is a great atmosphere here, and the people are very nice. Just know that wherever you go, someone will always hold the door open for you.

I have had a wonderful experience at GCU so far. The campus is extremely secure and the overall environment is fantastic. Lots of opportunities to get involved and they are extremely supportive and involved with making sure that you succeed and graduate on time.

Adam

Grand Canyon University is an overall solid school. Yes there are schools that may have better academics, or have a larger campus, or more food options, but GCU has teachers who care and are always in their office, willing to help students. The teachers encourage career over the individual class, they know that as college students what is the point of passing a class if it does not get you a job. If there is a career opportunity or internship that is during class the teacher will work with the student because the career after college is the end goal.

jasmine

i love my school. although it may be a private school its so big and steady expanding. its a world of happiness all around campus. you cant wait to get there, and when you do you do not want to leave. the campus is big enough for everyone the sports are awesome and everyone is friendly. GCU is a great place i highly recommend!!!! #go lopes

makenzie

overall grand canyon university is such a great school. when picking a college yo want to look for one that you want to spend the next at least 4 years if not more at. GCU is defiantly that school. the professors are extremely helpful and understanding with everything. the events that they have are always a blast to attend and make going to school overall just amazing.

Amber

I found it very welcoming and the vibes and energy there was absolutely amazing. Everyone was super nice and welcoming to me while I visited. There was a ride variety of places to eat, and even options to purchase food at the store. The areas where students could hang out together were very nice and kept clean and all the students there appeared to be enjoying themselves lots. The sports games are filled with school spirit and even if its off season and there is a game there is still lots of school spirit there.

It was a nice school but they were so focused on expanding that they let the current students down at times.

Kaylea

Grand Canyon University is a great Christian school. The professors are very friendly and are always willing to help. Not only are the professors willing to help, but the school provides a lot of learning centers that are available to all students. So, no matter if you're struggling, there are plenty of opportunities that will help you. Plus, the campus is beautiful and provides many food choices and little shops that you can get food.

Skylar

I think Grand Canyon University is a great school and has lots to offer. With that being said, it isn't the school for me. I would only recommend going to GCU if you are a christian because otherwise, many people won't want to be your friend and shove their opinion down your throat. It makes me very uncomfortable but the academics and professors are great!

La'Keshia

I love GCU! Attending this school was the best choice I've ever made in choosing schools.

Alicia

Grand Canyon University has great community and lots of diversity. There are groups and clubs that range from just about everything so I'm sure that it should not be hard to find a place to fit in. They plan a lot of on campus events during the week for students which is very generous however, lines are way to long that it does not make the event worth it unless you stood in that line for more than 2 hours. The counselors here are not the best and transferring credits is a pain because it is a private university. There are limited majors that you can choose from as well. Some professors that are hired have no clue what they are supposed to do especially lab professors who are not prepared. Overall, it is a great atmosphere.

Anissa

Grand Canyon University truly follows their phrase of "our spirit will move you" not only is the school's Christian faith felt throughout everything they do whether it is in person or online. God is at the base of all we do and that is clearly know but never pressured. The spirit and the pride the students and staff have within their jobs and school are inspiring and achieving our best encourages everyone that is associated with the school. It is truly a great school I am proud to be apart of.

Tatum

Grand Canyon University is a beautiful and active school. I love living on campus their dorms are spacious. The people at GCU are always so polite and kind to anyone they meet. The class room sizes are perfect not to big but not to small. The professor are so kind and always willing to help.

April

It’s a great school. The staff are friendly, and very helpful. I know I’m the time i been there when i had questions someone was always available to answer my questions, and provide assistance with any issue i may have. My advisor is absolutely amazing.

Alba

Grand Canyon University is an amazing Christian based private university. The professors make it a point to assist students in their academic success. The counselors provide information to students in a timely matter. The portal is so easy to access, and there are many resources to help students to succeed. It is also overflowing with resources that are easily accessed and very user friendly. In relation, the staff at GCU are the nicest people I have ever encountered. From the moment I began my application process, I have received nothing but guidance and support from my counselors! It is such a refreshing experience to be so supported in my academic journey. Grand Canyon University is a school with an incredible sense of community. This school is a place where every student is focused on building and strengthening personal relationships with their peers in order to build their success and help maintain the success of others around them. The school especially is known for its school spirit. From supporting their athletes to participating and interacting during college events. Everyone is nice and uplifting. The basketball games are always full of energy and intensity. The dorms are great and there is a great variety of food choices. I highly recommend Grand Canyon University to anyone.

Laura

I’m content with attending

Dakota

This school is amazing. I have always felt so welcome and included. We have chapel every Monday that students can chose to attend or even take for credit. Usually our arena fills up for chapel. We have many great food options that you can use dinning dollars for. I have met all my friends here and we are family now. We all go to church together and spends lots of time studying and just going out and doing fun things together when we get the chance.

GCU is a wonderful Christian college, with great support from all levels of the university staff and faculty. With all the programs available to every student, at every level, they are truly concerned with their students to succeeding in college and beyond!

Peyton

I am a sophomore student at Grand Canyon University. I absolutely love my school. It is a very safe and beautiful campus. The dorms are like apartments. I have enjoyed most all of my classes and my professors have always been available to help if I have any questions. Highly recommend. Our student section is also very spirited and we love sports at GCU.

Sadie

The environment is very welcoming, everyone is nice and encouraging. Teachers are there to help when needed.